Favorite 80's flicks

sugababyboo

mrs. charlie
The Goonies. How can anyone not love this movie?! The adventure, the cast, and Chunk's Truffle Shuffle(spelling?) It's just so funny and it had one of the two Coreys in it. Sloth was the unlikely, deformed but lovable hero. It's weird when I watch on cable because there are two scenes that are cut out, for risque reasons lol. Compared to today's movies, those scenes are pretty tame. Of course, who can foget seeing a young Sean Astin and Josh Brolin? And Datta kicked ass!

The Breakfast Club Molly Ringwald, made feel so much better for having full lips. The chemistry between the cast was just solid. I formed a small crush on Anthony Michael Hall, which is why I am obsessed with "The Dead Zone." Judd Nelson looked like a college student with big nostrils, but he still was bad ass in the movie lol.

The Lost Boys Kiefer Sutherland and Jason Patric made great enemies. Of course this film gets an extra star for having both Coreys. The soundtrack was just incredible. It's not at all scary for a vampire flick, but I sure loved the Grandpa and Nanook.

Pretty in Pink Duckie was the best. Sure Molly got to hookup w/ the popular rich preppy. But Duckie was the best friend w/ the....unique fashion sense.

I know that there are more, but I can't really think right now! So, go on post some of your faves!

The Terminator
Predator
Beverly Hills Cop
Police Academy
Tango and Cash
Trading Places
Coming to America
Rambo Trilogy

and many many more...

- terminator. for some reason, guys are always surprised when they know i really liked terminator. c'mon, it was a good movie, what do you expect?

- breakfast club. the best of the brat pack movies. i loved all the little romances that were going on too. those were hilarious. as was every other line in this movie. "does barry manilow know you raid his wardrobe?" and "is your mother married to mr. rogers?" "uh...no. mr. johnson." :lol:

- pretty in pink. i completely fell in love with andrew mccarthy. i mean, how could you not? and duckie was hysterical too! but mmm....andrew mccarthy... :love: (although what kind of a stupid name is "blaine"?? yuck.) and i loved all of molly ringwald's outfits. i wish i could've been that creative.

- ferris bueller's day off. god, i loved this movie. that parade was a little over the top, but it was so funny.

- dirty dancing. "nobody puts baby in a corner." so cheesy, but so cute.

- flashdance. what can i say, i loved it.

- say anything. oops, almost forgot this one. john cusack! helloooo... i loved that scene when he stands outside her window holding up that boombox while it plays peter gabriel. classic...

man...i loved 80s movies.

The Goonies is my absolute favorite movie EVER!! Did you know they're re-releasing it in theaters next year for the 20th anniversary? That's what I heard, anyway.

I also love The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Dirty Dancing, Footloose, The Neverending Story, Vacation, Ghostbusters, Parenthood, Stand By Me, Beaches, the Back to the Future Trilogy, the Indiana Jones trilogy, Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, and perhaps the weirdest movie of all time, Beetlejuice! (Actually, I'm not sure if that was 80s or early 90s, but close enough.)

The 80s was a golden age of movies, especially (as Buffy calls it) the "Ringwald ouevre". ^_^

Wow! This is my kind of thing....considering how much I loved that VH-1's I love the 80's show!
Let's see...
Airplane (possibly the funniest movie EVER made)
Sixteen Candles (Jake Ryan....*sigh*)
The Breakfast Club (love it...love it!)
Top Gun (one of the greatest movies of all time)
Dirty Dancing (same here Cherry...I just love it!)
Flashdance (the ending is the best part)
Indiana Jones...(absolutely timeless...I could watch them over and over)
Back to the Future (It's like kissing my brother!)
Star Wars (though I never was such a big fan)

And that's all I can think of for the moment...

How can I forget about Ferris?! Oh that Matthew :D

I snuck into the room when my mom was watching Dirty Dancing for the first time. Let's keep that between us ;)

Stand By Me. Buddy movies are always the best.

Weird Science Anthony Micheal Hall, I couldn't get enough of him.

Sixteen Candles Long Duc Dong. And the end with the kissing over the cake awwww.

Big Tom Hanks is the greatest!

I had to post these.

goonies.jpg

Here's them today.
goonies2.jpg

ahh! i forgot back to the future and indiana jones too! ooh, and beetlejuice. awesome movie. beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetlejuice!!

oh, and i forgot pump up the volume! mmm...christian slater... ^_^

Pump Up the Volume... I remember seeing that. It was one of my exboyfriend's favorite movies of all time (this is the exboyfriend who's a stripper).

My favorite movies from the 80s...

Say Anything (the BEST movie!)
Pretty in Pink
Breakfast Club
Sixteen Candles
Goonies
Neverending Story (which was on tv the other day)
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Better Off Dead
Dirty Dancing
Beetlejuice
Top Gun

Say Anything is a GREAT movie! It was Cameron Crowe's first (he also directed Singles, Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous, and Vanilla Sky), and he's my favorite director.

Anyways... a movie that I missed..
Legend (Tom Cruise with long hair, lmao)

I saw that! :D Although, I barely remember it. Ooo speaking of Tom Cruise, "Rain Man" Him and Dustin Hoffman had such great chemistry. In one of the rough drafts of the script, there was a scene where those two would go through a ring of fire on a motorcycle! :lol:

OOO i don't know if these are all 80's but o well!!!

Footloose!!!! i love this one!
Back to the future!
Ghostbusters!
The Goonies!
Beetlejuice!

i love these! and i love that show called I LOVE THE 80S! too! i love the 80's all together the music the movies and who good forget...THE STYLE!!!! lol Big Hair was Crazy kewl! Neon colors!!!! spandex!!! and who could forget HORRIBLE MAKE UP!!!!! lol

lauren vartan

im glad to say I was part of the babies of the eighties club!!!!! lol

oh man...where's rach? she would love this thread. :lol:

oh yeah, and those are all 80s movies. ;) footloose... i remember that one. every time i think of it now though, i can't get the image of eric mccormack (will on will & grace) and kevin bacon dancing like crazy in his apartment. :lol:

crazy spinster @Jul 25 2003 said:
footloose... i remember that one. every time i think of it now though, i can't get the image of eric mccormack (will on will & grace) and kevin bacon dancing like crazy in his apartment. 

Me neither!! And it was so great how he just clapped his hands and the music came on...Hey, if you're going to use the clapper, that's the way to do it.. ;)

This is all I can think of right now so Im sure there are lots more ^_^

* Are the ones that I love the most and I grew up with and watched almost everyday ^_^

*The Princess Bride
*Legend
*Labrynth
Top Gun
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Goonies
*Ghostbusters
Big
Sixteen Candles
Indiana Jones
*Back To The Future
*Beetlejuice