Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other: Specify

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Kovifor

(In memoriam 1991-2020)
So. What's your favorite game? System? Click the poll!

New Poll every month.

(starting next month some suggestions!)

you might want to edit that to include PC/MAC as a lot of us upgraded our PC's to the point where we could flog our Xbox's when the games started to look and play a lot better!

i have a barton 2500+ 266mhz that will turn into a 3200+ 333mhz if i buy another mobo, 512meg of pc2700 266mhz ram that will get changed for 1gig of pc3200 333mhz ram soonish (and yes, my mobo allows 233mhz cpu and 333mhz ram at the same time, bow down to Asus mobos!!!) and to top it all off, a wonderful AGP nvidia 6600gt 128meg graphics card that improves a lot of games

i can shoot people more accurately now and racing games like Motogp2 are phenomenal (when Motogp3 comes out soon, that looks drool worthy!) i had HL2 installed with my last ati9600xt 128meg card on practically max graphics, not reinstalled with this card (but then the single player game runs on rails and doesn't interest me much in the long run)

as for Halo, blows away the xbox version. building my pc from scratch and surpassing consoles, the home pc has to be included in ths poll

Would've made a good multiple choice poll. ;)

In my case my current systems would be PS1, PS2, Gamebody Advance and PC. I'm not much of a game player so the PS1 and PS2 were both courtesy of my brother-in-law as he upgraded his systems. I'm happy to say that I've tracked down a copy of Battlestar Galactica for the PS2 as well as Godzilla so that's my current favorite system.

Old school, though, I'm a tad older than you guys so I've had just about every interation of the old Ataris, Commodores, Colecovison... heck, even an Odyssey ][.

Been ta Walmart lately? They're selling old pacman Atari systems that are pretty kool.

$15.77
Also have
0072063458018_500X500.jpg

0072063478510_500X500.jpg

0074593873030_500X500.jpg

0074593874026_500X500.jpg

0074593874021_500X500.jpg

Plug N Play games

I took a look at that link you gave at the bottom.... Man, that market really took off! I remember when the Atari one came out a few years ago as a retro-toy for the Gen-X crowd but had no idea that there are so many different take-offs of it now.

I bought one, Lots of fun especially with the older crowd. Kids think its weird but they don't stay away.

As a member of the games-systems early years - still got most of those machines in storage. These days I play different games on different machines: mac,pc,ps2,Xbox - depends on whether it's my game or offsprings'. For me a shoot-em-up does it -feel these stress/tension boil away!!!!!

aw, i voted "other", no i can't vote pc!!!

i remember at 10 years old getting an atari 2600, it was fun, but my brother being 4 years younger wasn't much competition.

a year later the commodore 64 came out, my dad borrowed a vic20 off a friend, saw we had interest, then just went and bought a commodore 64 and a disc drive (we were in germany and got the tax off as a servicemans family) i had access to all the games going around and some were so addictive i could play all day, something thats sadly missing from the world of gaming nowadays.

i bought a SNES next as Starfox came out for it and the reviews i saw on tv impressed me so much i bought the game US standard and bought a convertor for the Snes, waste of money, but kept me up a few nights!

Bought a Greystation, wasn't impressed, most games bugged to death and graphics a bit nasty really.

Found an Atari Jaguar with Aleins vs Predator, that didn't last long, the worst console of it's level around, no custom chips, nasty graphics and sound.

Nintendo 64 came next, i can still play Goldeneye even now, although my kids have the consoles, i don't anymore.

then i bought myself an Xbox and after finally being frustrated by the lack of playable games for it, i bought a full on pc as a media centre for films and games, i had a 500mhz office class pc at this point that with Videolan could play any movie/dvd i wanted to (although the xbox did the dvd's nicely) well, more remembered my computing college course when leaving school, went to TomsHardwareGuide online and learnt what was compatible with what and mail ordered the bits and pieces that i didn't find cheap locally.

Games are mainly still unplayable on the pc, i don't know if it's advancing years or thge programmers going for pretty visuals and startling sounds, but the gameplay seems not to be a major consideration nowadays!

i play JOTR and JO:E online though, so if anyone here plays it, message me for your time online, i use same username on the european servers and normally have a right scream.
(yes, i have original CS - but thats lame and unrealistic but can be forced to play it if necessary)

I remember pong/hockey. My sister's Father-in-law had one when they first hit the market. There was no cartridge, disc or tape. Just a switch and two big silver knobs. By-the-way, VCR's were not out yet either (not even beta)

Anyone remember the fossil of 'em all - Sinclair ZX Spectrum? I don't know if it was available outside the UK. Now that was totally basic gaming - now, you can get better free with kid's meal at certain fastfood chains

I haven't voted yet because I can't isolate my favorite. So far I'm fairly excited about PS3.
I have favorites in multiple systems including PC. I will wait and see how my feelings sway.

somebody forgot to mention COLECOVISION & ODYSSEY. and theres the TRS-80 from radio shack I have seem most of the ones you guys mentioned. Too bad Dreamcast died out I really liked the graphics plus you could hook it up to a computer monitor if you wanted too.

:artist:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back