Four Months Later

Well! Here are some post-episode random thoughts:

So there are 9 left of the original 1st generation Heroes... did Hiro's father send Ando away just to protect him, or did he really think the sword would help?

Angela blames Nathan for Peters "death"?!? She was perfectly willing to just let him blow up NYC, but to blow up where he couldn't hurt anyone?!? Crazy!!!

Interesting that, after all that, Matt is not with his son and wife.

Does Claire's new friend remind anyone else of Cristian Slater in Heathers? LOL

I am glad that Mohinder is not a stooge again this season.

I thought it was freaky how Nathan looked in the mirror and saw Peter.
I liked how they set up things for this season going forward.
I'm not sure about the newbie Heroes...I like the original. Although I'm allowed to change my mind when Kristen Bell shows up. :smiley:
DA is fantastic as the cocky, slightly less heroic Kensei.

Yes, I reserve the right to judge the newbies...

It was interesting to be able to understand a language with subtitles... I never realized they aren't exact in wording, but the meaning is the same.

I'm looking forwar to KB's appearance. I can't wait to see more of Peter and Cork, Ireland.

I'm watching the ep online through NBC's site and just like last Volume, it seems they'll upload eps after it's been aired. It's only viewable for people who live in the US, I think.

Great start to Season Two! :cool:

Synopsis

Mohinder is giving lectures about mutations, then gets stopped by a man attending his lectures who wants his autograph. He acts suspicously and reveals that he knows about Mohinder's sister and how proud Chandra (Mohinder's dad) would be. Mohinder pins the man against the wall and demands to know what he is up to. The man says that his name is Bob and he is one of the leaders of the Company (The 'paper' company that HRH used to work for). Bob reveals that the Company was formed by people with powers in order to train them to use their powers for good, and kill them if they don't. Bob tells Mohinder that he should join them so they can help him with his research. Bob demonstrates that he has 'The Midas Touch' turning a teaspoon into gold.

We meet a Spanish speaking brother and sister desperate to make contact with the doctor in New York City. They have wanted posters stating that they are wanted for Homicide. They make arrangements with a criminal gang to get them to Mexico. We see that is is reading Chandra or Mohinder's book on mutation and is hopeful that he can help them. The gang doublecrosses them. They want more money, then want to molest Maya and knocks her brother out. Maya has some power that she can't control that makes people bleed frpom their eyes and die. Her brother Alejandro conforts her that it isn't her fault and that if he was with her he could have prevented her from killing them.

We find Claire and he family have moved away from Texas and are living new lives in California. Her dad, HRH tells her not to be conspicuous. She seems to miss being a cheerleader. She meet a kid name West who takes an interest in her. Surprise, he has the ability to fly.

HRH is being bullied by a young assistant manager at a photocopying place who looks down at the older man. Tiring of the jerk, HRH puts the bully in his place by applying a pressure hold on his hand.

Officer Parkman uses his mindreading power to pass a 'Shoot-or-don't-shoot' police test in his new city. We learn that he is now divorced and is raising Molly as her guardian along with Mohinder. Molly's teacher shows him that the girl is being haunted by a monsterous face and the symbol from Kensei's sword.

Hiro arrives in the past and saves 'Kensei' from being killed by sammurai archers. He is surprised to find that Kensei is a British rogue fortune hunter, not the great & noble hero of legend. Hiro tries to convince Kensei that he must perform the heroic deeds of legend and then marry 'the swordsmith's daughter', but he won't listen because he is more concerned about profit and getting drunk. The swordsmith's daughter chides Kensei for breaking his vow to protect her village, then takes back the sword that her father gave him for payment. She says that she needs it to rescue her father. Kensei gets tired of Hiro's nagging, so he knocks him out.

Hiro's father, Kaito, tells Ando that he used to be ashamed of Hiro for being a dreamer, but he now learned to admire him from his quest to save New York. Kaito is horrified to a torn photograph of him with the Kensei symbol in red over his face. He tells Ando that it means that he will be killed within 24 hours.

Nathan has become a drunk, apparently upset that he couldn't save his brother Peter. For some strange reason, his mother blames him for the death by not following her plan. Nathan tells her that she is evil and tells her to leave his appartment. Mrs. Pattrelli then finds that she has a ripped photograph of her in the hallway with the same Kensei symbol over her face.

Kaito tells Ando that he a good and loyal friend and tells him to leave for his own safety. Ando says that he'll stay and help fight. So Kaito tells him that he'll need a sword to defend himself with, and Ando leaves to get one. Mrs. P arrives at the rooftop to meet with with Kaito. We see their photos were once part of one large picture. He tells her that he thinks that one of their group is killing the others. Three are now dead (Linderman, Mr. Petrelli and Charles Deveaux); twelve are still living. He theorises that they are being punished for the misery that they've brought. Kaito says that he tried to make up for his misdeeds by helping his son with his quest. Then he asks Mrs. P what she did for her sons. She slaps him and leaves. Shortly afterward, Kaito sees someone wearing a hooded sweatshirt to conceal their face, then says he never expected it to be 'you'. Ando returns and tries to help, but the unknown person tackles Kaito off of the roof to the pavement below.

