Find Me

Great chapters.. so sweet. Glad Vaughn got rid of Sark now they can be happy together. Sad to see it nearly over, but can't wait for the epilogue.

Thanks for the PM

YA Sark's dead!!!!!! I'm glad Vaughn beat the felgercarb out of him before he actually killed him!!!!! :woot:
-HA and I love how Irina told Jack they would get married....she is soo right!!! (y) :lol:
Great update!! Loved the double chaps!!! Thanks for the pm!!

I'm so glad that Vaughn took care of Sark so that Sydney never has to worry about him.

And the dress was absolutely gorgeous! Sydney and Vaughn would be the handsomest couple at the party.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Well, thanks for sticking around guys! Here's the final update. :cry: I'll miss this fic, but I have new ones planned, so keep an eye out! :D

Epilogue - Part 1

Four Years Later

“Sydney!” Amelia cried out when they entered the home. “You look radiant tonight, my dear.”

“Thank you Amelia, you look beautiful too.”

It had been four years since they had met for the first time, and today was the fourth Vaughn family Christmas ball/gala/event that she had been to. However, this was a different situation all together; this time, she was eight and a half months pregnant. It was a surprise, that they had found out they were having a baby 6 months into their marriage, but a welcome one; especially by Sydney.

When Sydney had first found out about the baby, Michael had been afraid that she would have hurt herself, or she would have become depressed again, but it did the opposite; this was the happiest she had been since they had begun dating. She kept telling Michael that it was their baby, made from their love for each other, and it was special; she loved it already.

Tonight, Sydney was wearing another black dress, with an empire waist silver beading along the straps and under the bust.

“How is my little granddaughter doing tonight?” she asked.

“Kicking up a storm,” she laughed. “I’m afraid she won’t give me a break on Christmas.”

“Michael was the same way.”

“He’s still in denial that it’s a girl. I think he wanted to start up his family hockey team with this one,” Sydney laughed.

“Well, he will be disappointed,” she looked around, “Where is that husband of yours.”

“He’s on his way, just had to finish up in a meeting or something. He promised he’d be here.”

“I’m surprised he let you out of the house on your own,” Bill came up behind Sydney, “He’s been overprotective of you two,” he laughed.

“Yeah,” Sydney sighed, “But it’s understandable.”

“I’m just so happy he quit the field,” Amelia sighed, “That’s no place for a father.”

Bill nodded, “And we know from experience.”

A few weeks after they found out about the baby, after much talking between Michael and Sydney, he had left the field to become an analyst. He didn’t want his child to grow up without a father, so he did what he knew was right; he quit. And today was his last day of work. He was giving his two weeks notice, because he had found a job in a high school teaching French, starting in January when the regular teacher went on maternity leave.

“There you are,” they heard Michael behind them, “Wow,” he gasped when he saw Sydney, “You’re so beautiful tonight.”

Sydney blushed, “I’ll never get used to that,” she sighed before pulling him into a kiss.

“Your parents are here,” Michael said. “I saw them on my way in.”

“Well, that’s good to know.” Sydney suddenly gasped and clutched her belly.

“What’s wrong?” Michael asked.

“Is it the baby?” Bill asked.

“Yeah, just a pain, it was nothing,” Sydney sighed, trying to make everyone more comfortable.

“Are you sure?” Michael asked, concerned.

Sydney nodded and pushed her hair behind her ear, “Yeah, I’m just going to go to the bathroom, I’ve got a bit of a headache.”

“Sure,” Michael said, “I’ll take you.”

“We’ll find you later,” Michael’s parents said.

They walked to the bathroom, and before the opened the door, Sydney whimpered and they heard a small amount of water hitting the floor, “Syd?” Michael gasped.

“felgercarb,” Sydney cursed, “Hospital,” she bit out on another contraction.

“Okay, here’s what we’re going to do. I’m going to get your parents to get a car and we’ll go to the hospital together.”

“Michael it’s too early, I’m not ready,” Sydney cried.

“Syd, everything’s going to be just fine, don’t panic.”

They made their way back to the main room and Sydney sat down in a chair, “I’m going to be right back,” Michael said before running off to find their parents.

Soon, Michael came back with Sydney’s mother and his parents, “Your father’s getting a car,” he said.

“Sweetheart, it’s not too early,” Laura said, “You were born two weeks early and you were perfectly healthy.”

