Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Voyager

• Deep space nine

• Star Trek Enterprise

• Total voters
With the end of Enterprise here, i was reflecting on all the Star Treks and wondered, Which one was your favorite. My favorite would have to be Voyager, and Enterprise would be my second favorite. I didn't ever really care for Deep Space Nine or the original. But what's your favorite and why?

Enterprise...and then TOS...though the only one I've seen in the past 3/4 years are Enterprise...and the others are slightly muddled in my head...*screwyface*

Jai :rain:

How would I rank them?

DS9
Enterprise*
Original**
Next Gen
Voyager

* Enterprise was flawed, to be sure, but I liked the good things about it enough to make up for its very significant downside. They continued DS9's worst defect, the tearing down of Vulcans--why undo what was set up by the original?

** The original series now looks dated, but some of the earliest episodes still contain some of the purest science fiction of ST (you'll probably recognize the SF classics they were cribbed from ;)). I'll ignore the entire third season when I apply this rating, however. It looked like they had given up.

As to the others, I wish I could afford to collect DS9, but Paramount is far too greedy for me to shell out $700 for the series. [Hear me, Paramount fools? You could make money hand over fist, but you want to sqeeze blood from a stone! It's geniuses like you who are responsible for the downturn in movie profits . . . sorry about the rant . . .] The characters were great and it had the best set of recurring characters ever. We didn't need Worf, thanks, but he was a nice addition anyway (although, Klingon overload, anyone?). Next Generation had many good things, but the characters were too perfect and everything seemed to reset after every episode--there never seemed to be any consequences for any Big Emotional Moment (tm). And Voyager . . . let's just say that I couldn't get UPN for a year or so and I didn't really miss it . . . and that's just sad for any Trek.

[BTW, let's call this the post-Enterprise poll, the first one's here.]

Back