Free 3 month trial of DR Platinum

Eh....not much to say. Except it is just a tempter..

A trial fixes one problem but leaves others in it's wake.

I'd try it, but I might get hooked... and if I did that, I'd have to find the extra money every month. I'll stick with basic for now.

Yes, I did the trial with my basic DR subscription. Was kinda crazy to see "You have 15 more DR Prime character slots. You have 26 more DR Platinum character slots."

*eyes bug out*

Edit: On a purely selfish note, I love it because I can preview the new Empath spell "Sprout" now! Muahahah (ie it's on Premium preview before release, I wasn't considered a premie until now)

Sprout's the first new spell in AGES for empaths. It enhances the ability to find herbs for a time and also increases potency of herbs when cast on them.

Those pages probably still won't change minds.

Don't believe I tried, also don't think I care either way ;) I'm not in the buisness of prying open closed minds.

Sprout's the first new spell in AGES for empaths. It enhances the ability to find herbs for a time and also increases potency of herbs when cast on them.

That's awesome, will the extra potency have a durration or is it permanent? Would be neat to have friends coming to you with herb pouches to Sprout for them :smiley: Will it carry over into potions/salves and the like? *pegs Naeya with questions*

Before I try this out, I'd like to know a couple things.

First, how's the population of DR? Will I see lots of people running around, or a ghost town?

Second, how newbie-friendly is it? Will I be completely lost?

Third, how elitist is it? A friend of mine got burned badly in an Iron Realms game because they harassed her endlessly (insults, etc.) for not acting IC 24/7.

DR Platinum has always had a very small community.

DR Prime has... 452 players in there right now.. and usually 400-600 24/7.

DR is very newbie friendly, but don't expect to be led by the nose. You do what you want, when you want, wherever you want to. The help system is well done and there is an aid for novices to help them find locations and get their bearings. Better than that, though, is the Mentor system, which is comprised of volunteers who will help you get started and answer any questions for you.

IC is not required. OOC is completely discouraged. No one wants to hear about football, politics, or listen to leet speak, etc., in game.
Most everyone is very friendly and helpful.

I would suggest the 30 day prime trial over the 90 day plat trial, if you aren't already familiar with DR.

Actually, you can do the DR Plat trial. With platinum, you get access to all instances, I believe. :smiley: Well, minus The Fallen, maybe. So if you sign up for the DR plat trial, you'll get... 90 free days of DR Prime, with "premium" benefits too, if I understand it correctly.

Back