Favourite Villain?

Javewa

Cadet
Who is your favourite villain of all times? Be it from TV, Movies, Computer Games, Books, etc.

(no specific order)

1. Ethan from Lost
The body language of that actor gives me the creeps. He also appeared on 'Threshold' I think, but the scariest scene I saw him, was in Lost when he bows down to Charlie (or was it Jack?) to give him a final warning.

2. Nishka from Firefly
That character is truly evil. Tortures not only the Serenity Crew but also kills his own nephew for failing a job. One of the more stylish villains.

3. Shodan from System Shock
If you've played System Shock 1, you really really learned to hate this evil AI. There was hardly any other villain in games, movies or TV that I dissented so much.

kefka from Final Fantasy 3.

256px-Kefka_Hate.png

what a bad ass!

Richard from Shakespears King Richard III. Who else could kill a man, then woo his widow AT THE FUNERAL, and later have the nads to kill his royal child cousins after locking them in a tower?

...THATS hard core!

Right up there with him though would be Tyrion Lannister, from the "Game of Thrones" books (George R.R. Martin, look it up, GREAT books). Though hes only a villan by family assosciation, he still has a ton of style and mind like a vice.

Oh yea, and Raistlin Majere... Cant forget that badass

Tyrion Lannister is awesome!! Those are such great books, I can't wait for the next one to come out, so he will write more about Jon, Arya, Tyrion, and Deanerys. Good stuff.

My favorite villain...I'd say for one Golbez from FF2 or 4 however you look at it. Any of the villains from the Wheel of Time are awesome, that's my favorite series.

Gary Oldman's Zorg from the Fifth Element.
Actually, any movie where Gary Oldman plays a villain.

Or Daniel Day Lewis in Gangs of New York.

But yeah, Gary Oldman gets five stars from me. Five out of four.

Oh, good one Arremus. Gary Oldman's corrupt cop in Leon: The Professional was 100% pure evil. I loved him in the Fifth Element too. He's a fantastic actor.

I'd add Baron Harkonnen from Dune to this list.

jack nicholson as the joker in the original batman was pretty crazy. not saying he is the Best, but worth mentioning.

-have you ever danced with the devil by the pail moonlight?

Originally posted by frostydf2@May 7 2006, 10:01 PM
kefka from Final Fantasy 3.

256px-Kefka_Hate.png

what a bad ass!
LOL.

I don't know if they're really considered villans, but...

1. Simutronics Staff (they're stealing the show at E3 baby! har har har)

2. Artemis Entreri (forgotten realms)

3. Marcellus Wallus (pulp fiction)

I'll have to agree with Kakihara and Jack Nicholson. The first Batman was the best ;) And Ichi the Killer is just awesome, love how he open his mouth all the way after unclasping it :blink:

"I believe it can be truly said, that there are bats, in my belfry."
"I say you made me and now you've gotta turn it around and say I made you..."
"Ever dance with the devil under the pale moonlight? I always ask that of all my prey... I just like the sound of it!"

I'm a batman movie nut :P

~ Jaraeth

I think my Favorite Kakihara line was "There is no love in your punches." Right before he unpierces his cheeks and scrapes the skin off that guys hand with his teeth!

Czi

My favorite is Ghaleon from LUNAR: Silver Star Story Complete. He wasn't just another cookie-cutter, inherently evil villain. He did terrible things, but he thought they were right. He wanted to rule the world as a God because he thought he was the only one who knew what Humanity truly needed. He wasn't evil, his ideals simply conflicted with the heroes'. It made him a very interesting villain.

Another villain of note is Paku from an independant film called Haruwo. He's not my favorite villain, but he's a close second. He's probably the only villain I've ever seen who knows he's not invincible. In fact, he doesn't even counting on winning the final fight. When he loses, he takes a hostage, and when the hero calls him a coward, his reply is something to the effect of "Yeah. I know." Then he goes on to talk about how weak he is. It was an awsome movie. Here's a link to a stream (the target site posted it with the creator's permission):

http://amfilms.hash.com/search/Entry.php?entry=1056

(P.S. - What I said about Paku is just to the best of my recollection. It's been over a year since I've actually seen the movie.)

