Foolish Ways

awww :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: !!! this chapter was so sweet and at the same time a little sad . i love how the girls reacted to their daddy leaving , it was so sweet . course syd and vaughn´s goodbye for now was so romantic and bittersweet ,

i can´t wait for more :woot: :woot: :woot: ,

Nanda

Well, Michael is off to make a movie. He'll probably be gone for at least three months and I'm sure Sydney and the girls will miss him. No doubt, he'll miss them.

I wouldnt necessarily say Cathy is annoying, she's only 4 years old so she is acting like a 4 year old - it is difficult for any child to go from being the center of attention to being the second most important

maybe.but according to my mum,when i was four,i was a really quiet girl.......
maybe this is my personality,i HATE being the center of attention,and when someone do sth to become the center of attention,i would think they are annoying.

chap162 is a really sweet chap.
Cant wait for more

I love how Vaughn and Sydney are acting, already missing each other ^_^
I really liked how Cathy reacted when he told her he was going away and how much he loved her ^_^

Chapter 163

“Daddy” Cathy tugged on her father’s shirt.

“Yeah honey?” Vaughn bent down and picked the little girl up.

“Don’t go” Cathy whispered.

“Honey, I have to go” Vaughn told her.

“Nu uh” Cathy shook her head.

“Okay baby cakes, you need to go get mommy, okay?” Vaughn kissed her forehead once more, “I love you”

“I love you too, I’ll be right back” Cathy promised him.

“Okay baby” Vaughn watched as she skipped off just so he could slip out of the door unnoticed by the little girl, unnoticed by his Angel.

*~*

“Mommy” Cathy looked at her mother who was currently holding Erica on her hip.

“Aw, honey” Sydney hugged her little girl with her one available hand.

“Why did he go?” Cathy asked her with tears in her eyes.

“Because daddy had to go away” Sydney told her, setting Erica down to run around the room with Abby.

“He ran `way” Cathy pouted.

“I know” Sydney sighed, “And he really had to leave…”

“But I didn’t say bye” Cathy whispered, her bottom lip trembling slightly.

“Do you want to call him?” Sydney asked her, Cathy didn’t vocalize a response but instead just nodded her head, “Okay, you go upstairs and get ready for bed and I’ll put Erica in the living room and then I’ll talk to daddy, then you can. Sound good?” Sydney smiled at her little girl.

*~*

“I cannot believe you did that Michael Vaughn!” Sydney scolded her husband over the phone.

“Syd” Vaughn sighed, “I’m sorry…I just, I had to go”

“I know you did but you broke her heart” Sydney told him, “She thinks she did something wrong when all she wanted was for you to stay”

“I’m sorry” Vaughn sighed a second time, feeling immense remorse for having hurt his little girl like he did.

“You need to tell her that Michael” Sydney whispered.

“Can we talk about something happy now?” Vaughn asked her.

“Like?”

“When you and the girls are coming down to visit me…” Vaughn smiled.

“Soon” Sydney promised him, “You haven’t even been gone a day and I miss you like crazy”

“I know, I have that intoxicating effect on most women” Vaughn chuckled softly.

“Yeah…if you say that once more I’ll be flying down to cut your penis off and I don’t think you’d enjoy that” Sydney laughed.

“Well…” Vaughn joked, “Anyway babe- its late so I should go”

“Alright” Sydney nodded, “I love you”

“I love you too” Vaughn reciprocated the feeling, “More than the world”

“Call me tomorrow?” Sydney asked him.

“Of course” Vaughn agreed, “Night baby” Vaughn smiled, hanging the phone up.

*~*

“Catherine Irina Bristow Vaughn!” Sydney looked at Cathy, “You go downstairs and pick up your crayons right now!”

“B-But Arthur is on” Cathy looked at her mother with big green eyes.

“Catherine!” Sydney looked at her.

“I don’t want to!” Cathy crossed her arms.

“I didn’t ask you if you wanted to” Sydney looked at her and then sighed as she heard Erica begin to cry upstairs, “You have those cleaned up when I get down here with your sister or else you will stay with Aunty Fran and Uncle Will while I go to visit Daddy with Erica!” Sydney told her firmly as she walked quickly to where her younger daughter was crying.

*~*

“Cathy it had better be cleaned up” Sydney sighed as she walked down the stairs carrying Erica on her hip.

“It is” Cathy nodded as she held up her box of crayons.

“Good girl” Sydney smiled.

“Do I get to come see daddy?” Cathy whimpered.

“Yes” Sydney nodded, “But you need to make sure you clean everything up from now on or else you won’t be able to do some of the fun things that you want to do”

“Okay” Cathy nodded.

“Alright, now I’m going to get Erica her breakfast” Sydney told Cathy as she set Erica down and watched as Erica waddled around the room, “You can go pick your favourite dress for the plane”

“Can I wear my princess dress?” Cathy asked in reference to the wedding dress she wore when Sydney and Vaughn were married.

“No honey” Sydney shook her head.

“Why?”

“Because that one doesn’t fit you anymore” Sydney explained, “Pick one of your new dresses that you picked out with Danny”

“When does Uncle Danny come home?” Cathy asked as she remained standing in front of her mother.

“Danny comes back with Ben in like two weeks” Sydney told her, “So a few days after we finish visiting Daddy”

“Oh, okay” Cathy nodded in understanding before skipping up the stairs and to her bedroom where she began rummaging through her closet to pick out a dress for the flight to Toronto to visit her father.

*~*

“Have fun, okay?” Will hugged Sydney tightly, “And tell Mike I say hi”

“I will” Sydney nodded, “You guys have a fun time here”

“We will” Francie kissed both Erica and Cathy on the cheeks, “But you have to go”

“Uh huh” Sydney nodded as she lifted Erica up and took hold of Cathy’s hand, “Say bye guys”

“Bye” Cathy waved to Will and Francie.

“Buh buh” Erica waved her tiny hand.

“Okay, you go upstairs and get ready for bed and I’ll put Erica in the living room and then I’ll talk to daddy, then you can. Sound good?” Sydney smiled at her little girl.

Syd you promised Cathy could talk to her father but you didn't give her the chance. So which is worse? Vaughn sneaking out of the house not letting Cathy say goodbye or Sydney breaking her promise to her daughter and not letting her talk on the phone?

Also didn't Michael say in the previous chapter he would come home rather than she come up to visit him? Because he didn't want her to have to contend with traveling with two small children. What happened to change his mind?

Chris

I'm glad Cathy didn't run too far...and Vaughn talked to her!!!!!
-And poor Vaughn...I'm really sad that Bill is gone!!!!! (n)
Can't wait to see how the visit to Vaughn went!!!!
-Great updates!!! Loved 'em!!!

I can't believe what Vaughn did! He ran away instead of telling good bye to his daughter.
I know he was depressed about having to leave his family and all, but he shouldn't have left like he did.
I can't wait for them to be reunited ^_^

Hey. Sorry I haven't been reviewing... I'm in Toronto on holiday... (checking out places to live in the fall) and didn't have internet until now.

I can't believe Vaughn just left without saying goodbye. Poor Cathy. :(

Back