Fools in Love

sexcivaughn14

welcome home
Title: Fools in Love
Author: Carolyn
Chaps: 20 + a prologue and epilogue
Disclaimer: All but Brooke is JJ's
Summary: Sydney and Vaughn break apart but little to Vaughn's knowledge, Sydney has something that will forever tie them together and those two worlds are destined to crash.

foolsinlove.jpg

Prologue:

My mother was never a mother in the same way most children would think of their mothers. My mother never told me she loved me, she never came to school plays, she never came to my ballet or piano recitals, my mother merely existed. In my twenty two years of life, my mother has never once told me she loves me. My mother has also never looked at me directly in the eyes, unless she did it when I was born, but somehow, I doubt she did it then either.

My mother is a good woman, although she has faults, like all of us. My mother is a genuinely caring woman, the problem however has always been that my mother does not know how to show that same affection to me, her daughter.

See, the problem isn’t me, and somehow I know that, I know what the problem is without my mother having ever told me. The problem is simple- my father.

My mother was in love with my father, more than most people could ever imagine, they loved like some people could never love in a life time, however that love came crumbling down one fateful day, a short time before I was born my father refused, he refused to leave his wife for my mother. Since that day I have been told that my mother has been broken, her eyes never shining the same way they did all those years ago.

When I was just a little girl, I could tell she tried, she tried so hard to love me the way a mother should, but my mother couldn’t, despite her best efforts- my mother could not love me. When I was young, I found it something much harder to accept, I didn’t understand why my mommy wasn’t like all of the other mommy’s. However with age I realized that my mother was haunted by this every day we spent together, she wanted to love me- but she couldn’t and that was something that I would eventually have to accept- however difficult it was going to be.

I can remember speaking to her once, I was seventeen, she was drunk. That night was the first night that my mother admitted that she still in fact missed my father. “I just wanted him to love me back…I wanted him to be with me too, but he couldn’t and because of that my child doesn’t have a father, or a mother”, at the time, the words had stung so much I could barely speak, I found myself gasping to remain in control of my world. But at that moment in my life, I realized something I had never realized before in my life. My mother loves me, she always has, my mother however does not love the memories I bring to her, the ones of love and happiness, something she lost long ago.

So to this day, on the eve of my twenty third birthday although sometimes I have questioned my mothers love for me, I know that she loves me, in her own, pain staking way- my mother loves me.

This is so sad...will they find their way back to one another after so many years? I'm really mad with Vaughn right now. :(

Thanks for the PM. Please keep me on the PM list if you PM people. Thanks! :D

Wait its that Syd talking(thinking) ??? or her daughter ... soo confused ... but soo sad for a child to think that their parent dont love them ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

I'm thinking that this Sydney's daughter speaking and Vaughn is her father. But he was married and being an honorable man, didn't leave his wife (Lauren?).

Thanks for the PM. It sounds like another interesting story.

Chris

ooo I LOVE that song! *oh, yeah, Fools In Love - Grey's Anatomy soundtrack* where you got it, right?

this looks cute! another great carolyn fic!

pm me if your going to.

OO interesting!!! (y)
-I admit I'm a little confused..but I'm sure it will be cleared up later on!!!
Can't wait to find out more!! Thanks for the pm!!

Back