Felicity

Existentialist

Entertainment Moderator
Title: Felicity

Genre: Drama

First aired: 1998-09-29

Creator: J.J. Abrams, Matt Reeves

Cast: Keri Russell, Scott Foley, Scott Speedman, Tangi Miller, Greg Grunberg, Ian Gomez, Amanda Foreman

Overview: Felicity Porter, a sensitive and intelligent girl from the San Francisco Bay Area, decides to give up a slot at Stanford University's pre-med program to follow her long time crush to college in New York City. Things get even more complicated when she meets her dorm's resident advisor and they fall in love.
Felicity

I miss this show soo much! I used to be obsessed with it... last year at college, a bunch of us would get together on Wednesday nights and watch Dawson's Creek and Felicity. I'm glad now that I have Alias to transfer my obsession to, but I miss the whole "Ben or Noel?" debate. I was a Felicity/Noel shipper, up until pretty much the last episode. Then I came to terms. What about everyone else?

Yeah, I was a Felicity/Noel shipper too until the very end. But when Hannah (Jennifer Garner) came back towards the end of the season and tried to steal Noel from Felicity, I actually wanted her to get him! I just thought it was so cute to see Jennifer and Scott doing those scenes together, considering they were married at the time. And did you notice the subtle little Alias jokes they threw in, like Felicity remarking that Hannah was in "really amazing shape" and Hannah saying that she "was engaged, but it didn't work out". I thought that was very cool of J.J. Abrams!

But yeah, I miss the show too. I've been watching some of the reruns on WE in the evenings. I'd forgotten how great it was. And as weird as the time-travel thing was, it was a great way to bring the show full circle. I was really happy with the way it ended, even though she did end up with that breathy-voiced meathead Ben. :D

But at least now we still have a love triangle, it's just Vaugn/Syd/Will instead of Noel/Felicity/Ben. (Although I think the scales are tipped much more in Vaughn's favor than they ever were in Ben's or Noel's.)

"Living with Felicity is like living with a TV that's always playing Little House on the Prairie, except with more sweaters." -Megan :sideroll:

Azalea said:
Yeah, I was a Felicity/Noel shipper too until the very end. But when Hannah (Jennifer Garner) came back towards the end of the season and tried to steal Noel from Felicity, I actually wanted her to get him! I just thought it was so cute to see Jennifer and Scott doing those scenes together, considering they were married at the time. And did you notice the subtle little Alias jokes they threw in, like Felicity remarking that Hannah was in "really amazing shape" and Hannah saying that she "was engaged, but it didn't work out". I thought that was very cool of J.J. Abrams!

But yeah, I miss the show too. I've been watching some of the reruns on WE in the evenings. I'd forgotten how great it was. And as weird as the time-travel thing was, it was a great way to bring the show full circle. I was really happy with the way it ended, even though she did end up with that breathy-voiced meathead Ben. :D

But at least now we still have a love triangle, it's just Vaugn/Syd/Will instead of Noel/Felicity/Ben. (Although I think the scales are tipped much more in Vaughn's favor than they ever were in Ben's or Noel's.)

"Living with Felicity is like living with a TV that's always playing Little House on the Prairie, except with more sweaters." -Megan :sideroll:
I never watched Felicity, but I think it's really cool to throw that in :D

They are so creative and funny ;)

Now that I'm a huge fan of Alias, I almost want to watch the Felicity reruns - but WE stands for Women's Entertainment :confused:

Now that I'm a huge fan of Alias, I almost want to watch the Felicity reruns - but WE stands for Women's Entertainment  

Yes, and we have secret monitors who will hunt you down if you try to watch it, you...MAN!! LOL! Just kidding.

But I think the episode from last season with Jennifer Garner in it airs on January 23, and it's on at 6:00 in the evening. You might as well catch that one, she's great as Hannah. And she gets a make-out scene with her husband!

I liked it at first but slowly lost interest (but Noelle/Felicity was definitely the couple I always rooted for) had they ever gotten together I probably would've started watching again

I had taped the series finale... and in a sentimental mood on Sunday, watched all 2 hours of it. :D I sat and sighed and laughed and thought, "wow, I'm a dork!" But that's okay. And then I watched my Alias tape with the Getaway on it. :D
I totally didn't catch any of those Alias references in the episodes with Jennifer Garner. Probably because I didn't watch Alias at the time and didn't know what I was missing out on. But that's funny. :lol:
It's weird, I was all for Felicity and Noel... yet I liked Hannah.

I was as obessed with felicity almost as I am NOW with alias.
I loved felicity and noel. It was so sweet.
I loved Felicity and I still watch the re runs on WE everynight at 6.

OMG! I must say I loved and love Felicity. SHAWN! He was so hysterical. So many times he had me in tears of laughter.

