Farenheit 451

Darcy

Cadet
So, i was assigned Farenheit 451 for summer reading, i have two weeks until school starts up again, and i am through the first third of it.

Has anyone else read it?

I havent really been really perceptive with this novel and it'd help out alot to have you point out things... anything really.

For starters, the first third just ended and i dont understand... who is at the door? Is it the captain?

And i thought he only stole that one book... how does he have so many hiddden away?

I read the book back in 7th grade...so over 3 years ago, but I do remember some of the book.

I wouldn't be able to tell you specifics about the door and all, but I think he has so many books, b/c he's been collecting over such a long period of time. And since it isn't allowed...he's just been building stock in secret.

I've read this....they forced me to read it at school freshman year. I hated it, but I do remember most of it if you have any specific questions....

LOL...I just remember the dog was some sort of programmed machine. We had to make it for English class! :lol: I wish I could help...I really do! but I read it sooo long ago.

I believe the dog is programmed to sense who is guilty of having books and it senses that Montag has books? ?? maybe? sorry, maybe I don't remember correctly, you might wanna double check that one!lol.

I just remember him growling at Montag at the Fire station and then in the very end with the needle thing.....don't remember all that much about the end. Guess what I do remember? Montag's name is like a metaphor or something like that cuz it's similar to the word 'montage' :P

i read this book so long as well! i didnt care for it either! but i will try to help out as much as i can!

and that is interesting...montag and montage?! could be very possible!

yup, that's what our teachers taught us and what the books said...I think there was also a similar thing with the young girl's name too...but I don't remember it.

I never read the book, but I watched the movie in grade 7. I don't remember a dog, though... in the movie, his wife reported him.

Brittany said:
yup, that's what our teachers taught us and what the books said...I think there was also a similar thing with the young girl's name too...but I don't remember it.
Clarisse ring a bell? and yup its tru, using character names as a metaphor is a literary technique commonly utilized by authors... in fact it appears in most novels. Take almost any classic novel and you'll find evidence of this specific name choosing to identify character personalities, plot event, theme, etc.

~Darcy

that's it! thanks for the reminder, and yes, there is a really really really sucky movie made out of it.....I hated it, and I do NOT reccommend it....we had to watch it in class.

There's gotta be some kind of Online Cliff notes for this book. It's pretty much canonical reading. My theory is, I'm too busy to read everything myself. If someone can hit all of the major points in the book for me, then that's just that much more time left over to do other more important things.

i JUST finished that book 2day cuz we had 2 read it for school! ^_^ i thought it was a little confusing cuz if u miss like ONE word, u dont kno wats going on...

o ya, and i hafta answer some questions about the 3rd section...if ne1 wants to help....? lol ^_^

Back