Favorite Kind of Music

What is your favorite kind of music and why?

• Pop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hard Rock

• Alternative Rock

• Classic Rock

• Country

• R&B

• Jazz

• Classical

• Rap

• Other

• Total voters
I like a lot of stuff. I have some guilty pleasures (Rod Stewart, Phil Collins, any dated 80's music that take me back to my childhood) but they are only song purchases via iTunes or Real.com. I like mostly alternative music/classic rock (Doors, Beatles, Floyd) and some rap (old school/Outkast). I like the great modern rock bands like the following: Smashing Pumpkins (my favorite band), Dave Matthews Band, Nirvana/Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Live, Radiohead, U2, The Cure, Depeche Mode, The Smiths, The Police, Duran Duran (their early stuff), INXS. The only stuff I really can't stand is teen pop, rnb, and modern country. I sometimes find hard core metal songs unintentionally funny because I don't understand a word they say!LOL

I said Alternative, but I like anything but country and trust me, I have listened to enough country.
(No offense countyr fans!)
My fave bands have to be:
Good Charlotte, Blink-182 (broken up! so sad!), Bow Car Racer, Weezer, Simple Plan (so what if they are a little whiny), Smashing Pumkins, The Violent Femmes, My Chemical Romance, The Beatles (seriously, where would rock be without the Beatles or Elvis Presley?), Bad Religion, Dashboard, The Donnas, Evenesance, Norah Jones, John Mayer, and last, but my favorite Jewel!

I've got a pretty wide range of music types I like, but my top favorite for the last few years has been jazz (Louis Armstrong, John Coltrane, Count Basie, Miles Davis, etc).

I also like:

* Easy listening (which was the first type of music I was exposed to growing up in the mid-'70s - these days, it would be referred to as cocktail, lounge, space-age pop, etc)
* Adult standards (older non-rock songs, as well as modern covers of those songs)
* Oldies rock (1950s-mid-'70s)
* '80s modern rock (some of it, anyway)
* A few alt-rock groups (Green Day above all)
* Chillout/trip-hop/electronica
* As far as rap goes, all I like are Will Smith, Hammer and Eminem - no "gangsta" for me

My least favorite kind of music? The current trend toward teen pop and American Idol winners and wannabes.

#1redwigfan said:
but my favorite Jewel!
[post="1243347"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Don't you think Jewel sucks ever since 0304?
Well... it just isn't Jewel anymore...
And I saw her in concert when she was touring "This Way"and i was really disappointed by her performance :thinking:

Mmm I put Alternative. Main stuff I listen to is like Sarah McLachlan, Mars Volta, Smashing Pumpkins, Death Cab for Cutie, Tori Amos, Delerium, Frou Frou, Eisley, Coldplay, Evanescence, Cranberries. But every now and then I feel like putting on my other stuff like Green Day, The Used, My Chemical Romance, Sum 41, Muse, Story of the Year, AC/DC, Metallica, AFI. I guess u could say different genres of Rock.

Forgot to add that I also like Depeche Mode and The Cure.

I listen to a lot of different types. I don't limit myself to one type of music.

I listen to rock, hard rock, metal, death metal, goth metal, emo, punk, punk-rock, pop-punk......and others.

Back