In no particular order:

I - Gabriel Yulaw (The One - "I am Yulaw! I am nobody's bitch!")

II - Lex Luthor - The man who coined the term "supervillain"

III - Sephiroth - I love that guy and the years spent playing final fantasy 7-8 have a fond place in my heart.

1) Darth Sidious - C'mon, the guy's a genius. And he managed to kick the felgercarb out of the most powerful Jedi (won't spoil it for those who somehow haven't seen Revenge of the Sith).

2) Sephiroth - Everyone's favorite psychopathic, genocidal clone-thing.

3) Magus/Janus - The dark wizard from Chrono Trigger. If you've played the game, you know why he's awesome.

Scorpius (and Harvey!) from Farscape. He was not only a great villain, he was smartest, cagiest character I've ever seen. You NEVER saw him doing something in a stupid way, and I loved him for that. Not to mention that though he was ruthless, he was complicated and tragic, and at the end of the series...almost almost heroic.

Have to agree about Zorg as well.

In no particular order.

George Clooney & Quentin Tarantino - as Seth & Richard Gecko - From Dusk Till Dawn
Two of the best written characters in any movie.

Lucy Liu - as O-Ren Ishii - in Kill Bill Vol1
She was as hardcore as it gets. And she's a chick...which makes her all the more baddass.

Chiaki Kuriyama - as Gogo Yubari - in Kill Bill Vol1
I actually think she was even more ruthless than O-Ren Ishii. The fact she was so young and innocent looking made her character so much more creepy.

Chiwetel Ejiofor - as The Operative - in Serenity
This was the movie based off Firefly and also happens to be one of the best movies ever made. Same cast as the show and they did an amazing job. I loved the villain he played. Very smart and poetic, and creepy in a calm relaxed way.

Nicolas Cage/John Travolta - as Castor Troy - in Face/Off
Wow, how can you not love Castor Troy? Both Cage and Travolta did an amazing job keeping Castor the same character.

Takeshi Kitano - as Beat Takeshi - Batoru rowaiaru (english title - Battle Royale)
He's brutal in the movie and 100x worse in the book. Put it this way, he's such an evil villain NO company in America will touch the movie. The only way you'll see it is to download it or import it. Very very brutal.

Takeshi Kitano - as Beat Takeshi - Batoru rowaiaru (english title - Battle Royale)
He's brutal in the movie and 100x worse in the book. Put it this way, he's such an evil villain NO company in America will touch the movie. The only way you'll see it is to download it or import it. Very very brutal.

I must agree. I wouldn't want to see an american version mostly because they will just screw it up. Maybe I will make it. I know I could make one true to the original script. I would probably even try to get him to reprise his role and get mostly asian actors for it... would be tough. Otherwise you have to change story. Which could work... Im thinking out loud now so Im gonna stop.

Czi

(No particular order)

John Travolta- Gabriel Shear- Swordfish
Man that guy was awesome. So incredibly manipulative and crazy, employed several ninja mind manipulation techniques, well... he was awesome.

Jarlaxle
From R.A. Salvatore's stuff. Now Jarlaxle is the slyest, craziest, most manipulative villain ever. He also blinded magic-users on several ocasions when they tried to cast Detect Magic on him. He's got a portable hole, bag of holding, hat plume that turns into a big bird, eyepatch that protects against psionics, necklace that absorbs magic, daggers that elongate into swords, and more. He's also a master swashbuckler.

King Ghidorah
Three headed dragon. And he took on Godzilla. 'Nuff said.

Sephiroth
He's got a >6' katana, and he can wield it with one hand. He's also got a very interesting storyline.

The Guy From Indiana Jones That Went "Kali Ma! Kali Ma! Kali ma!" And Ripped Peoples Hearts Out
He ripped peoples' hearts out and lowered them into lava for fun!

The best villains..or maybe not villains at all is the answer to this question :

"Who are the Patriots?"

On the same theme the woman in MGS: Snake Eater , who's name has slipped my mine, was probably my most memorible villans I've seen in a long time. Well except her name of course hehe.

Back