Favorite Writer

Spike

Cadet
Alias has a lot of great writers, but who's your favorite? BTW can't be JJ cause we all love him. :P

Mine is Jesse Alexander (A Dark Turn, Full Diclosure)

I'm ashamed to say I don't even know who the writers of most of the eps are. Who wrote Passage Pt. 1 and 2? If it wasn't J.J., then that's my favorite writer. If it was, I'll have to find another one, I guess.

Roberto Orci

Parity (Season 1, Episode 3)My personal favorite.
Colorblind (Season 1, Episode 7)
The Coup (Season 1, Episode 14)
Masquerade (Season 1, Episode 18)
Cipher (Season 2, Episode 3)
Salvation (Season 2, Episode 6)
The Abduction (Season 2, Episode 10)
Double Agent (Season 2, Episode 14)
Free Agent (Season 2, Episode 15)

According to the IMDb, Debra J. Fisher and Erica Messer combined on "Passage, Part 1" and Crystal Nix Hines wrote "Passage, Part 2" . . . but they're way behind (no one has updated them with the end of season 2 or any of season 3--it's a fan/industry-updated site). I can't find writing credits on the Official site and I'm not sure who might post them.
;)

You cannot overlook J.J.'s expertise writing abilities! I mean, he got nominated for an EMMY for his writing of the pilot ("Truth Be Told"), and gosh darn it, he deserved the win! Being a writer myself, I can see the fundamentals that go into script writing and such, and recognize certain techniques used that really make a script wonderful but are not seen by the average watcher. "Truth Be Told" was the best written hour (or in this case 1 hour 9 minutes) of television I've ever seen. Even though "Phase One" was not as well written as the pilot, it still was very good. So I'd say J.J. would be one of my favorite 'Alias' writers.

I think the second most well written script, however, belonged to John Eisendrath and Jesse Alexander and it was entitled "The Box." The two-parter was fun, suspenseful, action-packed, clever, witty, scary... it had EVERYTHING! I thought it was one of the best episodes of Alias ever made. Johnny is also responsible for Season 2's "The Counteragent" which led Sydney to a Japanese masseuse house as a Geisha girl. Though very underrated, I'd say it was written even better than "Phase One" was. So John Eisendrath and Jesse Alexander tie as my third favorite writers.

In third comes Roberto Orci who holds the title as author to one of the most moving scripts I've ever seen put on, "Colorblind." Sydney's encounters with the mentally insane man and the revelations made in the episode made it a moving, jaw-dropping hour of TV. It was very well written. Kudos to Roberto as my 3rd favorite Alias writer!

I'm ashamed to say I don't even know who the writers of most of the eps are. Who wrote Passage Pt. 1 and 2? If it wasn't J.J., then that's my favorite writer. If it was, I'll have to find another one, I guess.

I'd have to disagree with you on that one, Azalea. Although I found the Passage episodes to be amusing, I personally didn't think the script is what was so good. There was one part worth mentioning, I guess, and that's the part where Irina punches Jack out while Sydney is watching to gain the trust of the enemy. It was clever, but a lot of the dialogue and substance I found to be very dry. But you know, that's just my opinion ;)

Now that we've covered writers, who is everyone's favorite director?

I would have to have a tie between God Abrams (ahem... J.J.) who stellarly directed the pilot and first season finale of the show, and Jack Bender who stole the spotlight with his mind-boggling views of "Phase One," "The Box Pts. I and II," and "Colorblind." All brilliantly directed as well.

Back