Favorite Alias Music

I love the music on this show...
River, by Joni Mitchell... I played that song nonstop over the holiday season. Sad, yes I know. I was such a humbug.
A Place Called Home, by Kim Richey
Songbird, by Fleetwood Mac (I was attached to this song before it was on the episode)
This Woman's Work, by Kate Bush (I was so excited when it was on the episode)

Jeff Buckley's "lover, you should have come over"

"too young to hang on, but too old to just break free and run". dear lord that song is great. i need to listen to it now.

Good choice! I discovered the album because of Alias--and initiated my trainer! I got it for her for Christmas and it was a great present; she hugged me. Too bad Jeff Buckley wasn't with us longer; what a talent!
:(

I also liked "Break Me Gently" (Doves), "Dream On" (Depeche Mode), "I Hate to Say I Told You So" (The Hives)--there's so many!

Angel by Sarah McLachlan
You're a God by Vertical Horizon
Hella Good by No Doubt which seemed to fit the scene perfectly

What is your all time favorite song on Alias.

I liked the Slumber My Darling by Allison Krauss and Yo Yo Ma from the scene where Vaughn is dying from the virus.

i liked "Touch Me" by the supreme beings of leisure in episode 2 of this season and i also liked the song by Natalie Merchant in the Season 1 finale when sloane was telling emily everything

There are so many awesome ones, but since No Doubt is my favorite band, when they played Hella Good really sticks out in my mind.

Nad said:
What is your all time favorite song on Alias.

I liked the Slumber My Darling by Allison Krauss and Yo Yo Ma from the scene where Vaughn is dying from the virus.
Yay! Go Yo Yo Ma! I don't know what my favorite song is..they are all pretty good.

jenamackay said:
Angel by Sarah McLachlan
You're a God by Vertical Horizon
Hella Good by No Doubt which seemed to fit the scene perfectly
I would definitely agree!! I loved when they played angel!!!!!!!! It was so sad and sweet at the same time! And the Hella Good song just made the Getaway scene rock!!!

I liked the AC-DC in the beginning of Phase One, and then American Woman by Lenny Kravitz. That was cool. I also liked a "Marshall Music Moment" way back in season one somewhere. He was showing Syd a noise-canceling device, so he cranked a radio up real loud. I dunno who'd noticed the song he played, but it was "Ready Steady Go" by Paul Oakenfold. He's a techno DJ from the UK, and that little clip on that episode pretty much turned me on to him and his music!

One more song that I loved on Alias... didn't figure out what it was until recently (I'm slow)... the Ryan Adams song, La Cienega Just Smiled. I know, it was playing during the tequila Sydney-Willage scene... but it's a great song anyways. JJ Abrams also used it during the series finale of Felicity... I think during the flashback with Felicity and Ben and the Charlie Chaplin movie.

I'm noticing a lot of songs that have been on both Felicity and Alias. Does JJ Abrams pay less to use songs on Alias that he used on Felicity? I'm not complaining... I love the music he chooses.

I really like the song that they played at the end of Truth Takes Time, "So Are You to Me." It's sooooo good. Sad, but really good.

American Woman was in both 1.01 (Truth Be Told) and 2.13 (Phase One) (at least, ABC says it was Phase One, but it might have been in 2.12 The Getaway, because that was the one that was so similar to 1.01)

Don't mind me, I'm just rambling...

hre's my list of fav. alias music:
-stay by michelle featherstone(i love this song, i listen to it almost everyday!)
-under the gun -supreme beings of leisure
-my skin-natalie merchant
-so you are to me-eastmountainsouth
-i wanna stay-gemma hayes
-edge of the ocean-ivy
and many many more!LOL
and extistentialist, jj does use alot of the same songs and artists, which is fine by me, but i noticed this allwhile ago, because if you have the felicity soundtracks, he also used song by ivy, the song, here comes the flood, this womans work and songs from chantal krevisiak(sp!) on both!

Back