Announcements Forum Split & New Moderator!

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
A little bit of news today at Cool Sci-Fi...

- The Sci-Fi & Fantasy Discussion forum has been split into multiple forums. The new At The Movies and The Small Screen forums are for movie related threads & television related threads. All general discussion will still take place in the original "Sci-Fi & Fantasy Discussion" forum.

- The new forums come at the suggestion of our newest Cool Sci-Fi staff member, Mojo! :cool: Mojo is the new moderator for the Science Fiction & Fantasy grouping of forums.

Please give Mojo a warm welcome and keep those suggestions coming!

Thank you, thank you. And thank you, Kevin, for agreeing to pay me in cash.

(pause) You are paying me in cash, right? No checks. That's the deal. :mad:

Thank you, thank you. And thank you, Kevin, for agreeing to pay me in cash.

(pause) You are paying me in cash, right? No checks. That's the deal. :mad:
Did you read the fine print? Payment is in Confederate Dollars.

:eek:

Actually, I think I'll demand payment in Starbucks GCs...

Hmm.....
Sorry, but I am not able to enter a Starbucks. It is like some strange force field is around them... as soon I get close to one I am repulsed to go in a different direction.

The weird part is that if do get too close to one I start speaking in a different language and get a sudden urge to buy Apple products.

Fortunately it does not last long.

So it's like magnetic poles, eh? That must mean you are anti-coffee-deliciousness... maybe if someone were to open up an exotic tea franchise, or perhaps a store that specialized in providing multiple variations on luke-warm buttermilk...

So it's like magnetic poles, eh? That must mean you are anti-coffee-deliciousness... maybe if someone were to open up an exotic tea franchise, or perhaps a store that specialized in providing multiple variations on luke-warm buttermilk...
It's more of an anti-"Wanna-Be-Yuppie" and anti-"Trying-to-hard-to-be-a-Hippie" self protection system. The next time I see some kid from the suburbs sporting dreadlocks who feels the need to tell everybody in earshot that he "is going to my 'bucks to get some 'cino!" and then gets into the passenger seat of his Mom's BMW, I think I'll be going postal. And don't get me started on their prices! Heck, after a few weeks of going to Starbucks most people would be able to buy a pretty decent home machine and brew their own.

It is with little wonder that several of the stores that are closing are within this area (locales with a bunch of farms and a good population of adult males driving some type of truck tend not to be a prime spot for Starbucks). Dunkin' Donuts, on the other hand, is thriving.

Now, mind you, there may be some perfectly normal people who frequent Starbucks but they are far outweighed by the others.

Oh, and present company excluded of course. :D
:eek:

The thing is, despite the posers, and despite the cost, there is the inarguable truth:

Starbucks coffee is delicious.

starbucks.bmp

Back