Final Fantasy XIII Sequel

MY GOD...WHEN WILL THIS FRANCHISE END?!...Why do they add the word Final when we all know it should be called infinity fantasy. lol

the problem is that this series is the past and fails to reinvent itself (well) like Super Mario, Zelda, or basically any Nintendo game. I can even say that i am ready for some new IPs such as Bulletstorm. I am sick of Halo, COD, and GoW i want something new.

This can be looked at in one of two ways.

Way #1: The creators didnt think they put enough hard work into the first and had to cut some stuff out.

Way #2: They just want more money and say hey americans and canadans are stupid lets make another verson of this game and call it the sequil.

Personally, I think Final Fantasy XIII was a simplified version of the FF series... it tried to appeal to a more "casual" audience with it's "Run through the corridors full of monsters until you get to the next plot point area thingy"... and for me it's better for it!

There is nothing that pisses me off more in an RPG than when I'm lost and don't know what to do next!

But this game still was hard for those that don't have much patience for grinding... again like me

so it was okay... and it also didn't make it's original fans happy either with this new approach!

so what you get is a compromise that never quite achieved it's true potential...

That doesn't stop people from liking it, like garcia here, but it does not reach the broader audience that it was going for in the first place.

All I know is I'm not buying the second one mainly because I don't have the patience to finish a Final Fantasy game... except for VII... that one I grinded all the way to the end because I had too much time on my hands...

But I still think that Square Enix has to make up it's mind on weather to make the game more simple or keep the original standard that fans know and love, and not get stuck in the middle!

You can't have it both ways Square Enix, or else you'll just be destroying an awesome franchise that, even though I find it impossible to beat, has captured the hearts of many!

@Garcia

I am not trying to tell you not to like it, I am just saying why I don't.

@cherry

If it was that they were trying to make a better game they wouldn't have released it so soon

@Night Warrior

I also feel as if the games characters were not very iconic. In other words you couldnt relate to them, build a franchise around them, or generally feel any emotions in regards to them.

Just for you guys to know i think final fantasy is a great game. The post i made before was just making a good point.

I only don't play it because i don't like single player games. The only single player games i like is the legend of Zelda games (and if it was multi-player then it would felgercarb on other games).

I'm sorry buuuuuut Zelda is a singleplayer game and it should stay that way just like Fallout, Oblivion, or Assassis Creed (yes, the multiplayer was a mistake). On top if that it would just take away from the point of the game and would have a good chance of ruining the series.

I'm sorry buuuuuut Zelda is a singleplayer game and it should stay that way just like Fallout, Oblivion, or Assassis Creed (yes, the multiplayer was a mistake). On top if that it would just take away from the point of the game and would have a good chance of ruining the series.

The series was ruined when wind waker came out. I just want someone to mod legend of zelda ocarina of time and make that co-op.

Twilight princess had good parts like special moves and the ball and chain (frackin felgercarb up). But felgercarb like being a wolf, the pointless spinner and so on ruined it.

Primary should be single player but should add multi-player. A good example is halo. No one plays the campaign...why do they make it? why not just make multi-player? Its because it brings more to the game.

A true gamer would know this...

Firstly Windwaker is hated not for it's massive step forward in terms of combat in the Zelda series, or it's great story, or it's challenging but fun dungeons, or it's memorable boss battles but for one thing.....art style. An art style I may add that is not that bad. But only a true Zelda fan would get that.

Second Twilight Princess was great. The wolf added a whole new level of puzzle solving to the game and gave the series new life. The top I think made te sand dungeon really fun and I like using it especially in the boss battle.

Now finally about multiplayer in Zelda . Zelda was created with only one player in mind, its story is based on one player, it's dungeons on one player, and more importantly it's boss battles one player. In a world where single player games are not appreciated as much as they should be I am not surprised to see someone wanting mulitiplayer in Zelda but I am disappointed. Imagine what Zelda would be like if while running away from Dungo (second boss in the game) your friend got the final shot on him and all the sudden you don't have that feeling of accomplishment. Or maybe you are in a dungeon and you are sitting there trying to figure out how to complete the room and your friend just looks online and once again there goes your feeling of accomplishment. But above all imagine climbing up Death Mt. With firey rocks coming down striking your character and while you are taking your time your friend rushes ahead of you stealing away that epic moment of survival. Finally imagine Zelda remade so that coop would be possible and what you would see would not be a Zelda game but rather some cheap game made to bring in extra money and not add anything to the series. What I am getting at is that part of Zelda is accomplishing things by yourself and not needing anyones help to do so. You are alone and although you may just be a regular guy from a small village YOU have to figure out how do make a bad situation better and not xxIxxKILLxxG00MB4Zxx.

Back