Find Me

Suddenly, he pinned her against the wall and kissed her roughly. Sydney tried to push him off of her, but couldn’t because of his strength. “Julian,” she whimpered, “please.”

He pushed her onto the bed and climbed on top of her, “I’ve wanted this since I saw you with my uncle,” he whispered against her neck.
Okay so im kinda glad julians a prick but still, OMG!!! :eek:

Ok, so I'm going to be the nicest person in the world today. I'm giving you an update! :D Two days in a row?!?! I'M ON A ROLL!!!

Oh, also, I'm not going to bother sending PMs out until Sunday night because they aren't working for me right now.

Chapter 10

Sydney returned home hours later and entered the house, “Sydney, is that you?” her mother called from the living room.

“Yeah, I’m home,” she said plainly.

“Oh, sweetheart, what happened to your hair?” she asked when she said Sydney’s messy locks.

“It was windy; we were up on the Ferris wheel,” she quickly fibbed. “I’m just going to go upstairs for a while, I’m feeling really tired out.”

“That’s fine, just be ready for dinner soon.”

“Ok.”

Sydney went straight to her room and tore off her clothes and took a shower, trying to scrub the invisible dirt off her skin. After half an hour, she stepped out of the shower into her bedroom. She put on the sweatpants that had given her so much comfort over the past week, but today they didn’t work; they had lost their magic.

Sitting in the centre of her bed, she began to weep silently; her shoulders shaking with each breath she took. Slowly, she picked up the phone and began to dial a number; Michael’s number.

“Hello?” he answered.

“Vaughn?” she whispered as more tears ran down her face.

“Syd? Why are you calling me?”

“I’m sorry,” she cried.

“Why did you say no?” he asked, ignoring her apology.

“I’m sorry,” she cried again, sobbing harder than before.

“I saw you, you know. I saw you today at the pier with that guy! And you said… you told me that you didn’t want that, with anyone! And you made me… God! I’ve never felt this way about anyone before.”

“I’m sorry, Michael,” she said, using his first name which caught his attention; she never called him that, only Vaughn. “I really liked you, I did. I just… I can’t do it anymore, I can’t pretend I’m okay. I’m sorry,” she whispered before whimpering and hanging up the phone, Michael screaming for an explanation on the other end.

Sydney walked back into the bathroom and found some painkillers and her shaving razor. She took it apart after taking a few pills and took a single blade…

Half an hour later Michael stood on the Bristow’s front porch. He had found the address by calling Weiss and begging him to look it up; now he owed him a week of doing his laundry, but that didn’t matter because he knew something was wrong with Sydney. He knocked on the door and a few moments later Laura was at the door looking at him in confusion.

“Can I help you?” she asked.

“Yes, hi. Um… My name is Michael Vaughn, I work with your husband and I was the agent who found Sydney.”

“Oh, yes! Sydney has mentioned you a few times; thank you for bringing her back to us,” she said with a smile.

“It was nothing,” he said quickly, “Look, something’s up with Sydney. She called me less than an hour ago and I could tell that she wasn’t ok, would it be alright if I just went in and talked to her for a while?” he asked.

“Yes, please come in, but if you don’t mind I’ll come with you for a few minutes, just to make sure she’s alright.”

“Of course,” he said.

Laura walked him through the house and up the stairs and they stopped in front of a white wooden door. He knocked on the door but there was no answer, “Syd?” he called out, “Syd, open the door, it’s Michael.”

“Sweetheart,” Laura called, “Please open the door.”

When Sydney didn’t answer, Michael put his ear to the door to listen for a sound but he heard nothing. “Are you sure she’s in there?” he asked.

“I’m sure; I haven’t heard her door close for over an hour.”

“I know that I might be overreacting, but I’m going to pick the lock, if that’s alright with you.”

Laura nodded and watched Michael take out a lock-picking-kit from his jacket pocket, and watched him go to work on the lock. Within a few seconds the lock clicked and Michael opened the door.

Laura screamed when she saw what had happened. Sydney was lying in the centre of the bed with a pool of her blood around her. Her wrists were slashed and her cheeks were stained from her tears.

Michael froze, just looking at her for a minute, before running to her side. The first thing he did was to check for her pulse, which he found, “She’s still alive,” he said to Laura, “I need you to go call 911 while I try to stop the bleeding,” he said. Laura nodded and quickly left the room. “Syd?” he choked out, “Syd, can you hear me?”, he asked and got no response. He tore up the bed sheet below her and started wrapping them around her wrists to stop the bleeding.

Finally, he looked down at her and finally saw how sad and pale she was. How had he not been able to see how broken she was inside? He realized now, that he had been a fool to believe she was alright, after being kidnapped and raped for 5 years she wasn’t supposed to be ok, and she really wasn’t.

“They’re sending an ambulance,” Laura said, causing Michael to drift back into reality. “Do you… do you think she’s going to be ok?”

“I don’t know,” Michael sighed, “She’s not ok right now, not mentally. Even if she recovers fully she’ll need to see a psychiatrist or something.”

Laura nodded distantly, “I need to call Jack,” she said suddenly and left the room.

Sirens filled the air a few moments later and paramedics were led into the house by a still distant Laura. They took Sydney out of Michael’s arms and placed her on the stretcher, careful to keep pressure on her wrists. “We can only take one of you with us,” the paramedics said.

Michael told Laura to go, that he’d follow them in his car, which is exactly what he did. When he reached the hospital, he found Laura sobbing in the waiting room, alone. He sat beside her and stared off into the distance, waiting for news to come.

omg, i can't believe you did that

poor sydney really didn't need that, as if she wasn't bad enough already
i guess it's not a bad thing i want to kill julian for that, right?

thanks for the pm

ETA: i just noticed there was another chapter for me to read

ok, well vaughn wasn't quite sensitive with her
and please let syd be alright

OMG...I can't believe you did that to us....

great chapter. I can't wait to read what happens.

I hope Syd will be ok and Michael kills Julian for doing that to Syd

awww poor syd :*(
maybe if vaughn listened to her on the phone besides yelling at her she wouldn't have done that. can't wait for more!!! :smiley:
i hope shes alright.

Aww poor Syd!!!
-I'm sure Vaughn will be by her side to help her!!!!
Syd better tell him what happened with Julian and then Vaughn better go kick his ass!!!! :woot:
-Great update!! Loved it!!

oh my gosh! i just found this story and what a way to end on at the moment!! wow!! syd the slasher.. ok, that was in bad taste. :smiley:
can i get a PM for this story please????

this is great!

Back