Final Mission

Sydney rolled over lazily onto her other side before slowly opening her eyes as blinking sleepily as they adjusted to the light. She looked at her alarm clock and opened her eyes widely in shock as she realized it was almost ten thirty.
She leaned back onto her backboard and smiled as she remembered the amazing night before. She reached over and grabbed the phone into her hand and smiled as she snuggled back under her covers. She thought about what he would be doing right now. He was probably in the "coffee room" right now re-filling his mug. He would then procede back to his office where he would sit down next to a huge mountain of paper work and pretend to read them while he was silently thinking about her, glancing at the phone every so often as if it would make it ring. She smiled at the thought.
After a moment of pondering on this idea and reveling in it's ultimate cuteness she dialed the all too fimiliar number and waitied for someone on the other end to pick it up. After four rings a breathless voice picked up saying, "Vaughn here."
She smiled as she heard his deep breaths on the other end. He must have made a run from the "cofee room" when he heard his phone ringing.
"Hey Vaughn. It's me, Sydney." she said silently smiling.
"Hey. 'Morning sleepy head." he said laughing as he kicked his office door shut.
"Morning. How's your coffee?" she asked grinning.
"Huh? Syd, how did you know....?"
She cut him off before he could finish, "First of all you always get coffee around 10:30 and second of all you were out of breathe so I just figured."
"You're so cute." he said mockingly at her wittiness, and attempt at being cute, which he totally knew she didn't have to try at.
"Thanks. So how's everything there?" she asked yawning as she held the phone between her neck and shoulder, throwing her arms back and stretching.
"Just dandy. How's everything there?" he asked laughing.
"Alright. I can think of a few things that would make the situation better."
"Pancakes?" he said chuckling.
"Exactly Vaughn. It's like your reading my mind."
"Are you trying to be sarcastic with me?"
"Of course not."
There was a moment of silence as she smiled, hopping out of bed and making her way toward the kitchen to pour some coffee for herself.
"So, do you still want to come over tonight?"
"You bet, as long as you still want me." he said smiling as he twirled his pen around in his fingers.
"Great. When does Devlin want me in to finish up the paperwork?"
"Today, if possible. The sooner the better."
"Alright, I'll be in about 3. I need to go to the grocery." she said.
She put down the coffee pot after pouring a glass and started heading back towards her bedroom to put on some jeans when she heard the door bell ring.
Vaughn heard the bell ring over the phone and a huge smile spread across his face.
"I wonder who that could be." she said over the phone as she set down her mug and pulled on a jacket over her tank top.
"I wonder." Vaughn said sneakily.
She opened the door to find a UPS guy standing there with a huge boquet of daises and a clipboard. "Sign please." he said smiling as he handed her the clipboard.
She smiled, taking the flowers and walking in (after signing) closing the door behind her. She inhaled the freash scent and smiled.
"Who was it?" Michael asked wanting to know what her reaction had been.
"Michael Vaughn. You are perfect! How did you know my favortie flower?"
"Lucky guess."
"You are so sweet."
He smiled loving that she liked the flowers. He knew he needed to get back to work. He smiled sadly knowing he had to say goodbye.
"Syd, I'm sorry. I need to go. Weiss is starting to give me suspicious looks. Read the card."
"Alright. Thank you. I love you." she said smiling.
"I love you too sweety. See you soon?"
"You bet."
"Bye Syd."
"Bye." she said smiling as she hung up the phone.
She looked down at her flowers once more noticing there was a card tucked safely under a beautifully curled ribbon. She plucked it out flopping onto the couch to read it.
