Sci-Fi Firefly

That is fantastic, well done

I have the DVD box set, blu ray box set and the two script books plus Serenity on DVD, blu-ray and the script book

They really need to bring it back!

I only recently watched Serenity, I bought it because of the strength of Firefly. Which I watched one episode of online, and then bought the series.

I did think that Serenity would have been much better as Season 2 of Firefly. It felt cramped to me. Too much going on.

I did think that Serenity would have been much better as Season 2 of Firefly. It felt cramped to me. Too much going on.
Or not been made at all. There was too much that just didn't fit with the Firefly I know and love. It spoiled it for me a little I guess. As a film on its own it was ok but following in Firefly's wake just destroyed it. There were also a few bits which outright contradicted what was established in firefly.

I feel the same about Joss Whedon starting the series again (I don't think he will actually manage it). It's been over 10 years (excluding the film) since Serenity had the sky taken from her so I'm not sure if a reboot will do the original any justice or just leave me disappointed. It's sad that the series was cancelled after just 14 episodes but that makes it all the more special for me.

Space Hunter is similar to Firefly in a way, its a bit older but at least there were two series made instead of Just one of Firefly. I don't know why they keep cancelling all the good shows and there are no sci-fi space series on TV at the moment.

A wonderful, unique show. But I found myself agreeing with Mal: no matter how I looked at her, Inara was just a high-paid whore. Calling her professional activities "courtesanship" didn't at all change the fact that she was a prostitute. A choosy one, sure, but still taking money for tricks. Was the show trying to glorify prostitution a little bit? I think it did. The "hooker with the heart of gold" is an old trope, used through the ages. It didn't add to my enjoyment of the show.

Firefly was superb and I hated the fact that it took me a long time to get around to watching it but I am so glad I did. I have the box set like many others and Serenity the movie. It is a shame it was cancelled but however much I want it back I don't think it will happen now.

Firefly was superb and I hated the fact that it took me a long time to get around to watching it but I am so glad I did. I have the box set like many others and Serenity the movie. It is a shame it was cancelled but however much I want it back I don't think it will happen now.
There is always hope of another movie. The fans want it and several of the cast, including Nathan Fillion, have said they'd be up for it, so there is still that small chance of something happening.

Have you watched Castle with Fillion? They like to sneak in Firefly references and some of the cast have made guest appearances.

There is always hope of another movie. The fans want it and several of the cast, including Nathan Fillion, have said they'd be up for it, so there is still that small chance of something happening.

Have you watched Castle with Fillion? They like to sneak in Firefly references and some of the cast have made guest appearances.

Not yet, I say yet as it is on my list to watch but I have not seen it yet. I've heard good things about it.

Another film would be awesome, I'd love to see that happen.

Back