Favorite Movies of All Time

Hmm...so many to choose from. ;)

Dirty Dancing
Footloose
Pearl Harbor
Titanic
How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days (I know it's new, but I really liked it!)

Um, I know I'm missing some, but these are definitely some of my favourite movies!

Viogirl13 said:
Armageddon
Pearl Harbor
Harry Potter
Rat Race
Legally Blonde
The Lion King
A Walk to Remember

Hmmmm....still thinking...
I agree with some of those

Legally Blonde(always in my VCR)
A Walk to Remember(great)

Add

Tomb Raider
Ever After
Never Been Kissed
The Mummy
The Mummy Returns
Miss. Congeniatly(however you spell it)
X Men was very interesting
Dragonfly

My all time fave: MY FAIR LADY (love it)
I never really like Pearl Harbor it was just to sad. Oh and I'll just say this I loved Ben in that movie, and found a little pleasure when Danny died. Shh.. sue me.

Best movie ever.....THE GOONIES!!!!!!! :woot: :woot:

Come on, 80's kids, are ya with me? I fear a lot of you on this board might be too young to remember this one.

1. Star Wars Trilogy(the first three) and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon(a very good plot,great characters,plus the BEST fighting scenes in a movie EVER!!!!!!) :D :D :D :D
2.The Lord of the Rings (The Two Towers) :D :D
3.Roman Holiday :D
4.The Lion King and The Little Mermaid :D :D
5.The Matrix :D :D
6.A Walk to Remember
7.Austin Powers the Spy Who Shagged Me (y)
8.An Affair to Remember
9.Dangerous Beauty :D :D :D
10.Enter the Dragon (y)
11.The Mummy and The Mummy Returns(the latter was better)
12.Behind Enemy Lines
13.Legally Blond
14.Election
15.The Thomas Crown affair
16.Monsters Ball
17.X-Men
18.Sixteen Candles
19.Indecent Proposal(I would have gone with Robert Redford in the end...hee hee!!!!!) (y) ;) ;) ;) ;)
20.Ghost(Odamay Johnson..Whoopie's character was the best in the movie)
21.Titanic

The matrix is really good, and so is x-men, i just saw that last weekend. hmm... ofcourse star wars, basically anything sci fi :D

but lotr rules them all :D

What's your favorite movie of all time and why?

Mine is Minority Report starring Tom Cruise, Colin Farrell, and Samantha Morton. When this movie came out last year, I expected it to be good but I didn't expect it to become my favorite movie ever. I went to see it opening night because my best friend is obsessed with Tom Cruise, but we both came out with more respect for the whole movie than for any one single part of it. It is just so incredibly creative and has one of the best plotlines ever in a movie. I was very upset when it got totally gypped on Oscar nominations, especially because Roger Ebert named it the best movie of the year!

Share your sentiments about Minority Report or your favorite movie here!

well, it always varies (even though this is "of all time" ;)), but at the moment my favorite movie is amelie. as if you couldn't tell from my avatar. ;) actually, most people don't know that my avatar is of amelie but that's not surprising since most people haven't even heard of the movie!

but the reason i love the movie so much is because it just leaves you with such a happy feeling once the movie is over. and it's got such a great, simple message without being hokey or corny at all. and i completely relate to amelie - her shyness and her sense of justice. ;)

i just love the movie. i think most people are scared off though by the subtitles. which is such a shame because i know people would love it if they just gave it a chance. everyone i've talked to who's seen the movie has loved it. :smiley:

ya i love that movie too i just saw it agian today...but my fav movie right now tho it changes wekly . ;) lol is West side story. The music nubers are great!!! and it is so touching

Amelie! You know, my sister loved the movie so much that she bought the DVD and I STILL haven't seen it! That's it... this weekend, I'm definately watching it. My mom went to France recently, and bought the book that the movie was based off of for me.

My favorite movie of all time... I can't choose! It'd have to be either Dead Poets Society or Pleasantville. Dead Poets Society because it's inspirational. Live your life the way you want to... and, of course, carpe diem. Pleasantville, because I think that it carried a good message.

Back