• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Not sure

• Total voters
Ophelia said:
After what Sloane did to Nadia, I have no sympathy for him whatsoever. Some day, one of his numerous enemies is going to plug him right between the eyes with a 9mm slug, and I will be cheering as loudly as I can.
Granted, what Sloane started to do to Nadia was horrible, I do vividly recall him taking a stand when Sark and Lauren wanted to up her dosage for fear of harming her. He fought them over it and tried to protect her. Deep down, despite his evil ways, he loves her, even if it's just a little bit. There is a trace of humanity in Arvin Sloane after all. I am looking forward to seeing more of that side brought out in him. I find it to be a fascinating dynamic and remain hopeful that Nadia will be able to do it.

Hmm, no one's posted here in a while. :(

In episode 4.06: Nocturne, Sloane had an ambiguous expression when Dixon was telling him off accusing him of being toxic. It was anger, but more like a combination of 'You can't outsmart me' and 'How dare you. I AM reformed'.

I don't think that Sloane is simply pure evil, nor is a sociopath. He has an agenda. And if some 'collateral damage' occurs, he thinks that it is justified to accomplish his goal. If he can accomplish his agenda by being 'good', then that's they way he prefers.

Alias has some of the best writing on TV. It doesn't seem likely that anything is as straight forward as they appear. I expect something really clever out of Sloane.

I voted not sure. Sloane is the most complex and ambiguous character on Alias. On the one hand, as I said in another thread, he is ruthless, unscrupulous and manipulative but, on the other, he is capable of genuine feeling for others (especially Emily, but also Syd, Jack and Nadia).

He kills and tortures others to reach his objective but he has never shown any pleasure in doing so. Like someone else said earlier I think he would prefer to gain his objective without using these methods, if he can.

We currently don't know what that objective is but what if it was "good" (i.e. world peace, an end to poverty and disease). Would this mean HE was good, regardless of how he sought to achieve it? I don't know the answer because this raises the ethical question of whether ends justify means and the concept of the "just war". No easy answers exist to these questions, hence my vote

No, I still don't think he's good, but they just keep trusting him. I think that's a bad move, but that's just me.

Sloane is the guy I love to hate. He's so evil and everybody hates him, but he's an amazing character and one hell of a bad guy, so everybody loves him. I love him, but hate him ;)

superintelligentone said:
I don't think that Sloane is simply pure evil, nor is a sociopath. He has an agenda. And if some 'collateral damage' occurs, he thinks that it is justified to accomplish his goal. If he can accomplish his agenda by being 'good', then that's they way he prefers.

Alias has some of the best writing on TV. It doesn't seem likely that anything is as straight forward as they appear. I expect something really clever out of Sloane.
[post="1206560"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

So now that we've seen Episode 4.19 'In Dreams', doesn't it seem like Sloane was a good man who turned to Rambaldi as a way of bringing peace to the world? That was the agenda that I mentioned.

And my seeing him a being a basically a good man who thought that he needed to do some 'collateral damage' to accomplish his goal for the greater good seems correct too.

Credits to 'Sloane Ranger' for thinking of World Peace as one Arvin's goals.

i'm not sure, but i'd say he's evil. evil people have feelings too (most of them :P ), and i think he does care about both nadia and sydney, and of course emily too. but it's just that...you can't ever really REALLY know with sloane. he always has some kind of plan, always up to something. and he's done so many evil things...maybe he's evil. but he's not all evil, but still very evil. if that makes sense. yeah. he's evil.

Now that we've seen Episode 4.22 'Before the Flood',
doesn't it seem like Sloane was telling the truth that he reformed and that he was going to solve the mess that he made by adding the chemicals to the drinking water?

And dispite his genuine love for Nadia, Sloane took the risk of shooting Nadia, in order to allow Sydney the chance at stopping the Mueller device. He was willing to sacrifice his daughter to save the world.

How the f**k can Sloane be good? He killed Danny, Francie, he tricked Syd, he lied to everyone! His own daughter has no reason to trust him! HE IS PURE EVIL!

P.p.s.
SHUT UP!
We in the UK get episode 11 tomorrow! You have to leave some things as a surprise!
I have found out that Irina is alive, Vaughn proposes and something about Vaughn not being his real name!
For the love of God SHUT UP!

He is evil! He has good in him, but the lad's evil, I'm sorry. Emily and Nadia are his good, but they're not enough for him, never quite were.

He killed my Francie and my Danny, two great characters, he tried to kill Sydney, Jack, Will, Irina, Noah, the list goes on.

He is a bad guy, that's who he is.

Sloane is evil, but a great evil character. I really belive he is trying to things right again for the love of his daughter.

If he turns evil again i can loose his only daughter and i dont think he will risk that.

Sloane has killed a millions of people and also destroyed Sydney life by recruiting her, lying to her, killing her fianceé and killing her best friend.

Sloane is evil. I believe he does love Nadia, but he is evil. He is! Saying Sloane is good is like saying Usama Bin Ladin is a saint.

I would not say that he is totally evil. You can tell that he really cares for Nadia, Jack and Sydney. From the begining he was evil, but when he got the message "peace" from the Rambaldi endgamge (?) i think he changed.

He told Jack and Sydney about Gordon Dean like we saw, but they are still pressing him, and they are using his daugther. And the only way he can keep his daugther alive is by doing what they say.

But can we say that Jack wouldn't do the same thing for Sydney? And does that make him evil to?

Back