Favorite authors

i'd have to say my favorite author of all time is Joseph Heller. His books are just so brilliant, thoughtful, and insanely funny. Huxley, Miller, and Orwell are great too, though.

J R R Tolkien
Anne McCaffrey
Mercedes Lackey
Tamora Pierce
Meredith Ann Pierce
Steven Brust (I think that's his name)
Melanie Rawn
T A Barron

i know theres more...

Okay for childern's author J.K. Rowling and Enid Blyton! I use to love Malory Towers, and what's freaky is that my maths teacher (think mid 40s) use to love that series too! :blush:

i know i'll sound odd but i love Jane Austen books. Pride and Prejudice is my favourite book of all time and i think she is an amazing author.

Here's my list of authors, just some off the top of my head (and my favourite book they've written)
Karleen Bradford (There will be Wolves)
Barbara Haworth Attard (Love-lies-a-bleeding)
Kenneth Opple(Silverwing Read Read Read this book people!!! and sequels)
Richard Scrimger (The Nose from JupiterGeorge Orwell (Animal Farm)
Alex Haley (Roots)

That's all I can think of now, but there's more.

I've met Barbara Haworth Attard, she's nice. And Kenneth Opple and Richard Scrimger have signed books for me.

My favorite authors would have to be:

Louisa May Alcott and Jane Austen (as my classic authors)
Jane Green ("Jemima J" is my favorite book ever. It's really inspirational, and funny, and cute. All you ladies out there should give it a try)
Marian Keyes ("Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married" and "Last Chance Salon" are great)
Gregory Maguire (author of "Wicked", "Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister", "Lost", and "Mirror, Mirror")
Nicholas Sparks
Sophie Kinesella (author of the Shopaholic books)

hmm, this is hard. lemme see...Barbara Kingsolver is good and I like Gregory Maguire as well. and Tiffanie DeBartolo wrote my favorite book of all time, God Shaped Hole (that's where my sig is from).

Back