SYDNEY. I KNEW DAISES WERE YOUR FAVORITE. THAT DAY WE MET AT THE FLOWER STAND YOU KEPT PICKING UP THE DAISES AND SMELLING THEM. I NOTICED THEY RELAXED YOU. ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS BUY YOU SOME, BUT I KNEW I COULDN'T. I MADE A PROMISE TO MYSELF THAT ONCE SD-6 WAS GONE I WOULD MAKE SURE YOU NEVER LONGED FOR A DAISY AGAIN. I LOVE YOU MORE THAN I CAN EVER TELL YOU AND I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN. YOURS LOVINGLY, M
PS THE MEANING OF DAISES IS LOYAL LOVE AND PURITY. I WILL LOVE YOU LOYALLY FOR THE REST OF TIME. YOU ARE THE PUREST PERSON I KNOW. THROUGHOUT IT ALL YOU HAVE REMAINED SO. I LOVE YOU.
She smiled, a single tear slipping down her cheek, as she tucked the note in her pocket and stood up to place them in a vase.

Chapter Seven
Sydney walked through the doors of the all too familiar building. The only difference was that this time she was walking through the front doors. She smiled at this thought. Her smile only grew when she spotted Michael. He was standing stiff backed, staring up at something on a bulletin board.
Walking up next to him, she stood there pretending to look at something on the board as well. His gaze finally drifted from the board and over to her face.
"Hey," she smiled, glad he had finally realized her.
"Hi." he said as a grin spread across his face and he lightly brushed his hand against hers.
"What were you looking at?" She was internally fighting the urge she suddenly had to give him a hug.
"Oh, just a list of things I could do now. There is a couple of new job openings. I was thinking about maybe becoming a assistant or something."
"Oh. Well,"
"What?" he asked noticing she was suddenly becoming slightly uncomfortable.
"Oh, nothing."
"Syd, what is it?" he said fighting his own urge to sware. Sydney was usually rather blunt. Why was she holding stuff back?
"Well, you could always handle another agent." she said quickly.
"What the hell, Syd. I'd never have any time to spend with you." he said laughing.
"It was just a suggestion." she said rolling her eyes and laughing.
"Yeah. Okay."
"Oh, Thanks again for the flowers. You're so cute." she said nudging him in the side.
"God, Syd. You sure no how to make a guy feel all manly." he said snorting.
"Ah, my mission in life." she said raising an eyebrow sneakily.
"What are you up to?" he asked curiously.
"You'll just have to wait and see. So, what do you want for dinner tonight?" she asked quickly wanting to change the subject.
"I don't care, but please not macaronni and cheese. I eat it like every night."
"Alright, I was thinking more along the lines of pizza anyway. Do you still want to cook?"
"Not really. Don't get me wrong, I'll be hungry, but if we have to cook a whole meal I don't think we'll ever finish. I've got other things on my mind. Cooking isn't one of them."
"Oh, is there a Kings game on tonight?"
"Yeah, that's what I was thinking." he said smiling as turned his head from the board he was pretnending to read and look her in the eyes, giving her a look of pure amusement.
"Well then, we'll just have to oreder a pizza and watch it."
"Oh my God, Syd."
"What?"
"Devlin is going to have a duck. You better get in there. There are like a million papers."
"Lucky me. I'll call you later."
"No need to. I'll be hanging around here today. I have a bunch of stuff I have to file. I'll check up on you after Devlin leaves." he said giving her a devious grin.
"Oh okay. Just make sure you wait untill after Kendall leaves. I need to finish a few things with him." she said letting out a laugh.
"What was that Agent Bristow?" she heard a voice from across the room. She turned around to see Kendall walking towards them. She smiled knowing he hadn't heard anything. She looked over at Vaughn who was fighting back a fit of chuckles. She elbowed him in the ribs and he let out an "Ow." which was barely a whisper. She had her own small grin that she couldn't wipe off for anything.
"Nothing sir. I was just asking Agent Vaughn if he knew where you or Mr. Devlin were. I was about to come find you and see if it was okay for me to start on the paper work." she said making up a quick lie.
"Yes, of course. The conference room down the hall is availible for you and Agent Vaughn."
"Me sir?"
