Forestalled Circumstances

Ok. So I know what you guys are thinking. What the hell is she doing starting another story when she has 2 going. I know. But this came into my head and I felt I had to get it out. Now this has nothing to do with any of my stories, but I am going to make slight altercations to the season 2 finale. You’ll understand (I hope) when you read this story. Details will be changed to fit this. Of course the last two minutes NEVER happened. ;). Okey dokey? Good. ~~~Sarah

Chapter 1

Year 2024

“You can’t do this, Michelle.” He said, grabbing her arm to turn her around as she walked away.

She looked her fiance in the eye. “I have to, David. I have the opprotunity to save my parents lives!”

“Yeah? And what happens when it goes wrong? Huh? This device is nothing to joke around about.”

She looked at him fiercly. “Don’t you think I know that? That is why the CIA has had it kept in a place like this.” She gestured to the area around her. “My parents didn’t not deserve to die like they did.” Before they could continue their argument, they were interrupted by another voice.

“No they did not.” Michelle turned from her fiance to see her uncles and grandfather walking up.

“Your parents did not deserve to die that way.” Her grandfather said, with the look in his eye he always got when talking about her parents.

One of her Uncles intervened. “We’re here to help.”

“But dad..” David started.

Eric Interrupted his son. “No, David. You don’t understand what these two people went through in their lives.”

“Mike and Syd were the best people we ever knew. We have to find a way to prevent this from happening.” Will said.

Michelle looked at these people, the people who had raised her, with love.

“Once your hooked up to ‘The Telling’ we will activate it. You will be going to year 2004, A month before your father dies. But, you will only find out how to prevent his death. Don’t change anything else.” Jack hesitated for a second. “Elle,” he started, using her nickname. “You do look almost exactly like your father. They might even recognize you. But try not to tell them everything at once.”

Michelle nodded and looked to David.

“We will leave you two alone for a sec.” Will said, dragging Jack and Eric over to a corner.

David turned to his fiance. “What if this goes wrong?” he whispered.

Michelle walked over, wrapping her arms around his neck. “It won’t. I love you, David, but I have to do this.”

He nodded. “Ok. I love you too.”

