Filming location

chookie

Cadet
Well, i didn't know where else to ask this question:

where are the common places that are used to film alias?

eg. sydney's and francie's old apartment, that wharf that sydney drove her car into the water that has been used many times, or the train station above APO.

any info would be great cause i'm staying at Glendale, LA during december this year and they should still be filming season5 so just wanted to see if i can catch anything or even just visit those places mentioned above and take a picture.

Thanks

The external shot used for Syd and Francie's apartment is located at 1731 N. Sycamore Avenue in Hollywood. The inside was a built set.

And another place that they filmed missions on was this water treatment facility (I can't remember what it's called, but they say it on one of the commentaries). They filmed the lab in Doppleganger (the one that Dixon blew up) and the Geisha house in Counteragent (they used the Chinese garden that's located on the grounds).

chookie said:
Well, i didn't know where else to ask this question:

eg. sydney's and francie's old apartment, that wharf that sydney drove her car into the water that has been used many times, or the train station above APO.

any info would be great cause i'm staying at Glendale, LA during december this year and they should still be filming season5 so just wanted to see if i can catch anything or even just visit those places mentioned above and take a picture.

Thanks
[post="1395537"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

For past locations - watch the bonus from one of the Season DVD's called Burbank to Bangkok. It will help explain how they look for locations. A lot of the filming is done on the Disney lot.

...or the train station above APO.

I think the train station above APO is just Union Station in Los Angeles (that's what IMDB seems to be telling me...) - they also use it in '24' a couple of times. I'm going to be in LA for a bit in January (coming all the way from Australia!) as well so would love to catch them filming - but it looks like Jen will be on maternity leave from December or so. Bugger!

I don't think anyone said this before but they've filmed a couple of times at the Griffith Park Observatory. It was a place where Vaugh and Syd met several times before the fall of SD-6. Also, the time when she almost runs Sark off the road in Season 2 is on the way to that Observatory.

They also filled in Union Station. It's the scene where Will has been kidnapped and Vaugh was looking for Sydney and couldn't find her. It's right before they go to Taipei at the end of Season 1.

Additionally, I think the resturant that Dixon's wife is killed in front of is the Old Spaghetti Factory on Sunset Blvd. It's about two blocks down from Sunset and Ivar. But don't hold me to that one -- it's only my guess from how it looks on the outside.

Plus, there was one more that I totally forgot. Oh -- the building from The Telling is 1100 Wilshire Blvd or something like that. It's the one Irina jumps from the roof of.

Another way to find more places to look is to watch the Bonus feature on the last disk of Season 2. The feature called "Making of the Telling" or something like that takes you to every place they filmed at. It's pretty cool!

Hope this helps

Hey,

A really good one is the Pickwick Ice Centre in Burbank, I am actually from the UK but visited LA at the end of September and did the Alias spots!!! It was great. The Ice Centre is the best it is 1001 Riverside Drive. This is obviously where syd and Vaughn do all the skating scenes and was actually used in last weeks episode with Sloane when he met up with that woman, while she was watching her daughter skate!

Sat in there for about half hour, and even the goal that they use is there!

The studios themselves are pretty cool as well. You can see the Alias sign from the road. Its just round the corner from the Ice Centre.

Hope that helps, and have fun, and if you are right about the Spaghetti restaurant, that is so cool, as I stayed at the metropolitan a few doors away on Sunset!!!

Will def. be visiting again. Was the best week of my life! (Incl going to Jay Leno when she leaked she was having a girl! Yep I was there, three rows back!!!)

Anyway, wont boast, but its pretty amazing when you're thousands of miles away!

Have fun!

Teresa

I was going to write the thing about the ice skating rink but I couldn't remember what the name of it was!

That is so cool you were there at the Jay Leno show! That must have been awesome!

Back