Firefly, series vs movie

srg

Cadet
One of the best shows ever has hit the big screen. The tv executives must be kicking themselves for canceling the show.

I like how the tv show can cover the characters development over time. But the movie has a lot of action in it to keep up the pace.

What are your thoughts on the movie and tv show.

Sort of a new topic about the old show . . . moving to sci fi . . . ;)

BTW, the movie was good, but it was better as a series because the characters are so rich and they all had so much to mine--which can never be done in the context of even a movie series (take Book, for example; there is so much in his background).

I miss Wash and Book! *is sad* But at least they didn't wimp out . . . this sort of thing should have a price . . .

I didn't watch the series until the reruns started airing on SciFi. A friends husbands couldn't believe I had never seen the show, told me to give it a try. It took a couple of episodes (my husband and daughter were hooked from the first episode they saw) before I really started enjoying it. by the time the movie opened I was ready to be there opening day. The movie was wonderful. Don't know if I can pick which I love more. What I do know is that I want more, either series or movie, but preferably a new series.

UHM show was 2834762384 times better. I watched the whole thing in a week and serenity right after, I found it rather disappointing. They had to squish so much into a mere 2 hours and explain everything and I found that a lot of things weren't very satisfying. Explanation of River? Yeah no... But was certainly a good movie, and the show is possibly the best show ever ^_^ (Besides farscape)