For Avatar fans...

Naeya

Cadet
[The Crossing, Fostra Square]
Truffenyi Place ends in a broad plaza here, a pleasant river- and pine-scented breeze greeting you in the open space. Several tall, sculpted columns flank a heavily-carved rosewood door that serves as the entryway to the Clerics' Guild. The sounds of muttered chants, invocations and lessons are audible from the building's stained-glass windows. You also see a windowless mud hovel, a portico gate, and a monk.
Also here: Windcaster Aang who is sitting.
Obvious paths: south.

>l aang
You see Windcaster Aang, a Human.
Aang has stormy grey eyes and dimples. He is bald, with tanned skin.
He is young for a Human.
He has a thick bushy mustache that droops heavily on his upper lip and a thick beard twisted into three long braids.

He has faint scuffing to the neck, tiny scratches to the right arm, minor swelling and bruising around the left arm compounded by cuts and bruises about the left arm, tiny scratches to the right leg, faint scuffing to the left leg, faint scuffing to the right hand, minor swelling and bruising around the left hand, some faint scars along the left hand, faint scuffing to the chest, tiny scratches to the abdomen, faint scuffing to the back.

He is holding a quarterstaff in his left hand.
He is wearing some horn-rimmed sun goggles with darkly tinted green lenses, a white padded cloth robe with scattered brown spots, a sturdy backpack, a worn golden medallion, a chain helm, some fitted black wolfskin trousers and a medium shield.

A bit much on the facial hair, but someone likes Avatar...

The best animated series since Samurai Jack.

*clings to season DVD's* Avatar is good, but it's nowhere near Jack good. But it's nice to see a new cartoon that reminds me of the kind of stuff I wanted to watch as a kid. Shows with plot and action, not mindless purile garbage like Viva Pinata and most of those new shows trying to profit off the whole surge in anime popularity.

Gr. At least there's The Batman and League of Superheroes. But kids today need them some Marvel!

Deadpool could be The Tick of the new generation I say!

...Went off on a tangent there, didn't I?

I don't see how Viva Pinata is anime... Anyway, yeah I can't stand "The Batman", but "League of Superheroes"... Never heard of it. Or do you mean "Justice League Unlimited", or something?

I don't see how Viva Pinata is anime... Anyway, yeah I can't stand "The Batman", but "League of Superheroes"... Never heard of it. Or do you mean "Justice League Unlimited", or something?

I didn't say Viva Pinata was anime. I said it, and the shows trying to profit off the anime craze. Had I intended the two things to be together I would have said "Viva Pinata and those other..." but I did not.

Now I do not even refer to the anime on TV at all, I refer to the shows trying to profit off of the sudden love of anime. The many anime-like shows or shows with asian themes just tossed together for no real reason.

JLU ended last year.

If anime is short for "japanese animation", then I don't think any of us have mentioned a definite anime show yet.. Another one trying to get in on the anime boom? Kappa Mikey, but at least it's in a sort of joking way.. Then there's Xoalin Showdown and Teen Titans..

You know, now that I look at it, I'm a bit annoyed at countries losing their independent styles and all beginning to move towards Japanese. Avatar is a nice show, but where'd the American style go!?

If anime is short for "japanese animation", then I don't think any of us have mentioned a definite anime show yet.. Another one trying to get in on the anime boom? Kappa Mikey, but at least it's in a sort of joking way.. Then there's Xoalin Showdown and Teen Titans..

You know, now that I look at it, I'm a bit annoyed at countries losing their independent styles and all beginning to move towards Japanese. Avatar is a nice show, but where'd the American style go!?

After I saw Cow & Chicken, I tracked it down and clubbed it to death in its sleep. I mean... I haven't seen it. What is "the American Style", anyway? You speak in riddles.

I hate it when people talk about animation in a way that 1) they're not technically inclined enough to talk on & 2) in comparison.
Animation is a combination of many complex arts and should be appreciate either on a level you can understand or a level beyond your understanding.
Plus Samurai Jack's story telling is epic, but Avatar's is complex and meaningful. Plus the art for both smashes a lot of their competition. Plus, let's not forget. Japanese orgin, American orgin, all animated in Korea.

What is it with everyone liking Samurai Jack? I never got it. I watched half an episode once, but it wasn't good enough to win me over, the art style was painfully ugly, and that big evil guy was just stupid. I don't get it!

The art style is simple and outlandish, but so is the story.
Plus it's just a well proportioned tale if anything and one of the best examples of the monomyth, or for those who've not paid attention the Hero's Journey. :P

Back