First thoughts

I've seen several episodes now (3-5) and I think I'm able to sum up my current feelings about the show or at least the first season.

Personally I find it extremely boring, nearly each episode I end up doing something on the side (watching online) and just listening to the dialogue (which isn't that great IMO). I'm not saying that the whole series are bad or boring, but first season doesn't seem to be that exciting, at least not to me. The highlight for me so far was when the guy who slapped his wife got his ass handed to him - found myself rooting the ass-kicker on :P

I'll try to watch until I come to first few episodes of the second season, but if it'll continue to bore me, I wont torture myself further. I really hope it picks up, because I really want to love the TV series as much as I love the game.

Maybe the problem is that you're tempting yourself to do other things by watching it online :P I didn't think the first season was boring at all, but things are just getting started.

The overall opinion is the second season is the worst of the three and I tend to agree, simply because it seems to drag a bit and there's more drama than there is action.

Season 3 has been absolutely amazing though, and blows the first two away. I really hope you keep watching so you can see the third season :smiley:

Only the time will tell. I'm not a big zombie fan and I've already stated that so that could be the reason why I'm not particularly excited about the series - I expected more killing of walkers and less chatting on how to survive.

It's kind of a mix of action and drama, so there's not zombie killing in every episode even though that'd be sweet to see too :P They do try to avoid them entirely, after all xD

Anything in particular you don't like/not impressed with/etc?

I would say skip to the third season if you could, but you'd miss out on some plots and development. I still say it's Season 3 > Season 1 > Season 2 >.<

Now that you mention it, worst explosion effect I've ever seen - YouTubers do it better :S As for story wise, it's simply not believable that they'd go around looking for solution - to me it's more believable in the game where they're just trying to get away and "wait it out".

I wont skip seasons and I'm pretty sure I wont watch more than couple of episodes of the second season just to see if the series get any better.

The show gets better. the biggest part is the zombies are not the focus or even close. the characters are/ there relationships are the whole point. which some could find boring.

Valentino said:
By "looking for a solution" what do you mean?
They're traveling around, because they're trying to find a cure or at least someone who knows a bit more about the virus or whatever woke the dead. I think that's a bit pointless, because by now they should know that it's an apocalypse.

In the game they're just trying to get away from the walkers and go somewhere where they'd be safe or be able to wait until this all is over which is more believable, since it's something I'd do if I wouldn't be one of the first of walkers.

Ah, it's been awhile since I watched the first season :P I don't really recall that being the main reason why they're looking around but either way it becomes much more about just finding somewhere safe to be.

This is what I remember as the reason why they travel to the CDC after the camp is attack and it's obviously no longer safe there
Acting on a rumor from a fellow survivor, he arms himself and begins a perilous journey to Atlanta, Georgia, where the CDC is said to have set up a quarantined safe-zone in the city. Upon reaching Atlanta, he soon discovers that the city is instead overrun by the walkers.

Andraž Rihtar said:
Valentino said:
By "looking for a solution" what do you mean?
They're traveling around, because they're trying to find a cure or at least someone who knows a bit more about the virus or whatever woke the dead. I think that's a bit pointless, because by now they should know that it's an apocalypse.

In the game they're just trying to get away from the walkers and go somewhere where they'd be safe or be able to wait until this all is over which is more believable, since it's something I'd do if I wouldn't be one of the first of walkers.

they aren't primarily looking to know more or find a cure at all. they just thought the gov. would be there protecting the area. they has little choice but to move. they are doing the exact same thing as in the game. seems like an uninformed attack...

I found the first season boring too. Infact i cant really remember the first season, but i stuck it out and was very happy with the second season. They did a good job on it, with more character developments which i believe has made the third season. Plus you have more major plot developments from season 2 than you ever will from season 1. Season 3 is just a constant wow.

Back