Fearless

A week or two ago, I went ice skating with my friends, and turns out probably the only Borders store in my state was in the same mall, so I got the 2nd Fearless book, loved that one too!

Yeah, I'm a guy. I'm midway through #10 now. Its a very well crafted story that plays out much like a WB teen show combined with Alias. Its excellent.

A few predictions, don't tell me if I am right:

1) One day, Ed will strangely regain use of his legs.
2) Gaia has sybling(s).
3) Katia is dead. She better not be alive or KGB or refer to herself as a man.
4) Heather will become more important.

Other than that, all I have to say is that Gaia needs to find her Christmas present already!!!

ReaperMason said:
Yeah, I'm a guy. I'm midway through #10 now. Its a very well crafted story that plays out much like a WB teen show combined with Alias. Its excellent.

A few predictions, don't tell me if I am right:

1) One day, Ed will strangely regain use of his legs.
2) Gaia has sybling(s).
3) Katia is dead. She better not be alive or KGB or refer to herself as a man.
4) Heather will become more important.

Other than that, all I have to say is that Gaia needs to find her Christmas present already!!!
3 are definite yeses, one is still kinda unsure of at this time because anything can happen :lol: (y) and don't worry, by the time you get to #12, everything starts to change. it's one major turning point, then #19/20, and finally around #28/29 is another turning point. not to worry, i think you'll love the plot twists. i'm glad there is a guy that i can talk to about these. no other guys read them that i know of besides you and timmy -_-

Just finished #10. I take a while to read them, about 1 a week tops.

My point of view on a lot of characters:

GAIA: Personally, I can't relate to a lot of things. Interesting how her POV is actually a lot like other characters in the book.

ED: I like Ed, but he gets on my nerves at times.

SAM: I feel bad for Sam, really. I mean, he's done all these jerk things but only because of utter confusion.

ELLA: Wow. I really like this character. I mean she's so torn.

What really bothers me is sometimes Gaia is just plain stupid. A lot of times. Especially with the whole Ella scene at the beginning of Book 11.

eeep! new fearless book is out! one problem: the bdalton bookstores are going out of business and the waldenbooks takes forever to get stuff in. so now i have to drive a half hour to the borders :madfire:

I finished reading Terror yesterday, and it sucked. There was hardly any point to it. I hope that Gaia gets her fearlessness back. -_-

spoilers from fearless forever:

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->Ok, so the book starts with Gaia's POV, as usual. She wonders how her life will change now that she's no longer fearless. She wonders whether she's made the right choice. Basic stuff.

Then it's Gaia walking to St. Vincent's hospital to visit Ed. To stop her from feeling too scared, she makes sure her eyes are fixed on the ground when she's walking. She starts getting paranoid about people following her, because she sees a man in a blue jacket several times. She starts running. Then Oliver grabs her from behind. She starts yelling, but Oliver calms her down, and says what a "coincidence" it is to meet her here. He's wearing a blue jacket. Gaia is suspicious. Oliver tries to go somewhere more "private" to talk but Gaia refuses. They argue. Oliver tells her she's in danger, and drops hints that he's been following her/had her followed. He asks her to leave NY with him. She says no, and runs. Oliver tries to follow her but realizes that there's so point. Gaia decides not to go to St Vincent's after all.

Gaia is running towards CRH, her new home. She can't find her keys, and a man stops her. She starts getting scared, and gives the man a dollar to make him leave her alone. She gets in, thinks about Ed a little... Then she gets lonely so phones Jake. She leaves him a message, he calls back. They talk and flirt a little. Then Gaia sees a cockroach and screams. Jake asks her whats' the matter, she tells him, he's confused. They hang up. Gaia is embarrased, but she's still scared about the cockroach. Someone knocks on the door. It's Zan. Gaia pretends to be asleep and Zan leaves.

Then we read a letter from Oliver to Gaia, basically saying that she's in danger and how, just because she's fearless, she shouldn't believe she's invincible.

Gaia is in the school corridor, wearing FOH worthy clothes. She wants to socialize more, and the only people she can think about are the FOH's. She starts talking to the FOH's. They compliment her, and all that. Some girl called Francesca turns up. The FOH's insult her, and Francesca calls all the them -including Gaia- petty, jealous b****es. The FOH's start telling Gaia that she should beat her up. Gaia is shocked, but she agrees because she doesn't want to be alone.

