Free e-Books

Tom

An Old Friend
Stories, Sorted by Author

Each author's page includes some additional information.

The homepage given is not always an official one.

Cool Sci-Fi Community Members! (y)

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

R

S

T

U

V

W

Y

Z

Re: Free Online Stories by Author

Don't forget that TOR has been sending out weekly free e-book downloads. Just signup for the list on the front page and they will email you with links each week. I can't find enough reading time to keep up. This week's book is Spirit Gate by Kate Elliott.

Re: Free e-Books...mine?

I'm new here, can I post mine?

saucer3.gif

A short story (15,600 words) inspired by "Lord of the Rings" and offering a new and distinctively Science fiction, rather than fantasy, interpretation of Middle Earth, and what happens afterwards.

If anyone's interested you can visit my personal web site to leave your email and I'll be sending copies out to all who request it: "Dragon's Vale"

Book_of_Dragons_Vale.png

(Tolkien Trust has passed this story as not conflicting with the original works.)

I'm new here, but I'm blogging free chapters to my book, "Dragon Sight". I'm looking for a publisher, but in the meantime, I'll be posting a new chapter every tues. On my blog. Check it out.

Blogger

BlackDragonWhiteDragon.jpg

I just added chapter 4, "Dragon Sight" to my blog. New chapters posted weekly, on tues.

Blogger

ShepardRedEyes2_5610.JPG

Thanks so much for the list! For anyone who doesn't know there are also quite a few free ones on Amazon . You load their program into your computer and use the reader free on the computer, load free books from their list of free and ones to buy. Here's a link to free classics and limited time promotional books

Amazon.com: Free Popular Classics: Kindle Store

This week they have Spy Killer by L. Ron Hubbard and a free periodic table.

Amazon.com

Godspeed Inc by Vincent Miskell is an SF adventure. Naomi Kinder, alone in space, has to contend with spacetime rifts; a giant menace only she can deal with; and then as she works on her spaceship--did I mention that she's alone--with time running out, someone or something grabs her... This is part of a series about Naomi Kinder. Note: Adult content.

Godspeed Inc is free on Amazon Kindle:
Amazon.com: Godspeed Inc: A Naomi Kinder Adventure (Naomi Kinder SF Adventures Book 0) eBook: Miskell, Vincent: Kindle Store

Hi

I have a ebook, The Space Between, that I'm giving away for free at www.scottjrobinson.com (with an option to donate).

The story is set in the multiverse of Ananake and draws on myths and legends of ancient Earth, weaving a tale that moves from Sherwood Forest to distant worlds and outer space. It involves, amongst other things, magical gateways, Area 51, sentient spacecraft, a 50 thousand year old intergalatic war, elves and dwarves, Machu Picchu and strong coffee.

Kim thinks her day is going badly when her friend fails to meet her at Sherwood Forest. Then an annoying knight hits on her and she is stalked by an elf and a dwarf. But when the aliens attack things really start to go down hill. Collecting strange companions along the way she finds herself in a race to stop the war with the aliens before things get out of control.

Seeing Kim's only weapons are a wonder bra, an attitude problem and a stubborn refusal to give up, things could get much worse before they get better.

So, what have you got to lose? Anyone who donates for book 1 will get book 2 in a month or 2. Book 3 is also close to completion and hopefully book 4 won't be far behind.

You can link to reviews from the site plus get some extras.

"... a serious talent." -- Jack Dann

"...the more I read, the more I loved it. The characters, the pacing, the writing, the plot, it was all so good. Where a lot of the sci-fi I have read and reviewed recently follow a very linear plot, following a specific formula, The Space Between felt fresh and new." stuffwhatiwrote

Very cool list. I just got forwarded links to two free ebooks from thecopia.com, a new bookstore. They are giving away two anthologies. One of Scifi and the other of Fantasy. Some big names Philip K. Dick, Phillip Jose Farmer, Harry Harrision, Gene Wolfe. I had read the funny Dick story "The Eyes Have It." But it's still nice to have.

The books are epub. So you can load 'em onto nooks, kobos, etc. 40 stories total.

Science Fiction
http://www.thecopia.com/catalog/details.html?catId=9408960
Fantasy
http://www.thecopia.com/catalog/details.html?catId=9408959

My SF ebook, Pretty Pink Planet, is free on Smashwords: Pretty Pink Planet, an Ebook by Joy Smith

Description: Lori, an agent of SOESFOL (Search Out and Establish Sentient Forms of Life) visits Prism, a popular tourist destination, to track down planet pirates and rescue aliens, if she can find and talk to them. There's a sequel, Hot Yellow Planet.

If you need to access it on Amazon, click the lower price elsewhere button.

Back