"Well, yes. You will need to fill out just as many files as Agent Bristow. You are also resigning from the job. Would you like to be reassighned to a new agent?" It was more of a statement than a question.
"No sir. I haven't decised yet, but I don't want to continue to be a handler. I am looking for a job that is slightly less time consuming.
"Oh, well fine. You two better get to work." he said nodding his head and turning around to get back to work.
As soon as he was no longer in hearing range they both let out a round of giggles. "God, I seriosly thought he had heard you." Vaughn said between laughs.
"Yeah, I know."
"God, C'mon. We better get to work." he said noticing that many of the other CIAs were starting to give them looks. He knew that by now they had probably all figured out that Sydney and him were togehter. After all, almost every one of them had at some point told him that he was becoming too emotionally attatched to her.

Chapter Eight
Hours later, Sydney and Vaughn sat in a conference room filling out mountains of paper work. Sydney took a quick glance over at Michael to find that he was staring intently at her. She smiled before smuggly saying, "You know you're never going to finsh that paperwork if you keep staring into space like that."
"Believe me, I am not staring at space." he said rubbing his knee against hers.
She giggled before returning back to her work.
Later that day she finally finished the stack. She had split the stack into two halves. She knew she couldn't finish all of it in one day so she decided if she could just finish half she could come back Monday and finish the other half. She looked over to check up on Vaughn's progress to realize he was nowhere near done.
"You know, for an analyst, you are realy slow at paperwork."
"You're distracting." he said with a shrug.
"Oh Am I?" she said with a giggle.
"Yeah, you are. Stop it."
"I'll try." she said rolling her eyes.
"What do you say we call it a day? I am getting kind of hungry."
"Yeah. Me too." he said putting down his pen and standing up.
"Hey Michael. Do you want to have dinner at your house instead, I mean with the game on and everything? It's just, my house is kind of a mess and I don't know when Will and Francie are comming back."
"Sure. Whatever you want. Is it alright if we just oreder pizza for dinner?"
"Yum!"
"Great." he said smiling widely at her.
"Okay, well I am going to go home and get the food and everything and I'll be over in about an hour."
Michael simply smiled in reply, mentally restraining himself from grabbing her into his arms.
"We better get going. Are you okay?" she asked noticing he was tensing up suddenly.
"Fine." he said letting out a long sigh.
A devilish grin appeared over her face as she leaned into his shoulder, suspending there close to him momentarely before pulling back and looking into his eyes.
"See you soon." she said picking up her coat and walking towards the door. She stopped when he grabbed her hand, pulling her back towards him. He smiled down at her, brushing his lips across her knuckle. "I love you." he said, barely a whisper.
She smiled back replying quietly as possible, "I love you."
She picked up his hand, repeating his gesture with a giggle.
"I'll call you when I get home."
An hour later, Sydney stood in front of her mirror. She was wearing an old knee length, blue jean skirt and tank top. She felt so comfortable and normal. Just another girl getting ready to go to her boyfriend's for dinner.
She smiled at her reflection staring back at her one last time before grabbing her keys and starting for the car.
While she drove over there, she felt unusualy calm. With all her other boyfriends something like this would have been extremely nerve racking. She turned up her radio in time to hear one of her favorite songs by the Dixie Chicks playing. She turned up the music and sang along untill she pulled up into a parking lot. She parked her car, and made her way to his door. She knocked softly and waited for the door to open.
R/R please!! If you want to see anything happen let me know. It will get more and more romantic and stuff as the story goes on. There will also be a lil action around chapter 20. I've written up to chapter fourteen and if you guys and girls review I'll put 'em up. LOL. Like you care. hehe well anyway i gtg get ready for the school dance. hehe. LYLAS/B!!! PM me if ya wanna talk Alias!! I would love to hear from you! Ya'll are awesome! :D ~C~

*Chapter Nine*
(Michael Vaughn's POV)
I'm sitting on the couch, with Donavan, in front of a warm fire. I am surprised at how reletively calm I am. There is, of course, the rush of my heart as the door bell rings and then there is a soft knock.
