Politics Female President

Should/Will A Woman Be Elected As President?

• Yes, They Should and Will

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, They Should, but No They won't

• No, They Shouldn't

• Unsure - Depends on the candidate

• Total voters
I think that there will eventually be a female president, and it's about time.

Jamison said:
As far as how soon.  That's up in the air.  I side with my political science professor when he said that if Hilary Clinton runs then she'll win.  I tend to agree with that.  Say what you want about the Clintons, but they are very famous, and people love Hilary.  I'd vote for her.
[post="1255124"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I have to agree. I believe that if Hilary runs, she'll win. She was practically the president during the Clinton administration, which ended up doing some pretty good things for the country. So just her role as first lady can help, as well as being a senator. I think I would vote for her too. I'm still not quite sure. But what rocks, is that 2008 is actually the first election I get to vote in (I don't get to vote in 2006 since my birthday is like 3 weeks after the election :hmm:smiley:.

I'd love to see a female President & I reckon at some point it's inevitable.

What would really be a positive step forward for America, though, would be to have a black President. Especially if they were female. Sadly, can't see this one happening anytime soon, though. :(

i'd have to agree. being a woman does not automatically mean you hold certain views.

I know the point was, it would be an issue that previous male presidents had tried and failed to tackle hence the comparison to MT. I'd think if Clinton ran she'd be pretty much in favour of gun control.

noggi16 said:
I know the point was, it would be an issue that previous male presidents had tried and failed to tackle hence the comparison to MT. I'd think if Clinton ran she'd be pretty much in favour of gun control.
[post="1258411"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
That doesn't mean she'd be able to do anything about it that a man could not do.

I don't have a problem with a female running and becoming president. I don't know about Hilary Clinton. I wouldn't vote for her. She is too left for me.

it would be awesome to have a female president in the future... but not hilary clinton. i don't like her views. and why another clinton?? i dont know about you all, but having presidents from the same families... i don't know. is there not anyone else from different families that can do the job?

I'm not saying it'll definitely be Hilary Clinton...I'd love to have any female.

But if she was running I'd vote for her. I agree with her on the issues, and thought Bill did a great job...so why not another Clinton?

...at least for all us liberals out there :lol:

I wonder if we will get a female president first or a minority one. Maybe Condie Rice will get elected and then we'll have both. (Actually I would be kinda scared if that happened.)

ms.katejones said:
I wonder if we will get a female president first or a minority one. Maybe Condie Rice will get elected and then we'll have both. (Actually I would be kinda scared if that happened.)
[post="1259183"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree that would be scary.

But it is definitely possible that we'd be able to kill two birds with one stone.

facade47 said:
YESSS!!!!  Codi, '08  :woot: I'd love to see that!!!  *prints off bumper stickers*

(y)  Go Condi!!!
[post="1259207"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

lol she's repeatedly said she won't run...

I know she has no political experience, but i would totally nominate Oprah for president. She seems like a really good listener and I bet she'd be good at making alliances.

ms.katejones said:
I know she has no political experience, but i would totally nominate Oprah for president. She seems like a really good listener and I bet she'd be good at making alliances.
[post="1260820"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
oh god....

ms.katejones said:

:lol:

this actually came up during our discussion in school.

i think we should have a female prez here in USA but... i dunno when it will happen
but i swear to god if its hillary clinton - im moving to canada

ms.katejones said:
JESUS! that's it! we should elect OPRAH!

Back