Votes: 0 0.0%
  • season five

• season six

• season seven

• Total voters
LOL Yeah, a lot of people didn't like season 6. Some people even had the audacity to HATE mail Joss. So, you had one bad season!! HE'S A GENIUS! I MEAN, IF YOU WANT TO HATE MAIL HIM FOR THE PROM THEN FINE!! But I liked the end of season 6. Now that I look back on it, it was pretty good.

wasn't the big beef with season 6 the whole killing tara thing? i didn't like that either. but you're right, i still liked the ending with evil willow and xander saving the world. that was great. :smiley:

i agree that hate mail should not of been sent to Joss, after he has made so many great seasons of Buffy but compared to other seasons it wasnt very good. like when you compare the evils - jonathan and the others compared to glory, the mayor and the first.

Season 2 definitely tops the others for me. Buffy and Angel first got together that year and the verbal banter between characters was definitely at its best. Plus, I still thing Becoming is the best episode of Buffy ever! I still cry every time I watch it! :rolleyes:
Season 7 was actually a bit disappointing. I lost a lot of interest in the show because of the potentials. I REALLY couldn't stand some of those girls :angry: ... especially Kennedy. GAWD I hated her! I so hoped she'd kick the bucket in the finale, but no luck there. Willow should have been someone who, in the words of Giles, had more maturity than "a blueberry scone." :D

crazyspinster: Why didn't you like the Willow-Tara thing? :thinking: That was one of my favourite aspects of the show. The two actresses had great chemistry, and Amber Benson is a great actor...

And as for the hate mail thing... I've talked about it, but I would never actually do it. When Joss killed Angel in Becoming, my best friend and I planned to fly down to LA and throw threatening bricks through his window till he brought Angel back. Sending hate mail about the Willow-Tara thing, or because some ppl don't think the writing was up to snuff (which is bull, if you ask me) is just... dumb. :angry:

girlscout said:
crazyspinster: Why didn't you like the Willow-Tara thing? :thinking: That was one of my favourite aspects of the show. The two actresses had great chemistry, and Amber Benson is a great actor...
oh no no no, that's not what i meant at all. i loved willow & tara together, actually. what i meant is that i had heard a lot of people had become very upset when joss killed tara off (because they were the only stable and non-stereotypical lesbian relationship on television). i was one of those people. i just wasn't upset enough to send hate mail.

crazy spinster said:
oh no no no, that's not what i meant at all. i loved willow & tara together, actually. what i meant is that i had heard a lot of people had become very upset when joss killed tara off (because they were the only stable and non-stereotypical lesbian relationship on television). i was one of those people. i just wasn't upset enough to send hate mail.
Ahh... sorry! Yea, ppl were upset when they killed her off. I was angry too. :angry: Never considered the hatemail thing though. It ticked me off more when Joss tried to get Willow and Kennedy together! I HATED that! Kennedy was just... so... obnoxious!
Sorry 'bout the misunderstanding! :blush:

yeah, willow/kennedy never did work for me either.

i think it was the age difference that bothered me. i know it wasn't that big but kennedy just came off as so young and childish. totally not willow's type.

oh, and don't worry about the misunderstanding. ;)

Yea. That was my main complaint about kennedy. She acted like such a child all the time. The age difference was a minor factor though... Willow is what? 22? Kennedy was 16. That's a bit of a difference. It wouldn't have been a prob if willow was 28 and kennedy was 22... but really, it was the immaturity that bugged me the most.

yeah, the age difference isn't that big (especially when compared to the age difference between buffy and angel! ;) ), but what if you think of it this way - wouldn't you be sort of disturbed if xander had gotten together with one of the potentials?? (just forget about anya for a second ;))

but yeah, it was definitely the immaturity that annoyed me. and wait - isn't it illegal for willow to have sex with kennedy? she's too young for her! :eek:

not that legality matters when the world's about to end, but still... :rolleyes:

:blink: SHe had sex with Kennedy? I was away for a bit, and I haven't gotten to watch a few eps yet... but that just sucks. Blah.

I'm pro-Oz, cuz he was such a sweetheart, but Willow and Tara were cool too! She was so sweet, I'm gonna miss her. I got so excited when I heard that she might be coming back this season, last summer. Of course, if you tell me that she's coming back as a different character, I'm gonna KNOW its the First.

Stupid Joss, giving it away like that. Figured it out right then. I was SO proud when I found out I was right. LOL ;)

yeah, i loved oz too. he was such a sweetie. ^_^

funny thing is, in the very beginning, i always wanted xander and willow to get together - until they got together with cordelia and oz, respectively. then i loved those two separate couples. figures that THAT'S when the writers would decide to put xander and willow together. :rolleyes:

oh, and sorry if i spoiled anything for you (with kennedy and willow)! :confused:

LOL Its ok! I'm a spoiler addict anyway, I don't care. If it was up to me I'd know everything before it happens. Its the only way I can keep myself from dying. Otherwise I just have a mild heart attack.

You should have seen me before Free Agent. I was SHAKING I was so scared.

There were no detailed spoilers about that episode.

crazy spinster@Jun 8 2003 said:
but yeah, it was definitely the immaturity that annoyed me. and wait - isn't it illegal for willow to have sex with kennedy? she's too young for her! 

That bugged me too for awhile, but I was re-watching an episode the other day from earlier in the season, and they made it a point to mention that Kennedy was 19. (She also said something about not thinking she'd be chosen as the slayer because she was too old.) And Willow, as a senior in college, would be 22. So it's a little less disturbing to know it's only a 3 year difference.

But I didn't really ever like Kennedy either. After sweetie-pie Tara, Kennedy just came off as so pushy and aggressive. Definitely not Willow's type. Now if Faith was a lesbian, I could see her hooking up with Kennedy, but not Willow. You know who I think Willow would be cute with? Fred! I know, she's straight, but they would be so adorable! :lol:

wow, kennedy's 19?? see, i totally didn't think that with the way she acted (not as if there aren't any immature 19-year-olds out there... :rolleyes:).

yeah, fred and willow would've been cute!! i love when willow came to la to help them get angel's soul back and when she was about to leave, fred started babbling about some books and willow just gave her a funny look and said, "um...i'm seeing someone." and fred was just like, "oh...okay." :lol:

and i think it would be sort of ironic if alexis's fiancee ends up with the girl his character was going after. okay okay, i know it's sort of mixing reality with fiction, but whatever. :D

I loved that ep of Angel! :smiley: I totally agree that Fred and Willow would've been sooo cute!!! Too bad they're on different shows...

girlscout said:
I totally agree that Fred and Willow would've been sooo cute!!!
Of course, Fred would have to "change teams" like Willow did . . .
;)

Back