February 14th - Valentines Day

garnergarnish said:
I look forward to good ol' California. i've never been and i'm gonna get to go to Sacramento, Grass Valley, a nice old mountain town and San Francisco, so it'll be great. 5 DAYS!!!!!!!! :woot:  :woot:  :woot:
[post="1207205"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

W00T!!! It will be absolutely amazing. I can't wait. :woot:

garnergarnish said:
No haven't packed yet.Well actually, i went shopping today for new clothes and did buy some very nice undies. :P
[post="1207231"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

YAY!!! I can't wait for the very nice undies. :naughty:

This is a song about Valentine's Day by Jewel... I kinda agree :smiley:

Valentine's Day, wish I had a sweetheart
It's Valentine's Day, didn't even get a stinkin' card
It's Valentine's Day I just have to say I f***ING hate Valentine's Day.

It's Valentine's Day and I didn't get no chocolate
It's Valentine's Day if I had a heart I'd hock it
It's Valentine's Day all I have to say is I f***ING hate Valentine's Day.

It's Valentine's Day and I hope it finds you healthy
It's Valentine's Day, I'm glad your stinkin' girlfriend's wealthy
It's Valentine's Day I just love to say I f***ING hate Valentine's Day.

Reuters | Press Association | AFP | Photos

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday February 13, 01:56 AM

Indian hardliners vow to disrupt Valentine's Day

BHOPAL, India (Reuters) - Hardline Hindus have vowed to disrupt Saint Valentine's Day celebrations in India's central state of Madhya Pradesh, saying the Western love festival was a violation of India's traditional culture.

"We will oppose it tooth and nail because the concept of Valentine's Day celebrations has come from the West and through it an attempt is being made to spoil Indian culture," said Devendra Rawat, a member of the Bajrang Dal, on Saturday.

"Our teams will visit all hotels and restaurants and stop Valentine's Day celebrations. The teams will also visit parks frequented by boys and girls."

The Bajrang Dal said it had set up 16 teams of 25 activists each who would ensure that couples would not be able to celebrate the day in public in the state capital, Bhopal.

Hardline groups have in the past made a bonfire of Valentine's Day cards and smashed shop windows to protest against what they describe as "cultural corruption" but that has not dampened the enthusiasm of youngsters who throng stores to buy Saint Valentine's Day gifts and cards.

Such groups have in the past stopped the screening of a controversial film about a love affair between two women and also stopped a film on the plight of widows forced into prostitution, saying they denigrated India's ancient traditions.

For Heaven's sake! If people in India want to celebrate, let them celebrate! And, if they want to make a film about a serious social issue (the terrible treatment of widows), they should be allowed to, rather than having it brushed under the carpet. :angry: :angry:

Sorry, but I have just returned from two and a half months in India, and the repression there in all aspects of life is scary.

Sorry to put a dampener on things, but I just found this article.

Anyway, I never think much of Valentine's Day. Often I even forget it exists!!

well everyone, my valentine's week is gonna suck majorly. My mother has stolen and hidden both my passport and my birth certificate, meaning there is NO way i can get to California to see Kat. (n) I cannot believe she would do this to me. kat doesn't even know yet and how the f*** am i supposed to tell her. She's gonna be so distraught as am i. i thought that i'd be able to get an emergency passport, but i need my birth certificate and i think my mum has got both of them. she is mean and evil and as soon as i move out i'm not talking to her again. :angry: I mean how can she do this, it's not like i'm a child. i've been an adult for a pretty long f***ing time. :angry: it's just all so depressing. (n) we've got each other white gold diamond rings and now it's gonna be a while before i can give it to her. It's just so frickin unfair. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

oh s*** hun! :hug: that is terrible...ok ransack the house! find them! she has to have put them somewhere and you are going to find them!
turn everything upside down if you have too!

Can you believe her? Do you know she had the cheek to tell me that she had burnt them until i said there was absolutely no eveidence. i can't really ransack the house cos she's there. i'm hoping that she' gonna go to work tomorrow. but if i find them and take them she'll probably throw my stuff out before i get back. it's just not fair. why am i not allowed to be happy. :( Why isn't she just happy that her daughter is in love and has found someone who loves her as much. parents suck. well Katherine's don't. they're welcoming me with open arms and are even buying me special food. ^_^ and now i won't even get to meet them for weeks. :angry: sorry i'm rambling.

Back