Favorite 80's flicks

14yearoldaliasluver said:
i love these! and i love that show called I LOVE THE 80S! too! i love the 80's all together the music the movies and who good forget...THE STYLE!!!! lol Big Hair was Crazy kewl! Neon colors!!!! spandex!!! and who could forget HORRIBLE MAKE UP!!!!! lol
LOL...same here. I watch the eps on VH-1 all the time. My sisters think I'm crazy, but I can't get enough of the show!

The make up wasn't as bad as the 60s, believe me! (And you at least could find natural colors!) It's hard to believe it was so long ago . . . I feel old . . .
:lol:

I saw a 80's movie today that I've never seen before but I kinda came in the middle of it. I didn't find out the name until now, "Secret Admirer" C. Thomas Howell, Laura Loughlin, Corey Haim and Kelly Preston. I really loved it, especially the fashion. Kelly Preston had a triangle purse, how practical is that? And did we girls find any reason to wear a belt with/on anything we wore?

Just thought of another....Girls Just Want to Have Fun. Definitely one of the greatest movies I've watched....over and over and over again!

Yes, I loved Girls Just Want To Have Fun!

Say Anything
Better off Dead (probably the best movie of all time)
The Terminator
Indiana Jones
Legend
Back to the Future
Lost Boys
Beetlejuice
Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Good lord, there's so many good ones though!

One more, I absolutely cannot believe I forgot, b/c it has Harrison Ford and Viggo (ok...so he had a minor role, but who cares), Witness. Now that was an amazing movie!

I loved the horror movies from this decade too. Nightmare on Elm Street! And Child's Play freaked me out b/c my cousin had a doll like that lol!!!

okay, nightmare on elm street is my absolute weakness. i watched a nightmare on elm street marathon on television when i was seven years old and got so freaked out that i was scared just to go to the bathroom by myself. even now, nothing else has scared me as much as freddy kruegger has. well...except for maybe michael jackson in "thriller." gah... :blink:

Hee, when I as younger it petrified me. But now, when it's on tv I just laugh b/c of bad special effects and how strange Freddy's humor is. I doubt that I will see Freddy vs. Jason, I mean, it's more of rental...unless I get free passes lol

The thing that I saw when I was little that traumatized me was "It", based on the book by Steven King about the clown. I walked through the living room when my dad was watching it right at the part where the clown pulled the little boy down into the rain gutter on the street, and he laughed and his teeth were all sharp...I had to start sleeping in a room right next to my parents instead of my bedroom, and I was scared of anything clown-related for quite a few years!

But I caught it on Lifetime recently, and it's such a dorky movie! And Seth Green was in it, when he was about 12, which I thought was funny.

It freaked me out lol. But like you, I saw it again and I was like, "wait, that's it?!" I forgotten when "It" actually was. lol and now i feel dumb for being so scared lol

It....*shudder* I watched that when I was in about 4th grade! I specifically remember where I was. Nightmares forever....a crazed clown and a phonebooth. LOL...but the people I watched it with I had been friends with forever (another family...and we have a tendency to scare ourselves...at least the girls!)

Another one, which I don't think many peple have seen is, "People under the stairs" it's a Wes Craven flick and it's more humorous than scary.

i can't believe i havent seen this thread before! i was such an 80s child! big hair, side ponytail! turquoise leggings with big shirt and those little ties to scrunch it at the bottom! wow! gotta love the 80s and 80s movies! they are just plain fun!

of course my favorites are the molly ringwald movies!
Breakfast Club(i love this movie..me and my friends do the little walk/dance all the time! hehe!)
sixteen candles(my mom even threatend to forget my birthday when i turned 16!lol!)
ferris buellers day off(classic what more can one say about this movie!!! i love how he just does things at random, he is talking to you then plays the bagpipes! HA! i love that part! ^_^ )
star wars....dun dun dadad dun dun dadadada dun dun dooo doo dun do!(like my singing! HA!)

I've never seen that one, heard of it though. Surprisingly, I've never seen Indiana Jones or Star Wars. *Holds up shield to protect self from tomatoes* :lol:

Nad said:
I remember watching Girls Just Wanna Have Fun with Helen Hunt and Sarah Jessica Parker in it.
Yes!!! I mentioned it before, but it seemed like no one else had seen it. Definitely one of the greatest movies....LOL...at least I think so. Come on...it's D-TV!!!

sugababyboo said:
I've never seen that one, heard of it though. Surprisingly, I've never seen Indiana Jones or Star Wars. *Holds up shield to protect self from tomatoes* :lol:
:blink: shocked. there are no words. just shock.

get thee to a video store immediately!! they're only two of the greatest movie trilogies ever, that's all. :rolleyes:

crazy spinster said:
sugababyboo said:
I've never seen that one, heard of it though.  Surprisingly, I've never seen Indiana Jones or Star Wars.  *Holds up shield to protect self from tomatoes* :lol:
:blink: shocked. there are no words. just shock.

get thee to a video store immediately!! they're only two of the greatest movie trilogies ever, that's all. :rolleyes:

:shock: :shocked: :thud: :stretcher:

Wow never seen Indiana Jones or Star wars I'm just... wow.. can't comprehend an existance... without... wow

I loved The Princess Bride
Footlose Indiana Jones (all of them)
Star Wars, many more but I gtg so I'll write them later

Back