Jumping up, I walk to the door to answer it. I already know it is her.
I open the door, to see her standing there with a huge smile on her face. She looks absolutley gorgeous, which isn't an irregular thing. It's just, all I have ever seen her in are buisness suits and jogging clothes.
I think she notices my stunned look because she raises her eyebrow at me. "Hey, you okay?"
After a small smile in spite of myself I reply, "Great. You look amazing. Come in."
Random, I know.
"Thanks." she says walking in. "But, I'm just wearing normal clothes."
"Not that you don't always look gorgeous, but all I ever see you in are buisness suits and oh yeah, there was that pink wig."
"You didn't like the pink wig?" she asks with a smile as he looks around the room, taking in her surroundings.
"Of course I did. It was very sexy." I say raising my eyebrows in mock seductivness.
"Yeah, right. Okay. I seriously don't want to know why that turns you on." she says laughing as we both walk towards the kitchen. I had to check on the pizza I was cooking. I hadn't had enough time to oreder one. They take like thre hours to deliver.
"Yum. You're making pizza?"
"Yeah, nothing like a man who cooks, right?" I say with a laugh.
"Oh yes. Gormet frozen pizza."
"Yeah, well I'll have to have you over when I realy get crazy. Sometimes I make frozen Hungry Man meals instead."
"Oh. Don't get too crazy." she adds with a laugh.
"Crazy, me? Never." I say, my voice lowering, as I reach over to tuck a stray strand of her hair behind her ear.
Just then the stupid beeper thing on the stove goes off, and once again, our lives are put on hold. I laugh at the irony before turning around to take the pizza out before it burns.
"C'mon. Give me a tour while it cools off." she says grabbing my hands and smilingas she tows me out of my small kitchen.
Later, we sit on my bed, plates discarded at the end of it; pizza long finished.
She's wrapped in my arms, as I watch the end of the King's game on the t.v.
We are both totaly content. At this moment, I am totally happy.
I jump and scream as our team scores. We are sure to win this game! We're ahead by alot! She smiles at how into the game I get. I love it that she is trying to understand it. Hockey, I mean.
"Sydney, do you know how to play hockey?" I ask turning my head to face hers.
"Well, sort of. I understand what they're doing, sort of."
"I'll have to teach you some time."
"I would like that." she says before screaming.
"What?" I ask raising my eyebrow at her.
"The King's scored!" she says with a smile.
I turn my head to face the t.v. just as they re-play it.
"Yes! We're kicking butt tonight! You're good luck!"
"Good to knonw." she says with a smile as she settles herself back in my embrace, resting her head on my chest.
The game ends and commercials come on.
"Sydney, you're amazing."
"What?" she says giggling as she rolls over a little to look at me in the eyes.
I let my hands sift through her loosley hanging hair which is sprawled across her back and shoulders.
"You're amazing!" I say not being able to think of anything else to say.
"I love you." she says with a smile. Leaning down I softly kiss her, wanting to show her how much she means to me.
We stay like that for a while, living in eachothers embrace. Pulling apart, I add with a grin, "I love you more."
"Michael Vaughn!" she laughs, swatting me on the chest.
Looking over at the clock, I realize it is only about 9.
"Hey Sydney?"
"Yeah?" she says just above a whisper as she cuddles back into my arms.
"Do you want to go for a walk?" I ask wanting to get up and stretch my stiff legs.
"I was just thinking that." she says with a laugh.
"Great. I know the best place." I say as I sit up. "Let's go!"
"Okay." she says with a grin as I give her my hand and pull her up off the bed.
We walk out of the apartment and head towards my car. "Where are we going?" she asks.
"You'll see."
I open her door for her and then run around to get in on my side. "Ready?" I ask with a smile of delight.
"Sure."
She reaches over and turns on the radio.