I love the scene where Ben throws the can at noel and he misses and it knocks him right on the head. LMAO so funny.
Then the time Shawn got out all his "spy gear" So Bwn and Felcity could sneal into the guys dorm! LMAO I thought of alias right away. It was a great show :smiley:

I didn't really watch that much of Felicity when it first aired. But I now watch the re-runs on WE almost religiously!! I love the show. I wish Felicity had chosen Noel. That's who I would have chosen!! :P
-Karie-

ok i went to go talk to my sis in her room and she was watching our dvd of felicity and i walked by and there was jenn playing hannah!!i freaked and sat down and watched it! it felt like alias almost because of jenn, than weiss and now amanda!!i loved felicity and we owe all of alias to this show becase without it no alias, bc jj thought of alias while coming up with plots for felicity and he found jenn through felicity!!my sister told me to leave becuase she knew that i was going to act like that and thats why she didnt tell me she was watching it!

LoL! Every time I watch Felicity now, I'm like "look it's Weiss!" Which is kind of funny 'cause I first saw Greg Grunberg on Felicity as Sean. And then I'm like "hey, that song was on Alias too!" No one can watch Felicity with me anymore... :angelic:

Doesn't the season 2 DVD come out soon? I still need the first season dvd. My birthday is coming up though... :D

I loved Felicity! :lol: Yeah whenever they referred to Alias I was like yeah! and I also first saw Greg Grunberg as Sean! yesterday i saw the ep in season 1 where Felicity sleeps with that dude, Eli and Noel starts making out with Hannah but stops himself, and then today's ep Noel and Felicity broke up.

I never watched it to be honest. They showed it here on a channel but no one to be honest, really watched it! I wish I did though cos from what I read people seemed to love it! I'm pretty good on US shows that aren't shown here, so I know Keri Russel was in it, and they speculated that when she cut off her famous curly locks, they viewing figures went down, LMAO! :D

Lately I've been having those "I miss Felicity" pangs again. Man, I was like in love with this show. Especially now that I'm in college. Some of the writing was just... wow.

Random note about the episodes showing on WE... apparently WE decided to change the music that was played on the show. So it's different now than it originally was. And season 2 is out on dvd. I still need season 1. :thinking: I need to just like find $1000 on the street, randomly. :rolleyes:

On that note, I'll end this with some great Felicity quotes from season 2...

"The truth is, I can't be with you like this. And the saddest part is that one day you're gonna wake up and you're gonna realize what you missed. And it's going to be too late."- Felicity, breaking up with Ben

"It's now been officially a week since my breakup with Ben. And every once in a while, I get this feeling. That maybe getting over someone you're in love with isn't impossible. Unless, maybe you don't actually get over it. Maybe you just learn to live with it."- Felicity, on her break up with Ben

"I've never seen you like this."- Noel
"How would you feel if you found out I was singing mean songs about you in public?"- Felicity
"I'd pity for the public. You have a horrible singing voice."- Noel

"All right. What would you wish for?"- Felicity
"I can't tell you. Then it won't come true."- Noel
"But you're not the one wishing."- Felicity
"Yeah I am. I'm always wishing, even in non-eyelash moments."- Noel

"Love? The Clinic guarentees that you will never have a broken heart again! Isn't that what you said you wanted?"- Noel
"Yes, but if not feeling heartache means not feeling anything, forget it! I'll take all of love's pain, if it means I might get to feel some of love's happiness!"- Feli

"I don't know who I am anymore. How I got here. I don't know what I'm doing. I don't know why I'm here. I've been in relationships that I don't understand. I hate my haircut. I dropped pre-med like it was some kind of victory. And I can't even remember what it felt like then."- Felicity (I can totally relate to this... except for dropping pre-med and the bad haircut)

"I dated a girl once. Her name was Lola. She was a showgirl."- Javier, to Ben

"I've made a lot of mistakes. But the biggest mistake I ever made was letting you go. What I should have done is realize that being with you made me the luckiest guy on the planet."- Ben to Felicity

Existentialist said:
Random note about the episodes showing on WE... apparently WE decided to change the music that was played on the show. So it's different now than it originally was. And season 2 is out on dvd. I still need season 1.  :thinking: I need to just like find $1000 on the street, randomly.  :rolleyes:
Okay, I know this was posted in September, but I just now noticed it, so what the heck.

This is the reason I stopped watching the show on WE. It just made me SO MAD!! Remember the Thanksgiving episode, from season 1? (The first one Jennifer Garner was in, I think?) Well, at the end, after Hannah sort of "gives" Noel to Felicity, and they're all sitting around the table having Thanksgiving dinner, the song "Bridge Over Troubled Water" by Aretha Franklin is supposed to play. I know JJ Abrams purposely put that song there, because he likes Aretha Franklin (he even used her "You're All I Need to Get By" during Sydney and Vaughn's scene in the park in "Countdown".) That's one of my all-time favorite songs, and I LOVED it in that scene...It's the reason the Thanksgiving episode was one of my favorites.

But when I watched it on WE, they had a completely different song playing over that scene. (It sounded like Amy Jo Johnson, who played Julie.) I don't hate the song or anything, but why in the world would they replace the song that was perfect for that scene?!?! I've never heard of that happening on any show before! Who makes these decisions?!?!

Anyway, that was my rant. It's been bugging me for a long time; I just had to get it out. :lol:

Back