Flashes Before Your Eyes

This episode was craaaaaazy!!!...but I still loved every minute of it! I think Desmond is my new favorite character too, which may be why I loved the ep. so much. If there was a whole season dedicated to Desmond, I probably wouldn't mind much, because his character and storyline is so great! I'm going on and on, so I'm gonna stop...for now. :smiley:

Can't wait 'til next week!! :D

Wow, that episode was AMAZING!!! Desmond is now one of my new favorite characters too, he's got such an interesting story. I cannot believe that little bit about Charlie though. He can't die!!! He's one of my favorite characters. I thought that Charlie, Desmond, and Hurley getting drunk was sooooooooo funny. :lol:

meh, it was okay. too much flashback for me. i mean, i want to know what happened and all, but i could have learned that with less than half that flashback. and i would have liked to see new things on the island too. and i really don't care about charlie. i like him and it'd be cool if he stayed. but i trust the writers, so i trust that it would still be cool if he died. just sort of a *shrugs* ep for me.

I don't think I'd go so far as to say I could stand a season full of nothing but Desmond, but he is an intriguing character. As is Juliette. I'm curious to learn more, and I refuse to believe Desi was right about Charlie's death. It opens more questions though. How/why is it that Charlie's the one who needs saving and not Claire?

I will say that I'm happy my father's idea that the Survivors are all dead and in a purgatory of sorts is incorrect. I mean, it can't be true anymore; we've just learned that Juliette and possibly more of the Others were brought there voluntarily by certain creepy figures like Ethan and that other guy.

I thought that Charlie, Desmond, and Hurley getting drunk was sooooooooo funny. :lol:
Yeah, I'd have to agree with that! It's been a while since we've seen a casual moment like that, so I think it's a nice touch to the episode. :smiley: Also, when Charlie showed Desmond the label on the bottle, I was kind of freaking out about why he was laughing so much. Good thing we learned that there was a reason for it later in the episode, otherwise I would've been like :confused:!

Yeah. Flashbacks overloaded a bit. BUT I loved it. And I totally thought it was Claire who was supposed to die! (It totally set it up to look that way...) Good twist that it was actually Charlie who is supposed to die. But he can't die! I think somehow, somebody will die instead. Somebody less important (like that random dude in the TV hatch from before Lost went on break). And then Charlie will be guilty, but ALIVE. :D That's my only hope.

And Dezy is mucho cool. I like his nickname. AND! I figured something out this morning: if indeed he relived everything and that's how it actually ended up happening, his friend knows all about the island. Maybe that's why Des' girlfriend knew to look for him at the end of last season? What if when the friend notices the match went out as he said, he'll be suspicious, but when Des goes missing for a few years, he'll figure it out completely and go to Penny. WOOT!

AND! I figured something out this morning: if indeed he relived everything and that's how it actually ended up happening, his friend knows all about the island. Maybe that's why Des' girlfriend knew to look for him at the end of last season? What if when the friend notices the match went out as he said, he'll be suspicious, but when Des goes missing for a few years, he'll figure it out completely and go to Penny. WOOT!

wow scarlet i totally didn't think of that...that actually makes sense, if his going back in time actually altered the past, or if it was just in his head...but no, lol im getting ahead of myself. he DID travel back in time, which means he DID rewrite everything he did in those days, so maybe that's how Penny knew to look for him. But that still might not be true, because remember in the finale when she followed him to the stadium where he met Jack and she said "I have a lot of money, Desmond. With enough money and determination you can find anyone."

So, when he didn't come back from his race around the world, she might've just used her "money and determinaton" to find him. What's interesting is, eventually the writers are going to have to pay that off, and when they do, it won't be a surprise because we are all expecting Penny to eventually show up on the island, but I hope she does, because I'd like to see Pesmond together on the island.

I thought this episode was boring, even the ending was a bit of blah. I love Desmond but that was too much flashback for me. I don't know why but Lost hasn't been that exciting after the break... There are so many shows that are way better nowadays..

I thought this episode was boring, even the ending was a bit of blah. I love Desmond but that was too much flashback for me. I don't know why but Lost hasn't been that exciting after the break... There are so many shows that are way better nowadays..
Well I'm just going to have to disagree with that...and that's all I'll say. :smiley:

I loved this episode. I'm such a huge Daire (Desmond&Claire) shipper that when he saved her from drowning I was like awwww. I love the chemistry between the two. I'm so bored with Claire/Charlie, it would be so entertaining if Claire hooked up with Desmond. If it would happen, I'd do a happy dance :happydance: :2love:

Back