Fox 2008-2009 Lineup

Mondays. In the fall, it’s “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles” followed by “Prison Break.”

Springtime, meanwhile, gives us the much-anticipated (in some circles) “Dollhouse” followed by the also much-anticipated (in some circles) “24.”

Tuesdays. The fall schedule gives us “House” followed by J.J. Abrams’ new “Fringe.”
the show is about Feds investigating mysterious things, with elements of terror, sci-fi, Joshua Jackson and dramatic thrills thrown into the mix.

Wednesdays. In the fall, it’s “Bones,” “Til Death” and the only other new fall show, “Do Not Disturb.”
Thursdays. Thursdays, this fall, Fox gives us Reality felgercarb Night, with a pairing of “The Moment of Truth” and “Kitchen Nightmares.”
Fridays. Fridays, this fall, Fox gives us Son of Reality felgercarb Night, with a pairing of “Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?” followed by “Don’t Forget the Lyrics.”
Saturdays. In both the fall and the winter, it’s “Cops,” more “Cops” and “America’s Most Wanted: America Fights Back.”
Sundays. After football games end (football, glorious football), the fall schedule is all animated with “The Simpsons,” “King of the Hill,” “Family Guy” and “American Dad.” And this schedule isn’t slated to change at all in the winter. However, in the spring, both “King of the Hill and “American Dad” will be swapped out for new comedy cartoons, “Class Dismissed” and “The Cleveland Show,” respectively.

I hate to admit it but I still liked Fox back in the very beginning when they were desperate for ratings so they would try a totally diverse lineup. Stuff like The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. and the first few seasons of The X-Files were some prime viewing. Even stuff like 21 Jump Street was, for it's day, good entertainment. Show like Beans Baxter would now be relegated to Nickelodeon. And let's not forget Alien Nation, Sliders, or Space: Above & Beyond!

Of course back then Fox also gave us tripe like the Joan Rivers talk show and Charlie Hoover but compared to some of the stuff from the 'big three' in their infancy (eg: My Mother, the Car) they didn't do too bad.

Now, though, not so much.

Back