FINE! DON'T READ THEN! [s4 spoilers]

SpyDude

Cadet
In "Resurrection"(final S3 episode) Lauren said these things.

Lauren: "If you kill me, you'll never know the truth."

Syd: "This is the truth, sucks doesn't it?

Lauren: "Do you think that the CIA couldn't find you when you went missing? Or that you learned what happened to you by chance? AND IF YOUR MOTHER'S REALLY BEEN HELPING YOU SINCE SHE LEFT, WHY HAVEN'T YOU EVER SPOKEN TO HER?"

Syd: "You're trying to buy time."

Lauren: "You can't believe that you and your sister just happen to both being agents!"

Syd: "This isn't going to work."

Lauren: "There's a bank in Wittenburg, a numbered vault. Proof. The difference between is is I know who controls me.

Syd: "Who controls me?"

Lauren: "I guess you'll never know."

So see, I think that Lauren is hinting Syd that Irina is dead. Although it can't be entirely true because Lauren makes it sound like Irina had been dead before Syd resurfaced form her missing 2 years. That leads me to another question. When did Jack kill Irina?(if he really did) Jack contacted Irina in "Succession"(ep 2, S3), in "Crossings"(ep 12) and finally in "Hourglass"(ep 19)->During an online chat with Irina, Jack asks her about The Passenger. The account is suddenly terminated.

So that leads me to believe that Jack killed Irina some time between S3 ep 20 and 22. And even if it really had been someone else(like maybe Katya) posing as Irina on the online chat, Jack would have known that the person wasn't Irina(if he had killed Irina before ep 20). So it's almost certain that Jack killed Irina almost in the end of the last season.
So, how do you comment and can my theory be accurate?

It's a good thought. I was thinking of it a bit differently... I thought that Lauren just meant that Irina wasn't helping Jack...not that she was already dead AND not helping Jack.

Of course, I'm not really sure quite why Jack was pretending (or whatever he was doing) that Irina was helping him...I suppose that's part of the mystery. He could have made it up so that it sounded like Irina was on his side, which would keep the suspicion off of him when Syd found out her mom was dead (again... :smiley: ).

So, it sounds like your theory could be correct, but there are about a billion twists that have the potential to knock our socks off again!

Agreed. I'm not pinning my hopes on anything, as I never have with Alias, and I won't now. There are so many ways the plot can go, I'm just sitting back and enjoying the ride! :smiley:

I never really paid attention to what Lauren said about her mom. Could it be that Jack didn't know that Irinia was dead and thought he was talking to her. When he found out she was dead maybe Syd had something to do with her death and so he said he did it to protect her. But then again they didn't break syd so even though she went by Julia she never was her. I don't know.

yikes. well remember Irina did help Sydney by sending Katya to help Jack rescue her and Vaughn from Korea.
so in a way Irina was helping Sydney. but i would be asking why. because from what Lauren said, and that Irina actually did help Sydney at least once for real, i would ask why Irina helped Sydney. like it was for her own personal gain. to forward her personal agenda. and helping Sydney wasn't really her goal.

but what i think Lauren was saying was that all that happened over the last 3 years (the 2 where she was missing and the last year that Sydney had been back) was engineered by someone. and even Nadia being an agent seems to be part of someones master plan. maybe Nadia got project christmas-ed.

but i'm still not sure who has been pulling everyone strings. Lauren knew who was controlling her. WHO IS IT????

callsignfreelancer said:
yikes. well remember Irina did help Sydney by sending Katya to help Jack rescue her and Vaughn from Korea.
[post="1178259"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
That's assuming that it was Irina and not Katya posing as Irina.

SpyDude said:
So that leads me to believe that Jack killed Irina some time between S3 ep 20 and 22. And even if it really had been someone else(like maybe Katya) posing as Irina on the online chat, Jack would have known that the person wasn't Irina(if he had killed Irina before ep 20). So it's almost certain that Jack killed Irina almost in the end of the last season.
So, how do you comment and can my theory be accurate?
[post="1171115"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Does that work in Alias time? In APO, didn't the assassin say that the person who hired him had been killed just days before. If so, then Irina couldn't have been killed between 20 and 22, since we know that some time passed between Resurrection and APO.

Tiger<O> said:
Does that work in Alias time? In APO, didn't the assassin say that the person who hired him had been killed just days before. If so, then Irina couldn't have been killed between 20 and 22, since we know that some time passed between Resurrection and APO.
[post="1178323"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Now this can't be true because Syd found the SAB 47 papers in Resurrection but it isn't logical that Jack killed Irina between 20 and 22 also. If Jack really did kill Irina and if he did it before Hourglass he would have known that the person he was chatting with wasn't Irina.

Back