Foolish Ways

OMG~this fic is going to end......
I will miss it sooooooo much.......

Will there be a sequel?

Too bad that Bill died.
I wish he will have a good life in heaven.

cant wait for more.

---esther

Chapter 161

The time after his father’s death had been difficult for the entire family. Amelie was becoming used to living without her husband, Jamie was getting used to raising a child without her father’s guidance, Anna was trying to cope with the fact that she had to let her husband in, no matter how hard it was and Vaughn was trying to deal with the fact that he wore a constant reminder of his father on his left wrist every single day.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Sydney sighed.

“Syd, I kinda have to” Vaughn kissed her temple.

“I just…I don’t want you to go away…even if it’s just to film a movie” Sydney whispered.

“I have like a week before I go” Vaughn told her.

“Yes…but still” Sydney sighed.

“Syd” Vaughn silenced her by kissing her gently, “Trust me”

“I’m scared” Sydney leaned their foreheads together.

“Don’t be” Michael put his arms around her waist, “Because in no time you will be visiting me with the girls and then I’ll be home”

“Ok” Sydney nodded her head.

“Trust me” Michael kissed her.

“Okay” Sydney smiled.

“Thank you” Michael kissed her again.

“Tryin to do something?” Sydney grinned.

“I can’t help it” Michael told her, “You’re just so damn hot”

“Uh huh” Sydney laughed.

*~*

“Daddy I want ice ceam!” Cathy stomped her foot.

“Cat, we don’t have any right now” Vaughn told her as he put the dishes in the dishwasher.

“WHY?” Cathy shouted.

“Because mom and I didn’t buy any at the store” Vaughn stated.

“I WANT ICE CREAM!”

“Cathy!” Vaughn scolded her.

“Nooo!!!” Cathy jumped up and down.

“Okay” Vaughn closed the dishwasher and walked over to her, picking her up, “You are going to bed”

“NO!” Cathy shouted and began hitting her father’s chest.

“Yes” Vaughn began walking up the stairs, “If you can’t behave like a big girl then obviously you are too tired and you need to sleep”

“No! NO! NOOO!” Cathy began to cry.

“Cathy” Vaughn sighed as he got into her room and sat her down on her bed, thankfully she was already in pajama’s.

“NO!” Cathy crossed her arms and glared at her father, “I don’t like you! I want mommy!”

“Mommy is visiting Aunt Nadia and Aunt Jamie right now” Vaughn told her, “So she won’t be home for a while”

“You’re a meanie face!!!” Cathy told him.

“I know” Vaughn nodded as he drew back the blankets and placed Cathy underneath them, “But I love you”

“I love you too” Cathy sniffed.

“Thanks honey” Vaughn kissed her forehead and turned on her night light, walking towards the door and closing it behind him before walking downstairs to watch television.

*~*

“Honey, I’m home” Sydney called as she walked in the door.

“Family room” Michael called, not taking his eyes off of the television.

“Hockey?” Sydney assumed.

“The Thrashers are having their asses kicked by Toronto” Vaughn grinned.

“Aw, good for you” Sydney smiled, tossing her purse on the table and sitting down on Vaughn’s lap, “I missed you”

“I missed you too” Vaughn kissed her quickly and wrapped his arms around her, “Did you have fun?”

“Yes” Sydney nodded, cuddling into his body.

“Are you tired?”

“No” Sydney shook her head, “I just wanna be close to you”

Cathy is really acting like a spoiled child by being so demanding and all
Vaughn did the right thing by sending her to bed even if it must have been hard, especially with her hitting him :lol:

I love how supportive and worried Sydney is for Vaughn's well being ^_^

I just read this story for the first time over the past few days and it is really good.

although, now i totally don't want to post a story i've been working on for the past few months b/c there were several things you wrote in here that are soooo scarily similar to ideas and things i wrote in mine and i'm like, shoot.. it'll be embarrassing to post something so similar. mostly things concerning the little girl like the packing of a bag and running away and sibling rivalry.

on the other hand.. i guess great minds think alike... haha

aww !!! this chapter was great !!! with cathy acticing out and vaughn doing the right thing to correct this behaviour , was so sweet , and syd and vaughn together , it was so sweet and romantic they cudling in the end :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

i can´t wait for more :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: ,

Nanda

too bad.

Cathy is really annoying now.I am wondering will Cathy appear in Bill's funeral,because...she will make a big big mess...
Great chap.Waiting for the next update.

---esther

too bad.

Cathy is really annoying now.I am wondering will Cathy appear in Bill's funeral,because...she will make a big big mess...
Great chap.Waiting for the next update.

---esther
I wouldnt necessarily say Cathy is annoying, she's only 4 years old so she is acting like a 4 year old - it is difficult for any child to go from being the center of attention to being the second most important

Chapter 162

“Ok…so on the twenty eighth you are off shooting for three days. Do you want to come home or do you want home to come to you?” Sydney frantically flipped through her day book.

“Um…well, I’m easier to transport than two kids. So I’ll come home for a few days” Vaughn told her as he crammed last minute articles into his bag.

“And then the thirteenth, the kids are going to mom and dads house, so I’ll go down to visit you” Sydney quickly wrote it down.

“I think that’s the week I’m doing crazy mad publicity” Vaughn cringed.

“Well…I can stalk?” Sydney suggested.

“Sounds perfect” Vaughn nodded, zipping up his suitcase and putting it on the ground, “But there are more important things to discuss”

“What?! Like what?!” Sydney gasped as she stared at him, wondering what she could have possibly missed.

“How much I love you” Vaughn sat down on the bed, wrapping his arms around her and taking them down together.

*~*

“Alright ladies, say goodbye to Daddy” Sydney smiled slightly as she watched the driver put Michael’s bags into the back of the car.

“Where are you going, Daddy?” Cathy whispered.

“I’m going to make a movie” Vaughn told her with a smile.

“Why?” Cathy looked at him with confusion.

“Because I like to make movies” Vaughn replied.

“Don’t you like us?” Cathy pouted.

“Cathy, I love you guys very, very, very much and I promise you can come see me soon” Vaughn lifted her up and kissed her forehead.

“Really?!” Cathy’s face lit up.

“Yep” Vaughn nodded, “Now be good for your mom” he told her as he kissed her cheek and set her down on the doorstep, turning to the toddler in Sydney’s arms. “Hey Erica”

“Daaaa” Erica grinned.

“I’m gonna miss you” Vaughn held her close to his body.

“AHHHH!” Erica giggled.

“Bye baby” Vaughn handed Erica back to Sydney.

“You be safe, okay?” Sydney looked at him.

“Of course” Vaughn nodded.

“I love you” Sydney breathed.

“I love you too” Vaughn whispered, “Always have, always will”

“Good” Sydney smiled.

“I think so” Vaughn laughed as he reached up and stroked her cheek with his thumb, “Be safe okay?”

“I just told you that” Sydney shook her head.

“Yes, well, it applies to both of us”

Back