They hooked her up to the machine.
~~~~~~~~

Year 2004: 20 years earlier.

Syndey Vaughn walked into CIA headquarters and went straight to her husband’s desk.

“Hey,” she said, walking over to kiss him lightly.

“Hey.” Vaughn said, returing her kiss.

“Do you know anything about this new agent?” She asked, sitting on the edge of his desk, noticing their wedding picture sitting next to his computer.

He shook his head. “No. Just that she is a walk-in.” he said, before stifling a yawn.

“Tired, Mr. Vaughn?” she teased.

“Yes, Mrs. Vaughn,” he teased back, causing her to smile. “I am, but if I remember correctly, you should be pretty tired too.”

She laughed. “Well with the news we got last night, I think that it is perfectly exceptable to be a little tired.”

Before he could think of a proper response, Jack was motioning them into the breifing room.

Her and Vaughn sat side by side in the conference table, along with Eric, Jack and Will. A second later Kendall walked in with a red haired, blue eyed woman who couldn’t have been more than 20 years old.

“Everyone, this is Agent Elle Havugn (Pronounced: Haven). Agent Havugn, These are Agents Michael and Sydney Vaughn, Analyst Will Tippin, Agent Jack Bristow, and Agent Eric Weiss.”

She looked around to all these people at the table she recognized, but stopped on Vaughn for a second. They were right, she did look like him.

“Hello,” she said, nodding to everyone.

Sydney looked at this young woman and thought that she looked awfully familiar. From the look on her husband’s face, she could tell that he thought so too.

Elle took a seat across from Sydney and Vaughn still glancing subtly over to them. She couldn’t believe it worked

“So, Elle,” Sydney started. “Why don’t you tell us about yourself.”

“Um, ok. I was born right here is LA…” she started telling them about her and as she was doing that, Vaughn wrote the young woman’s name on a sheet of paper and switched the letters around. When he got his answer, he gestured to his wife to see the name written on it. They made eye contact for a second.

“Excuse me.” Vaughn interrupted. “But who are you? The truth please.”

Michelle just looked at him, and slowly smiled. She knew this would happen. But she also knew that she couldn’t tell them everything.

“What do you mean?” she asked.

Vaughn raised his eyebrow at the young woman. “Your last name is an anagram for VAUGHN.” He said, showing the woman the paper.

“Your right,” she said, looking down. “My name is Michelle Francine Vaughn”

“What? Are you Mike’s sister or something?” Will asked.

Michelle shook her head. “No” then she looked at Sydney. “Do you have a mirror?”

Sydney nodded, handing her the mirror. Michelle used it to remove the color contacts and red wig to let her blonde hair and green eyes free. Then looked at the people in the room. ‘Oh my gods’ could be heard throughout the room.

“Michael and Sydney Vaughn are my parents.” She said.

Ok. What do you guys think? Should I continue? I know that it is very Sci-fi, but I thought that it was an interesting concept. If you are confused, I promise all will be explained! Love ya!~~~Sarah

that was really good. i can already tell that its gonna be interesting to read. can u pm me when u have another chap up?

Thanks guys! You guys are so sweet!!!

Chapter 2

All hell broke loose, people were shouting and Vaughn stood up.

“EVERYBODY SHUTUP!” he shouted, then looked to Michelle.

“Like I said, You two are my parents.” She said, tugging her hair behind her ears.

“How in the Hell is that possible. I’m only 29. I am NOT old enough to have a daughter that’s…” Sydney asked.

“20. Yes I know. Actually, I am from year 2024.”

“Ok. How did you get here?” Sydney asked.

“You all know about ‘The Telling’, right?” Michelle asked, everybody nodded.

“Ok. The Telling is a time traveling device. That’s how I got here.”

“How do we know that your really our daughter? That this isn’t some very elaborate trap?” Vaughn asked. Michelle looked at him before answering.

“Ok. Lets see,” she started, looking at her parents. “Last May of 2003, Daddy acted drunk in order to distract guards so mom could get a kill switch to a server farm to save Uncle Will.”

Vaughn smiled and leaned back. “Yes that’s true, but you could have read that in a mission debreif.”

Michelle sighed. He was right. Then a thought occurred to her. She tugged at the chain around her neck and pulled it out, extracting the engagement ring off of it.

“I’m sure this looks familiar.” She said, handing it to her mother. Sydney looked at it, as did Vaughn. Yes, it did look familiar. It looked exactly like the engagement ring that was currently snuggling over her wedding band.

“Do we know that this is real?” Sydney asked.

“There is and inscription in it, isn’t there mom? One that only you and daddy know about. ‘J’taime’”

“Is that true?” Jack asked.

Vaughn nodded. “I had it inscribed before I gave it to her.” He looked towards Michelle.

“Why do you have it?” he asked.

“That’s the ring my fiance proposed to me with. He got it from Mom.” She answered.

“Wait a minute,” Jack said. “When were you born?”

Michelle smiled. “October 2004.” She said, looking at her parents, who smiled sheepishly.

“But that would mean that…” Will said, trailing off.

Sydney nodded. “Yes, I’m pregnant. We just found out last night.”

Everybody sat back to absorb this information. After a few minutes Kendall stood up.

“Dissmissed.” He said, and everybody walked out of the room.

Sydney, Vaughn and Michelle walked towards the office that Vaughn and Sydney shared.

“Ok. I still have questions.” Vaughn said.

“Ok, but, I can’t really tell you everything right now.”

Vaughn nodded. “Alright. You speak french?” he asked.

Michelle nodded once again. “Yep. It was taught to me when I was a child.”

“Ok. What kind of guy is your fiance?” he asked.

“VAUGHN!” Sydney scolded, sitting on her husband’s lap an slapping his shoulder. Michelle just laughed.

“Mom, that’s ok. His name is David Wiess.”

“Wiess? As in Eric Weiss? Don’t tell me that goof got married and had a kid.” Sydney teased.

Michelle laughed again and looked down at her lap.

“God, She looks just like you Vaughn.” Sydney said.

“I know. The only thing that doesn’t look me as that smile. She has definetly got your smile.”

“So why are you here?” Sydney asked.

“Actually, I can’t tell you that right now.”

“Why not?” Vaughn asked.

“Its….Its complicated. I promise when you need to know, I will tell you.”

Sydney and Vaughn seemed to accepte that for the time being. She was grateful.

TBC

What do you think? I know that it’s a little slow, but I promise it will get better!~~~Sarah

Off to PM!

awww its like a lil family reunion! i love it! great chap. this is a really interesting story since no ones really done a fic about this. thanks for the pm too.

Back