Favorite Movies of All Time

and there's a book?? what's it called?

Actually, my sister said that the movie was based off this book... but I'm not so sure. It's in French (I don't know if an english translation is out). It's by Amelie Nothomb, and it's called Metaphysique des Tubes. I'm gonna have to watch the movie before I can determine if the movie was based off this book...

hmm... yeah, i'm not so sure it's based off a book either now. i remember listening to a bit of the director's commentary and i think he co-wrote the script. i don't seem to remember him ever mentioning a book, but i could be mistaken.

LOL!! crazy spinster, you started a trend!! I have to say, your avatar is what made me watch Amelie....and I loved it!!!! I can totally relate to Amelie also!!
Right now, it's at the top of my list!!
So, my list:
Amelie
My Father the Hero
Top Gun
Brokedown Palace
-Karie-

It's a tie between the LOTR, Star Wars, Say Anything, Animal House and Super Troopers. I like them because they are all very different and just make me smile at the end of them. They are the few movies that I can watch over and over again and not get sick of them.

Vicky :smiley:

Alias_Gay said:
My Favorite till now ...

"Titanic"
OMG ME TOOO!!! Titanic was amazing... it made me laugh and cry and angry and happy! I LOVED IT! ohhh this movie will always be my favorite! :D
I also love action movies... if Alias were made into a movie- then it would definitly be Number 1!
I need to see Amelie! :P

too hard to choose, I didn't see enough movies although I watch lots of movies !!
Right now, I really love The Matrix (the first, the second is great too !), Rebecca and Rear window (by Hitchcock) !

Mrs. Karie Vartan said:
LOL!! crazy spinster, you started a trend!! I have to say, your avatar is what made me watch Amelie....and I loved it!!!! I can totally relate to Amelie also!!
Right now, it's at the top of my list!!
yay!! i'm so glad you watched it! isn't it just the greatest movie ever? :D i get so happy just thinking about it. ^_^

Favorite Movie of All Time... bah that is so unbelievably hard!! It used to be A Beautiful Mind, but I think now it's a tie between A Beautiful Mind and Moulin Rouge. A Beautiful Mind was just so amazing and interesting, it kind of sparked an interest in schizophrenia and all that nifty stuff for me. :D And Moulin Rouge was just, wow. The music was fantastic, and everything about it was just so great.

(Note to self: rent Amelie. ;) )

My favorite movie of all time would have to be.......Moonraker

Honorable mention to:
Man with the Golden Gun
Goldfinger
Caddyshak
A Few Good Men
Spaceballs
Happy Gilmore

:blush: wow i've never seen any of those movies... i need to catch up on my movie watching... and Amelie!!! i haven't seen that either!

oh man, spaceballs and happy gilmore are HILARIOUS. i think happy gilmore is my favorite adam sandler movie. i just couldn't stop laughing the whole time. i loved when he started cussing out the golf ball. and my favorite part of the film was when he started rhyming his comeback at the mean golfer. i don't remember how it went, but i thought it was just so funny. :lol:

need to add "Gone with the Wind" ... and as someone has said already ... its really hard ... since I have been watching movies since I was 5, so its 26 years of good, regular and bad movies ... and of course the best ones ... :blink:

Back