Forum "Last post" button not functioning

Well, the title and description mainly describe my problem :D

Basically, whenever I come back to the forums, several things happen:

1) Despite clicking Remember Me, I always have to log myself in whenever I enter the forums from the main page.

2) When I click the golden "Lastest Post" button on a thread, it tends to take me to either the very first post in the thread, or somewhere within the first page of a thread, as opposed to what is in fact the latest post I have yet to read.

3) When exiting the forums and coming back, they don't remember what I have read and instead continue to mark things as new when I in fact have read all the posts in the thread.

Solution to 3: Go to the subforums and press refresh after having viewed the threads, which clears all the "Latest Post" buttons and makes the forums remember. However, this should be done automatically like every other board of this style.

I'm not a web board guru, so I don't know any solutions or suggestions, but I wanted to report my woes so that it might be looked into :D

Originally posted by Cobalt Katze+Jun 24 2006, 09:29 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cobalt Katze @ Jun 24 2006, 09:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Well, the title and description mainly describe my problem :D

Basically, whenever I come back to the forums, several things happen:

1) Despite clicking Remember Me, I always have to log myself in whenever I enter the forums from the main page.[/b]

Try logging into the forums using HEROSHALL.COM as it sounds like you are using HEROSHALL.COM. It has to do with the cookies and setup of the board that Frosty set up. I can't see the administrative functions so I don't know for sure... but I do know I get wacky results, and also have to log in all the time unless I remove the 'www' from the URL.

Originally posted by Cobalt Katze@Jun 24 2006, 09:29 AM
2) When I click the golden "Lastest Post" button on a thread, it tends to take me to either the very first post in the thread, or somewhere within the first page of a thread, as opposed to what is in fact the latest post I have yet to read.
I'll have to check that out. The only thing I can really add my two cents to, is that this forum is an outdated version, with known issues. Frosty is planning on eventually replacing it, weighing his options, and available cash before doing so.

<!--QuoteBegin-Cobalt Katze
@Jun 24 2006, 09:29 AM
3) When exiting the forums and coming back, they don't remember what I have read and instead continue to mark things as new when I in fact have read all the posts in the thread.

Solution to 3: Go to the subforums and press refresh after having viewed the threads, which clears all the "Latest Post" buttons and makes the forums remember. However, this should be done automatically like every other board of this style.

I'm not a web board guru, so I don't know any solutions or suggestions, but I wanted to report my woes so that it might be looked into :D
[/quote]
See my note to question #1. See if that works, if it doesn't ... let us know :smiley:

~ Jaraeth

Intriguing... When I went straight to heroshall.com/forums instead of clicking the Forums button (hence adding the www), like you suggested, everything works perfectly.

...Now that's just odd. Thanks for the tip :smiley:

Back