For those who didn't want this war

I agree with you two too.

Even though I now support the war, everyone has the right to disagree with the president. On the Channel One News poll, 65% of students said that anti-war protestors are unpatriotic. That surprised me, especially since the war is less popular among teens. It's extremely ironic how they are saying, "We should get rid of this dictator... By the way, agree with EVERYTHING Bush says."

Next to being told how I am supposed to think and feel, what I hate most is when people accuse anti-war people of being anti-troops. That's so not true. It perfectly possible to be anti-war and yet still support our troops fighting.

Hey guys! I'm so glad this forum is open again! (A big thanks to the admins!)

Anyways, I saw the movie, The American President, for the first time this weekend. I was surprised... it was really good. If only the gov't was really like that... Anyways, here's a quote that I really liked...

"Everybody knows American isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say, 'You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating, at the top of his lungs, that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours. You want to claim this land as the land of the free, then the symbol of your country can't just be a flag; the symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest.' Show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then you can stand up and sing about the land of the free."- said by the president

Not saying that I want to burn any flags, but it's the right idea!

i watched that movie a long time ago and i never really paid attention to the political aspect of it (even though, it's called the american president, i know :rolleyes:) until i saw it again in my american gov't class in high school.

i love that quote. it has so much more meaning these days. but then again, isn't that how most quotes work? ;)

crazy spinster said:
i watched that movie a long time ago and i never really paid attention to the political aspect of it (even though, it's called the american president, i know :rolleyes:) until i saw it again in my american gov't class in high school.

i love that quote. it has so much more meaning these days. but then again, isn't that how most quotes work? ;)
Great quote, and yes most quotes do mean something ^_^

i love that quote. it has so much more meaning these days. but then again, isn't that how most quotes work?

Haha yes. Who knows, maybe something you say one of these days will become a very meaningful quotation in the future.

I'm renting this movie this weekend and I'm making my boyfriend watch it. There were more good quotes in the movie, I'll have to copy them down and post them.

You go to watch this movie in American Gov't class? We had to watch Dave... which wasn't bad, but I think I'd much rather have watched this movie.

Back