Fix You

fixyou.jpg

Thanks to the wonderful Janet for the wallpaper. :hug:

Title: Fix You
Author: *Me* Katy
Spoilers: The Telling, slightly AU
Summary: Syd comes back to find her world turned upside down.
Pairings: S/V
Disclaimer: If I owned Alias, there would be a hell of a lot more Spy!Sex, plus Vaughn would be shirtless in every ep. ;)
Rating: PG-13
Genre: Flangst (Fluffy-Angst)
Author’s Note: I know I said I was gonna wait a few days to post this, but I love this fic so much and I’ve been dying to post it. :lol: So I’m posting now. I think I may even enter this into the summer fanfic challenge. Janet thinks I should. :rolleyes: Oh yeah! And I posted the links to all my fics in one spot, the link is in sig. Shameless plug, I know!!! :P I hope you enjoy.

Please re-ask for a PM. ;)

Thanks for reading

[1]

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

You’ve been missing for almost two years. The words continued to resound in her head. Two years. He was wearing a ring. He moved on. Two years.

In that short minute, her entire life had been torn apart. Just a few short words. He never answered her about the ring. Sydney didn’t want to know either. She didn’t want to even be near him right now.

So she ignored him.

The ride to the airport. The whole flight home. The trip to the Ops Center. Not a word passed between them.

Not that Michael hadn’t tried, of course. He had tried the whole flight home to get Sydney to listen. After four hours, he finally gave up, slinking down in a seat in the front of the plane, far away from Sydney.

Which was fine with her.

She had been back a week and still, the only words passed between them were a quick, “Get the hell out of my way” from Sydney when she tried to get out of the conference room as quick as possible.

She was hurt. Devastated. He was the love of her life and had just moved on. It had only been two years.

Two years, again the words echoed in Sydney’s head. She had been gone two years and didn’t remember a thing. She didn’t have a single memory for the two years she was gone.

Two years; seven hundred and thirty days; seventeen thousand, five hundred and twenty hours; one million, fifty one thousand and two hundred minutes, all that time she was gone. No memories.

Sydney had been back for almost two weeks and had immediately discovered that everything had changed. Marshall and Carrie had gotten married. They were expecting a baby. Will was living in Francie and Sydney’s old apartment and was finally starting to date again. Her dad had been in jail for working with her mother (Sydney had to blackmail the CIA to get her dad out). The biggest change had been, of course, the man she loved, the man she planned on spending the rest of forever with had gotten married. The words pained her to say, but the truth was he had a wife.

A wife that wasn’t her.

Sydney was sitting at her desk, trying to work on a lead about her missing years when Michael tried to talk to her.

“One minute, that’s all I need, Syd.” He would beg every-damn-day; everyday Sydney would look away and ignore him until he left.

Today was no different.

With a defeated sigh, he left her alone.

Sydney wanted to know what his wife would think if she knew he was desperately chasing his ex-girlfriend that he never broke up with.

“You should go easy on him.” Eric told her, leaning against her desk.

Sydney snorted. “Why should I?”

Eric shook his head and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. “Syd, I know you’re hurt, but the last two years haven’t been easy on him either.”

“Obviously.” She rolled his eyes. “That’s why he’s going home to his wife right now.” Sydney spat out as she motioned to him leaving.

“Syd... You really should talk to him. Just hear what he has to say.” Eric tried to reason with her.

Sydney shook her head and adamantly said, “No.”

Eric shrugged, “Fine. Are you and Will still coming over tonight so we can all get really, really drunk?”

Sydney cracked a half smile. “Eric, I wouldn’t miss it for anything.” She told him.

Eric gave her a smile. “Okay, I’ll see you later.”

Will and Eric had both been incredibly wonderful the past two weeks. They were both there as shoulders to cry on, or someone to go drinking with if she wanted to forget her problems for a little while.

They were her best friends and she didn’t know what she would do without them.

Although she loved them, they reminded her of her old life. Her life with Michael. The life she was so desperately trying to forget.

If he can move on, so can I, Sydney continually told herself. If she was so replaceable, she figured he would be easy to move on from, too. Wrong. He occupied her every thought. He was the reason she still cried herself to sleep every night, even after all this time. She was still so sickenly, madly in love with him. And for the first time in Sydney Bristow’s life, she didn’t know what to do.

When Danny had been killed, she had the need to get revenge for his death. In a way, Sd-6 was the reason Sydney continued to go on each day. What was she fighting for now? What was her reason to get up everyday? After Sd-6 had fallen, Michael had been that motivation. She didn’t have a reason now.

Getting up, away from her desk, before she fell into complete depression, Sydney went to get some coffee.

She realized that not everything had changed. The CIA’s coffee still tasted just as bad as it had two years ago.

She laughed. Something so simple had made her think that maybe things weren’t so bad. She just had to keep fighting, keep getting up everyday. Things had to get better, right?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

:cry:

I love this. :D
First... Fix you?? I adore that song... and It's soooo Syd and Vaughn ;) (I hope they use it on the show :smiley: )

Second... the wallpaper is fabulous. Likes it a lot :D

third...
If I owned Alias, there would be a hell of a lot more Spy!Sex, plus Vaughn would be shirtless in every ep.
I love the way you think :lol:

About the chapter...
the story seems pretty interesting. I like that Will is there for Sydney... and I'm very interested to see Sydney getting drunk with the boys ;)
So... Vaughn wants to talk her... I know she's hurt... but she should listen to him ;)

Can't wait for more :D

ETA: I forgot something very important...
Can I have a PM?? ^_^

The biggest change had been, of course, the man she loved, the man she planned on spending the rest of forever with had gotten married. The words pained her to say, but the truth was he had a wife.

A wife that wasn’t her.

you know this makes everyone want to :cry: hysterically for days, right? (or is it just me?)

can i PLEASE get a pm? thanks

:D Great start Can I get a PM when you update the next time

If I owned Alias, there would be a hell of a lot more Spy!Sex, plus Vaughn would be shirtless in every ep.

:P I couldn't agree more

And yey for Will he's apart of this :D , but Lauren 👎

Ohh, this one is gonna be angsty. But I'm ready for it. :lol: Please add me to your pm list Katy!! I'm already stoked to see how this fic is gonna be. ;)

Great start once again Katy.. so sad. Wish she would just listen to Vaughn...

Can't wait for more.

Thanks for the PM and please keep em coming.

Firstly: Great start! What do Will and Weiss have up their sleeves????

Second: I think Fix You is now my favourite Coldplay song... God, it's so great!

Third: Can i get a PM when you update???

Thanks!

Back