Favorite Movie Based On A Time Period

What is your favorite fictional movie set in a historical period?

• Gone With The Wind (1939): Civil War in America

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Casablanca (1941): WWII

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben-Hur (1959): Period during Jesus Christ

• Dr. Strangelove or: How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Bomb(1964): WWII

• Star Wars (1977):.....lol. I guess you can vote this if you believe that there is some galaxy out th

• The Deer Hunter (1978): Vietnam War

• Apocalypse Now: (1979): Vietnam War

• Raiders of The Lost Arc (1981): WWII

• Les Misérables (1998): Many versions have been made but I chose this one since ot's the only one I

• Other

• Total voters
Can't edit pole but I pasted the wrong time period under Dr. Strange Love ......it's really set during the Cold War period

What is your favorite movie that has a fictional story that is set in a historical period?

My favorite is "or: How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Bomb"......I love this film so much because it combines drama and comedy into one......the film was made by the great Stanley Kubrick and is basically a satire on politics and nucleur war.

If you saw the episode of The Simpsons where Homer is riding the bomb......that's where it came from ;)

My second favorite is "Raiders of The Lost Arc".......gotta love that scene where Indie comes face-to-face with Hitler....hahaha

Anyways, what's yours?

~~Spongy! :cool:

Gone With The Wind, no doubt about it!

Still one of the greatest movies ever made. I love how Scarlet's character develops and matures over the course of the film. And, Rhett Butler (sp?)... what a cocky b@stard :D

Other -

Pride and Prejudice (the BBC and A&E version)

It was a television mini-series, but such a great movie!! It's five hours long, but that is nothing! Not to mention, it has that hottie Colin Firth in it :love: (y) (y) (y)

I loved Les Miserables. The story with Cossette and Marius is so good. And I also like how Javert handles what happens in the end (I'm not gonna give it away.) Great movie. So great!

Back