Figure Skating

i love it.. i've been watchin since 5 and when they have comps and events on tv, i try to watch them.... but i never have skated.... one day i will try it...

I loooove ice skating. I used to be pretty good at it... but I haven't had much time to do it lately. One of my friends coaches in CT. She skated at Nationals in 1998, in the figures catagory (different than figure skating)... she finished 8th, I think. Then they pretty much got rid of figures, so she retired and now coaches.
My favorite is pairs skating... though after the Olympics last year, I'm kinda sick of it. My favorite pairs team is actually the Russians who "unfairly" finished first. The Canadian team was really good... but they made it seem like they were out there just for the gold, that that's all that mattered. And that's not right, in my opinion. I mean, it's good to want to win and all that... but they skated beautifully and they knew it and most everyone else knew it too (including the Russians), so they should have just left it at that and not marred it by seeming "greedy" to the casual observer. Winning isn't everything... I believe it has more to do with personal satisfaction. If they know they did the best, why not just leave it at that?
Okay, I'm done ranting now. ^_^

Oh, yes, that olympics was a big problem. Technically both teams were good, but artistically it was more beautiful watching the russian team. I wasn't in it, so I didn't care who won, but dude did that get to be a nightmare.

COOL! I skate.. :blush: :thinking:

I ahve been skating for 6 years and I just quit last year. I had made it up to the Senior competitive and was currently working on my double axel. I had completed most of my dances and just need a few more. I finsihed my skills. from 7-1 I quit because I was sick and tired of how competitve people are around me. I tried to ignore this one girl and I was nice to her but she was such a witch! so I quit because it wasn't fun anymore. I still have all the music from my solo's for the past six years I did

Titanic
Choclat
Winter
1816..er something like that
Riverdance
Latin

those were the types of songs for my solo's

I love Pairs, Dance and WOman';s Solo though I lvoe to watch Alexi Yagudin perform.

I lvoed Jamie Sale and David Pelltier and I was happy to say I am Canadian. uh I'm glad they got the gold finally they sdeserved it but they have gone proffesional so u won't be seeing them any more.

As for the Russians I respect them and I feel bad but they lack the Charisma and flow that the Canadains did. I feel bad for the Chinese pairs team cuz they have no presentation wahtsoever..

peace out! lol

AG

As for the Russians I respect them and I feel bad but they lack the Charisma and flow that the Canadains did.

See, I have to disagree there. The Canadian pair had the charisma going that night, I admit, people really responded to them, but I think the Russians had more flow, even if they weren't as good technically. Even though they tend to be more aloof, they skate with a grace that leaves me in awe. Plus, Jamie Sale reminds me a little of Nancy Kerrigan, and I never liked her. However David Peltier is quite charming. I think they make wonderful professionals, where they will be able to charm the audiences even more and have more fun.

Ya I see your point. The russians are very very good skaters. and I feel bad because what happened that night was a day off.. like the nerves got to them. But I like Jamie although I like Daid better! lol He's quite funny.

But to have the experience that Jamie and David had when waiting for the scores...To have a almost flawless performance then ahve it taken away in that second. It musta hurt.

K, has anyone been watching Alexi Yagudin's competitor... Yevgeni Plyushchenko.. the other russian with the long blonde hair. OMG! I despise him...like last year he really got himself together and started beating Alexi..but he is so full of himself. Like don't get me wrong he is a pretty good skater.. but he is full of himsefl! lol

AG

here we go again.. because of this.. alot of people don't watch the sport any more.... but change of subject... i'm glad that scott hamilton is back... he is the best..

I wish I could figure skate!! It's so beautiful!! I've been watching it for as long as I can remember!! I've never tried to ice skate, but I'll try one of these days. :redhair:

i watch ice skating on tv sometimes and i think the ice skaters are soooooooooo graceful!!! when i was little i vowed to be an ice skater when i grew up but i don't think i can!~lol~i can skate and everything and do a twirl! it's soooo kewl! but i could never learn how to jump and twirl in the sky ar flip over like Scott Hamilton!~LOL~

aliasbabe48 said:
i watch ice skating on tv sometimes and i think the ice skaters are soooooooooo graceful!!! when i was little i vowed to be an ice skater when i grew up but i don't think i can!~lol~i can skate and everything and do a twirl! it's soooo kewl! but i could never learn how to jump and twirl in the sky ar flip over like Scott Hamilton!~LOL~
that would be cool to do...

Alias_babe2007 said:
I love watching the Women's Figure skating... I love Michelle Kwan :smiley: She won the Nationals tonight, did anyone besides me watch it?
I watched! I love ice skating. Kwan did a really excellent job last night....but I enjoy international skating more :rolleyes:

A hot skater 10 years ago...Sergei Gringov? He passed away.... No idea FoR. But I love Scott Hamilton and his back flips!

As for the artistic impression that can break a tie, it's all due to judge's perceptions. Like how the skater is at manners and charming the judges when they have get togethers to meet and greet each other. That all seems so...wrong sometimes. LIke if you aren't a polite young lady (example Tonya Harding) you might now be as pleasing....

Back