Jake sees Gaia with the FOH's and is surprised. He taps her on the shoulder and she jumps. He laughs, and they flirt. The FOH's stare. They all talk a little, the Jake and Gaia leave. Jake asks Gaia where she was yesterday because he called. Gaia says she wasn't feeling well because of "girl stuff" and she turned the phone off. Jake is surprised, and teases her. They flirt a bit more. Then Jake asks Gaia is OK, that he's noticed some weird behaviour. Gaia says she's fine, then asks him out so that they can "finish their conversation". Jake is shocked because she looks so insecure, but he says yes. They make plans.

Gaia is in the school corridor after school, feeling nervous, and looking for the FOH's. Liz is there, and asks her if she wants to go to a exclusive party her dad is throwing. Gaia is hesitant, and makes an few excuses, but she says yes eventually.

Then it's Gaia's POV again. She describes being scared of a dog, being too scared to open the door to the delivery man, and too scared to open Oliver's letter. The she says she suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. Huh.

Gaia's reading a book when she remembers her plans with Jake. She gets up and starts looking through her wardrobe in search of something to wear.

The FOH's are having coffee together. They talk about the normal shallow things, then Megan steers the conversation towards Gaia, and they agree that Gaia gets a "trial membership" in "their group" because of her "guy-getting ability". We find out that Melanie is after Jake.

Gaia's having a bath . She shaves her armpits, half-shaves her legs, but cuts herself. Then Jake calls, and says she going to pick her up in 5 mins. Gaia tells him she'll meet him in teh restaurant in 15 mins instead. Jake agrees. They hang up.

Jake is at the restaurant, getting more and more pissed because Gaia's late. She thinks about so weird Gaia has been acting. A woman hits on him, but all he can think about is Gaia. He has an argument with a waiter.

Then there's an email memo from "Rizq14176" to "Runner 16" saying that they need a hair sample from Gaia. To get it, they should pretend to be muggers and attack her. "Runner 16" agrees.

Gaia has finally arrived at the restaurant. Gaia and Jake are sitting down, talking. They start having the "relationship" talk. A waitress interrupts them, but they start again. Gaia tells Jake she's ready for them to be official. Jake teases her. Gaia tells him he has "good kissing lips and a nice deep voice", and that he "sexy, smart and an above-average martial artist". ( She also thinks that he has "respectable abs and a shapely ass", but doesn't say it,  !)

Gaia and Jake are walking along, sharing a ice-cream. They talk, flirt, act like a real couple. Then a guy attacks them. Gaia is really scared, but Jake is fighting off the guy that has attacked him. The guy that had attacked Gaia grabs at her hair and rips some off. Gaia sees him reach into his coat and thinks he might have a gun, so she runs. Jake fights off both guys and he's really worried about Gaia, because she's gone. The guys eventually run off saying that they "got what they came for" and tries to look for Gaia. He finds her hiding in the bushes. He asks her is she's injured and she says no. He's really confused. She says she thought the guy had a gun so she ran. Jake asks her whats she thought he was going to do in he had had a gun. Gaia apologizes. Jake is angry but he accepts the apology, and says he's just glad she's not hurt.

Then there's another memo from "Runner 16" saying that the mission was succesful, but that both he and Runner14 were injured.

Gaia is having coffee with the FOH's and Liz Rodke. Megan asks about the party Mr. Rodke is throwing, and Liz lies and says that she's not even sure if she's going, so she can't get the FOH's invites. Megan asks what use Liz is to them if she can't even get them in to the hot parties. She pretends that it's a joke, but it obviously wasn't. Then Liz leaves. Then Megan and the other FOH's (except Melanie) go outside to smoke. Melanie says she has something to say to Gaia, and tells her that Jake has been flirting with loads of girls, and has given his number to a junior with blond hair that can't be named. Gaia isn't sure what to say, so she thanks Melanie and leaves. Gaia is being really insecure, and wonders if she's just one of "Jake's many woman hangers-on".

Jake is walking in the street. He sees a black cat. (Bad Omen!) Then Oliver stops him. Jake remembers what Gaia said about him, but decides to trust him anyway. Oliver tells Jake that Gaia is in danger. A group of operatives are after her. Jake thinks about the attack and realizes that it didn't actually feel like a random attack. Jake asks Oliver why he isn't telling Gaia this instead. Oliver says that he's tried, but that she wouldn't listen. He tells Jake that he's so worried that he thinks Gaia should "stay inside as much as possible", "ride in cabs, with a cell phone and be wary of drivers". If she walks, it should only be when she's accompanied by people like Jake. He tells Jake that there's been "an entire complex of street soldiers set up strictly to track Gaia"... Basically he really scares Jake.

