Final Fantasy 12

frostydf2

Cadet
I picked up this game two days ago, and I've been addicted ever since. This game has an amazing battle system, and brings back a lot of the older novalties of the previous Final Fantasy games.

I'd encourage everyone to pick it up if they already havn't. If you like RPG's, this one is amazing.

Though I haven't played it myself, I've watched a friend dig into it for an hour or so. I was really impressed with what I saw. I was fond of the vast customization system of 10 and really liked that they did something similar in 12. The battle system seems to have lots of options, but they are really just options. You can choose how involved you want to be.

Looks nice and plays like a simple MMO with graphics no MMO can really touch, plus the story has been holding up for what I've played of it. A lot of the FF's lately everyone seems to like, really really over react to the characters and story. Now finally there's some depth to the world we're playing in and the characters.
I was expecting it to get panned by traditionalists. LoL

Oh and finally ; NO MORE GOD **** RANDOM MOTHER ******* BATTLES! Yet there's some touchy EQ 1 like aggro issues.

Yeah, as luciro said, there's no more random encounters, you see all the monsters before you encounter them... My other half has been playing this game almost non-stop for the past 3 days.

I'm not going to give any spoilers, but to give a rough estimate of where I'm at, I'm about to venture into some tomb, and my guys are level 17,16,15,14,13,10. I'm trying to get them all to 15 before I venture in though.

I've been partying way too hard lately, and I work as much as possible too. Inbetween those two things, sleeping, eating, and working out, I find it hard to dedicate a few hours a day to FF12 I need to catch up though. I also need to move back to warm Phoenix too! It's cold here.

frostydf2 said:
I've been partying way too hard lately, and I work as much as possible too. Inbetween those two things, sleeping, eating, and working out, I find it hard to dedicate a few hours a day to FF12 I need to catch up though. I also need to move back to warm Phoenix too! It's cold here.

Move back? Would you make up your mind?! *chuckle*

You sound like my girlfriend... she's at college without a PS2... it's back home, and her sisters are no doubt playing FF12 while she can't!!!

......Vague spoiler alert......

Hope you didn't try to fight the optional boss in there with chars at that lvl frosty. I had my primary group at 21 and still had a hard time with it.

I've never played a single FF game other than the early ones on the SNES. I lost interest after the 8th remake.

EDIT: Daax, go pick up a Emu, silly. That's how all the real gamers roll.

Yea I did, and somehow I lived through everything, without quickenings becuase I havn't learend how to use them until now! Don't ask how I did it, but I did.

thebiv said:
......Vague spoiler alert......

Hope you didn't try to fight the optional boss in there with chars at that lvl frosty. I had my primary group at 21 and still had a hard time with it.

I've not gotten in far yet but I like it. Graphics are, as usual, lovely. Not sure how I like the new combat yet. Dain is loving the game. Kids don't find it interesting (too much reading probably).

Yeah! This is a really good game! I also have it! Looks like we get to hunt some monsters for rewards on this one!

first off, Seeria: There's very little reading in FFXII. Why, in my day, none of the dialog was spoken! Granted, that was only a few years ago, but still... Kids these days... Anyway, yeah, I lost interest in this game pretty quickly. Nothing's been holding my interest lately...

Back