Do you like fiction or nonfiction best?

• fiction

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • nonfiction

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • equal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I read fiction. I'll read non-fiction about somethings, pretty much just the Salem Witch Trials, cuz the whole story is fascinating, and psychology, which is kinda weird considering Im14... but I like it.

i read fiction. but i did come across a good nonfiction book this year-- a night to remember. it's about the titanic and it was surprisingly very good.

i read mostly fiction but sometimes i will read some nonfiction, i really like historical fiction which is semi based on real events but mostly i enjoy fiction!

fiction.. when I was little I absolutely loathed non-fiction, and thought it was boring, boring, and boring.

but now I like non-fiction. but fiction is still better. :D

fiction.

i read books to escape. particularly fluffy books. fluffy books are a REALLY nice escape. ^_^

i get enough non-fiction with my textbooks. :rolleyes:

but then again, if the non-fiction is humorous (i.e., kiss my tiara) or feminist (i.e., vagina monologues or manifesta), then i'm interested. :smiley:

overall though, i'd say i read 85% fiction, 15% non-fiction. :smiley:

fiction!!! non fiction gets so boring!!! the only non fiction book i can think of liking, strait off the top of my head is Alias: Declassified.

nance said:
Can anyone tell me one non-fiction that isn't boring?!
Jacquline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis: A Life, and Marilyn Monroe: The Biography, both by Donald Spoto, are two really really good biographies.

and then there's Life is A Movie Starring Me, by Jennifur Brandt, and The Bombshell Manual Of Style, edited by Lauren Stover! and this really groovy Seventeen Cookbook, which was written by the editors of Seventeen sometime during the sixties.

see, there are cool non-fiction books out there. it just takes a while to find them. :D

nance said:
I read fictions ^_^ but if you suggest me a great non-fiction, I'll definitely read it!
Some good non-fiction... I never really liked non-fiction either, until my feminist lit class!

Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl. By Harriet A. Jacobs. Very amazing.

Totto- chan: Little Girl at the Window, by Tetsuko Kuroyanagi... it's adorable and made me cry. She's a famous person in Japan and it's about her adventures at her elementary school, which is a different type of school. She writes in third person, in the innocent way of a child. I wrote a 10+ page analysis on it.

Woman Warrier: Memoirs of a Girlhood among Ghosts, by Maxine Hong Kingston. I've read exerpts out of this, but I really liked what I read!

Memoirs of a Dutiful Daughter, by Simone de Beauvoir. Again, I've only read exerpts, but that's only 'cause it's in my anthology and I can't get my hands on the whole thing. I need to order it online.

A Very Easy Death, by Simone de Beauvoir. It's very short, and about her mother's death. Kinda morbid, but very beautifully written. "All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation." "You do not die from being born, nor from having lived, nor from old age. You die from *something*." "When someone you love dies you pay for the sin of outliving her with a thousand piercing regrets."

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, by Maya Angelou. I liked it, but I know people who didn't.

Coming of Age in Mississippi, by Anne Moody... about a white girl growing up in the south in the 1960s...

Diary of Anais Nin... has a lot of sexual references though. Actually, it's like one big sexual reference. But, it has lines like "I am writing calmly, lucidly while waiting for him to come home, as one waits for the chosen lover, the eternal one."

Back