She smiles as what obviously is a favorite song of hers comes on the radio.
She sings along to the song and realizing the song I sing along. Her eyebrows raise in surprise that I know the song. It's called Traveling Soilder. The song has significance to me. I guess because I always felt like Sydney was a soilder going off to fight, never knowing whether or not she would come back.
When the song ends she turns to me, smiling like a kid in a candy store.
"You're perfect! You know that song!"
"Yeah." I say with a smile as we pull up into a parking lot. Ours is the only car there. I decided to drive a little way to the beach. I had a thing for the beach. I figured it would be romantic too.
"The beach!" she sayd with a questioning smile.
"Yeah. C'mon."
Before we get out we take off our shoes. Smiling I walk around to open her door for her and carry her across the parking lot to the sand.
"Michael!" she says with an excited smile as I scoop her up in my arms.
"I wouldn't want you to cut your feet walking across the pavement." I say smoothly as I carry her across it and place her down on the sand.
"You're my hero." she says reaching over to kiss me on the cheek.
I smile grabbing her hand and we walk along the beach, as the tide rolls in and out.
"This is so great!"
"What?"
"Being allowed to be with you. at 11 at night on the beach."she adds smiling as if this is the most amazing thing in the world.
"Yeah. It realy is."
We walk along the beach for a while talking about everything.
Finally we fall into silence. We must have walked a few miles by now, because our surroundings have become more and more unfamiliar. Not that I mind, but I don't want it to get too late.
"Sydney, is something bothering you?"
"Why do you ask?" she says, as I notice she doesn't look me in the eye but leaves her eyes down.
"Oh, just because you got quiet all of the sudden. You were like a total chatterbox a minute ago. 'Tell me your whole life story Michael.'" I say mimicking her. I smile as I see a grin form across her face. I'm glad.
"C'mon Syd. You can tell me." I say more seriously.
"It's nothing."
"Syd."
"It's just, well........"
"Oh my god! Is something realy wrong? Are you alright?" God, if anyone hurt her.........
"No. no. no. Vaughn, it's okay." she says finally looking up to meet my eyes.
"It's just, well with Fracnie and Will getting married and Will moving in, I don't know what to do. I don't know how to tell them I won't feel comfortable living with them. I know they would never hear of me moving out."
"Sydney, have you talked to Francie about this?"
"No."
"You should."
"I don't need to though. She'll think it sounds proposterous."
"You don't know that."
"Yes, I do Vaughn."
I roll my eyes. Of course she knows that. She knows everything.
"Sydney, talk to your friend. Trust me. You should atleast clue her in on how your feeling."
"Alright. I'll think about it."
"You know, you're always welcome to stay with me."
She looks up at me with a smile. "Really?"
"Yes, of course." I can't believe she likes the idea. That would be a dream come true.
"I'd like that." she states looking me in the eyes and smiling.
As much as I hate saying it, "Talk to your friend first."
She rolls her eyes giving up, "Your so mean." she whines with a smile.
"Yeah, well someone has to be with you."
"Shut up."
"Come on. It's getting late."
"Alright."
As we pull up in her driveway our talking ceases.
"See you tomorrow?" she asks with a smile.
"Of course. I'm taking tomorrow off."
"Do you want to come over for breakfast?"
"Sounds good. What time?"
"I'll call you when I wake up."
"Great." I lean in and kiss her on the cheek.
"I'll have to really cook for you."
"I can't wait."
She leans in again, but this time she kisses me on the lips. The kiss is long and lingering.
Finally we part. I get out and open her door for her and walk her to her house.
"I love you, Syd."
She smiles at me , giving me one last kiss.
"I love you too."
We stand there smiling like fools, neither wanting to leave.
"Want to come in for cofee?" she asks as if reading my mind.
After a second of thinking I answer.
"Sure."
Okay, I'll write more soon.
Thanks for reading and please review.
XOXO.

Back