“Really?” Sydney cried before she was hit with another contraction.

“How far apart are they?” Bill asked.

“I don’t know,” Michael said shaking his head. He grasped Sydney’s hand and kissed her palm before bending down and kissing her lips.

Many of the guests began to watch the group with smiles on their faces, “I’m scared Michael,” Sydney cried out again.

“Everything’s going to be fine, it’ll be just fine,” Michael sighed before kissing her again.

Four hours later they welcomed a new person into the world; Layla Aeryn Vaughn. “Let’s have another one,” Michael sighed when he held her for the first time.

Sydney glared at him, “Not right now.”

“Of course not now, I meant in the distant future,” he laughed.

“Good,” she laughed, “because if you want another, you’ll do the work, alright?”

Michael laughed, “You did good, Syd.”

“She’s beautiful, isn’t she?”

“The most beautiful thing in the world.”

“Life is perfect,” Sydney mused before Michael placed Layla in her arms, “We’ve got a new baby girl, a new house, and we’re married. It couldn’t get more perfect.”

“You’re right,” he sighed before kissing her forehead, “Nothing is more perfect than this moment, right now.”

Sydney’s Dress:
NMT0MMB_mp.jpg

NMT0MMB_ap.jpg

Epilogue – Part 2

“Daddy’s home!” 5 year old Layla screamed when she saw the car driving up the street.

“Come here you little rascal,” Sydney cried, running after her with two year old Wesley Jared Vaughn on her hip. “Don’t set one foot on that driveway, missy,” she said sternly as the car was turning into the driveway.

“I know mom,” Layla groaned.

“Good,” Sydney laughed as Wesley tugged at her earlobe, “What are you doing mister?” she asked.

He giggled and stuffed his head into her neck.

“Daddy!” Layla screamed and jumped into her father’s welcome arms, “You’ll never believe what happened at school today!” she cried.

“What happened today?” he asked.

“Mommy came and teached me!”

“Oh, really?” he said, feigning disbelief.

“Yeah! But she’s not teach’ding me tomorrow. Just today, because Mrs. Graham was sick.”

“Oh,” Michael laughed at her words, “That’s too bad.”

“It’s ok. I get to see her everyday, but my class liked her. They said I have a cool mommy.”

“Really?” Sydney laughed, “They thought I was cool?”

Layla nodded and then dropped down to the ground and ran into the backyard. “Well that’s good to know.”

“You’ve always been cool to me,” Michael said before kissing her lightly.

“Yuck,” Wesley groaned in his mother’s arms.

“What are you talking about?” Michael laughed.

“Pway wif Lala?” he said in his little baby voice. They’d been trying to get him to say Layla properly, but this way was much cuter, even if it wasn’t purposely done.

“Sure,” Sydney said as she set him down on the ground. He toddled into the backyard after her.

“I can’t believe how big they are. It feels like we just brought her home yesterday.”

“I know what you mean,” Sydney sighed.

“I love you,” Michael sighed.

“I love you too.”

“I’m so happy we moved here,” he said when they stood on their back porch.

“I fell in love with it four months before we started dating. When you suggested I go away with my mother for a trip, we came here, and I just froze when I saw this house. I saw myself on the grass wrangling up my kids while you were driving into the driveway.”

“You know what’s really scary?”

“No, what?” she asked.

“That’s what has happened. Your dream has come true.”

“You know what? You’re right. You have made all my dreams come true. You found me, you saved me, and you gave me the perfect life.”

“Mommy! Come pway!” Wesley called from the little sandbox that they had put in the yard for him.

“Let’s go,” Michael said as he held her hand, they played with their children, just as they had many times before, and did so many times again.

- Fin –

A/N: The names have meaning… The first letter of each given name starts with the first letter of the grandparents.
L – Laura (Layla)
A – Amelia (Aeryn) – that’s my favourite name of all time (for a girl)
W – William (Wesley)
J – Jack (Jared)

The House:
3bed3bath3.jpg

3bed3bath-backporch.jpg

3bed3bath-backyard1.jpg

3bed3bath-backyard2.jpg

Thanks again for your support and reviews! ^_^ I love you all! :kiss:

Such a cute ending for such a great story. I liked this fic a lot. I can't wait to see what other stories are posted soon. :smiley: An :eek:scar: for thee cutest ending ever!!! Thanks for all the PM's!

-erin :smiley:

Back