Liz is taking Gaia shopping, for the dress that Gaia will wear to the Rodkes party. They look for a black dress. They ask for the help of one if the sales waifs, whose first comment to Gaia is "You don't even know how sexy you are". Gaia tries on one "vintage Veronique Branquinho". It makes her look amazing, so she buys it.

When Gaia gets home, Jake has left her a message, saying he's worried about her. He rings again, and says he wants to see her right away. They argue a bit about where to meet, because Jake wants somewhere really close to her so she doesn't have to travel far. They eventually agree to meet at Katz's.

Jake is waiting at Katz's for Gaia. She arrives, 5 minutes late, and kisses him. Jake tells her he's really worried about her. She says they should order, then sit down and talk. They sit down in the "When Harry met Sally table". (The orgasm scene... ) Then Jake tells Gaia he ran into her uncle.

Gaia starts feeling sick. She doesn't trust Oliver. Jake starts telling her everything Oliver told him, but Gaia laughs. Jake says "When you have people looking out for your safety, you should be psyched and try to accommadate them." Gaia answers "Right. Assuming that they are in fact looking out for my safety." They argue, and Gaia admits that she doesn't trust Oliver. Then Gaia makes a comment about not being able to trust anyone, and Jake asks if that applies to him too. She doesn't answer, and they argue even more. Then Gaia mentions what Melanie told her and Jake says he "doesn't have to deal with this" and leaves.

Then we finally (!!) get Jake's POV. He's confused and lists the pros and cons of going out with Gaia. He mentions her "secret cowardly side", and weird it is that she can "turn courage on and off."

Gaia is sitting on a park bench, crying. A man stops her and asks her if she's OK. She says she's fine. He reminds her of Ed, and she suddenly wants to see him.

Gaia walks into Ed's hospital room and... sees Kai bent over Ed. She mumbles an apology and leaves, but Kai catches her up, and says that her and Ed are only friends now, and she was just leaving anyway, so Gaia can go in. Gaia thanks her, and walks into Ed's hospital room (again) and her and Ed start talking. Ed notices how un-Gaia she's acting, and wonders if it has something to do with what she talked to him about before he was attacked. Gaia has brought Ed a candy dispensers, as a joke gift. They talk about candy dispensers. ( ). Eventually Ed tries to talk about what Gaia has find out about the guys that threatened Heather but she avoids his questions and leaves.

Ok, Gaia's POV again! She talks about trying to overcome her fears, and how she thinks she should do that. She calls it "fearful fearlessness"  

Someone knocks on Gaia's door. She's scared, but she tried not to be, and opens the door. It's Suko, who "wants to talk". They talk a little, and Gaia tells her a little about what's happening in her life. Suko leaves.

Gaia is watching "Cape Fear" alone. She's really really scared. She can't bear to watch the rest of the film. So she turns it off. Then she's scared of the dark. Eventually, she decides to call Jake. Jake is really cold to her on the phone, but he agrees that Gaia can come over his house to watch Cape Fear. Gaia and Jake talk, and Gaia apologizes a lot. Then they start watching Cape Fear. Jake isn't scared at all, and is really shocked when Gaia turns it off because she can't watch anymore, she's too scared. He teases her a bit, then Gaia tells him to shut up and they start kissing.

Then there's another memo from "Rizq14176" to "Runner 16" saying that "the hair sample was insufficient". They're going to have to do it again.

Gaia is getting ready for the Rodkes party. She says that G-Strings are disgusting.(That part cracks me up  ) Liz is jealous, because Gaia looks so gorgeous. They go hunting in Liz's mother's closet for shoes, then they take a limo to the party. There, everyone is taking photos. Some photographers ask Liz who "her friend" is. They pose for cameras. Then Liz notices that Megan and Laura are watching them. Liz just laughs, and they go in. They see Robert de Niro, and a few other celebrities there. Then they get some wine glasses, and start dancing. Then Liz introduces Gaia to her older brother Skylar. They talk a little. Then Gaia notices the guy that had attacked her in the park watching her. She freaks, and makes a whole load of excuses to leave.

Gaia is in a cab, going home. She tells the cabdriver to stop... but he doesn't. Then she notices some guys following the cab. She starts freaking out. The cabdriver evntually stops, but the door is locked. He unlocks it, and she starts running. A load of guys attack her and she's pinned down. She screams, and is pretty much helpless. Then she hears a shot, and it turns out to be Oliver who's saved her. She faints.

Almost the end! We read an email from Megan to the rest of the FOH's saying that Liz and Gaia lied, and they should start "planning revenge."

AND THAT'S IT!!! Whoa, that was long.
<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

Back