The show concludes with finding Peter chained inside a shipping container in Ireland. A gang of thieves thought that they were supposed find I-pods. One of them wants to beat him in order to find out what happened. Peter blasts him with energy and then indicates that he doesn't remember anything.

Did anyone notice Ando bumping into Nathan in Kirby Plaza?

A few theories are floating around that Nathan put that photo in the Kaito's paper when he bumped into Ando and he posted his mom's phot up before entering his apartment cause he knew his mom was there.

Spy Youngster ~ No. I did not recognize it was Nathan at all until the scene with him and his mother in the house. :eek:

I thought the person who sent out the hit photos were really Claude when Kaito was on the rooftop of the building and he sensed someone was there with him before a figure really appeared. I don't know why. Maybe I wanted him to return subconsciously even though he has no affiliation with the company. :rolleyes: Anyway...

YES ! I'm glad to see Peter and Parkman survive.

I thought Anders being Kenzei was awkward. Hiro in his mind probably thought, "Wait, why is Kenzei Caucasian ??" :lol: Then when he spoke with a British(?) accent, I was like "Why ???" I thought he'd speak without any accent this time around, therefore with it, it felt like I was watching Sark in disguise.... with an alias.

I would like to give the new characters a chance. See how they play during this season before my complete judgment. ;-)

In the end scene, I thought we had a brief Smallville/Heroes crossover. :P

I thought Anders being Kenzei was awkward. Hiro in his mind probably thought, "Wait, why is Kenzei Caucasian ??" :lol: Then when he spoke with a British(?) accent, I was like "Why ???" I thought he'd speak without any accent this time around, therefore with it, it felt like I was watching Sark in disguise.... with an alias.

Not as sexy minus the accent :P ...besides his character is British. 🤷

I have a friend who has a theory that Kenzei will actually turn out to be Hiro... so, as she put it, "Hiro's hero is Hiro." :lol:

ok first i need to mention David Anders bc <33333333 im so glad to see him again. him & greg grunberg on the same show. Please. its too much for my alias loving heart to take
meanwhlie, is it just me or is David doing a totally differnt british acccent? This isn't suave sark british...its like old fashionedy british-- the man is uber tallented with accents i swear :lol:
but i agree its slightly awkward that kensi is a white guy :blink:

im dissapointed that matt parkman got divorced/isnt with his child (who i guess isn't born yet (?) ) i hope that's not the end of their story bc that would suck and be dpressing
i do enjoy taht hes with that little girl tho...its cute
i'm loving that HRG and suresh are trying to take that organization down, but its sooooooooooo gonan bite them in the ass

claire's new friend at school is a hero? i'm loving that. so great. can't wait for that reveal

um the whole nathan is now the unibomber thing... soooooooo strange. What happened to his senate win?! and what is up with his nicki-esque look in the mirror?! THAT was bizzare

but yet a major question has arrisen -- who is the blind hero (?) with the hoodie who killed hiro's father??
can't wait!!!

Spy Youngster ~ No. I did not recognize it was Nathan at all until the scene with him and his mother in the house. :eek:

I thought the person who sent out the hit photos were really Claude when Kaito was on the rooftop of the building and he sensed someone was there with him before a figure really appeared. I don't know why. Maybe I wanted him to return subconsciously even though he has no affiliation with the company. :rolleyes: Anyway...

YES ! I'm glad to see Peter and Parkman survive.

I would like to give the new characters a chance. See how they play during this season before my complete judgment. ;-)

In the end scene, I thought we had a brief Smallville/Heroes crossover. :P

It makes sense for Anders to have been British since during that time period, the British, Spanish and Portuguese were the leading Western seafaring powers. America was insignificant on the world scene in that era. Since we'd need him to speak English for our benefit, having him be an Englishman makes perfect sense. :lol:

I think Nathan looking into the mirror and seeing his relection with a burned face was the explanation of how he survived. I've seen elsewhere, people claim that he saw Peter but I doubt it. I can theorize that Peter was emitting too much radiation for Nathan to be able to maintain his grip as they were flying. Due to painful burning, Nathan dropped his brother and then he blew up. It probably took most of the 4 months for Peter's pieces to reassemble.

Kaito's presumed killer seems to have been a younger man, not someone old like the originals' generation. I was wondering if it was Sylar. I've seen elsewhere, people claim that the man who bumped into Ando as he was bring Kaito's newspaper was Nathan. Wasn't the man who bumped into Ando, slipping the death warning photo into the newspaper? The man would bumped into Ando would have to be Kaito's eventual killer. Why would Nathan want Kaito dead? The killer can't be Nathan since the killer also wants Mrs. Petrelli dead too.

The episiode review/summary did confirm it was Peter's refelction... I think it's just his mind playing trick on him... He's haunted by Peter...

Can you point me to an official confirmation that Nathan saw Peter in the reflection. I taped the episode and replayed the mirror sequence twice and saw that it was Nathan with the burned face.

In one of the Heroes discussion sites, someone mentioned that the burned man had Nathan's lips rather than Peter's lips.

Back