GFX Free signatures!

Hmm...well I could take a look at some pictures, but I want something colorful. I'm going to attempt my best at making an enchantress/illusionist in this game, so lots of sparkly lights and colors. Obviously somewhere in there would be the pretty blonde, blue eyed, elf girl....Hmm...*think think think*

hmmm...

I don't think the forums will ever be the same :eek:

meh...is that too riske'???

Although... I rather like it :smiley:

French-8copy.jpg

Right I'll hit you up then - as it were heh.

Roguish, preferably with purple in it as I prefer that to the ubiquitous black/red. Purple AND black?

I genuflect in your direction *bow* Not worthy! *bow* not worthy!

Aww man! I do like it....but umm...well its not -exactly- what I was picturing. Kind of dark O.o I was thinking a load of pastel colors like pink, light blue, purple, white, maybe some gold or silver accents...umm something along the lines of this.

Eve2-2.jpg

or

fairy.jpg

See I'm planning on doing what I can to get some sort of enchantress in this game.

*Whispers to Thaos* Don't worry, bud.. I've gotcha covered...

Here you go, French kiss... I think this is juuuuust what you had in mind, right?

frenchkiss.jpg

No? :eek: *runs and hides*

navarre said:
*Whispers to Thaos* Don't worry, bud.. I've gotcha covered...

Here you go, French kiss... I think this is juuuuust what you had in mind, right?

No? :eek: *runs and hides*

O.K. I'm sorry; but i can't stop laughing at that.

I can't imagine getting drunk with Nav around ROTFLMAO!!!! :smiley: :smiley:

I... I...; had to get my wife in here to see that one.

*thunk* <---Thaos falls out of chair kicking heels in air holding stomach laughing

Now umm...; *cough*.. French those look more like Pixies, Faires, Fae etc.

This is my idea of an Enchantress:

7721.jpg

You're gonna have to give me a minute to get over that one... i can't look at this thread without laughing to the point of tears now.​

But French.. if you find something thats spot on for you just PM me the link.​

WatchMaker said:
Damn, that is one well equipped enchantress.
Yeah, that staff of hers is pretty sweet looking.

::cough::

My guess is that French Kiss would like the girly-girliest thing you could possibly come up with, Thaos. And I mean that in a good way. Just do something you, in your testosterone drenched state, think is waaaay overboard, and I'm sure it would be perfect. ;)

As for your question of finding an Enchantress type character French Kiss, I would lean towards Wizard/Bard or Bard/Wizard from what we've been given on the classes. Bard seems to have the charms and 'crowd control' type abilities you would associate with an enchanter and the Wizard the focus on magic that goes hand in hand with being an enchanter. Just my two cents. :smiley:

And on a side note, and general question... why is it that female fantasy/sci-fi characters are always depicted as big and busty with waists half the width of their heads and as little and/or as revealing clothing as possible, yet male fantasy/sci-fi characters are butt-ugly over-muscled Sly Stallone types? I know that a large proportion of gamers are testosterone filled post-pubescent males, but couldn't there be at least some effort at normal depictions made? Or at least even out the imbalance and have some scary beer-vision-only gals and actual Adonis-like guys as characters. Give those of us not of the stereotypical gamer persuasion something nice to look at too.

Yes, well... *cries*

I can poke myself in the eye with my toe, ya know?!

I agree with Evran about the body type thing, too! See, I happen to think disportportionatly large breasts = kind of ugly, and that ugly dudes also = ugly. I'd like to see some normal looking people. You know, just... I don't know, he started it! *points finger at Evran*

Oh, and signatures... Nice one, Nav. I'd've laughed, but I'm not so easy to make laugh. It was what I'd call "mildly comical", ya know? Hm... I wonder if I have a poor sense of humor... What-what?! Ugh...

I'd totally bust out some wicked awesome signature, and completely blow everyone away, but I don't have, ya know, like... talent or inspiration.

Know what'd rock, though? A signature that was like my avatar, but in a "pirate/creepy guy like in Homeslice's old avatar/old man"-version. Like, wish a slash between each version, all in a row, all in backgrounds suiting the corresponding version... Sweet... Hehe, not that I expect anything, just thought it was an awesome "brain picture"!

Oh that's a brain? Heh, here I thought it was a rock this whole time. And yet I associate Daax's meatball as being a brain. Odd. Must be the thought bubble or something. Oopsy!

Evran said:
And on a side note, and general question... why is it that female fantasy/sci-fi characters are always depicted as big and busty with waists half the width of their heads and as little and/or as revealing clothing as possible, yet male fantasy/sci-fi characters are butt-ugly over-muscled Sly Stallone types? I know that a large proportion of gamers are testosterone filled post-pubescent males, but couldn't there be at least some effort at normal depictions made? Or at least even out the imbalance and have some scary beer-vision-only gals and actual Adonis-like guys as characters. Give those of us not of the stereotypical gamer persuasion something nice to look at too.

Actually, give me a fantasy character that isn't Caucasian - and I don't mean just dark with a tan. I mean DARK skin, natural hair that isn't straightened, full lips, and so on. Go and try and find a Afro-Carribean fantasy character - I dare you. But if I even go there on most gaming/fantasy sites, I get shouted down for being "too pc". The fact I'm interracial myself and would like a character to even remotely look like myself (curly hair, darker skin and non Euro features) only earns me ridiculous/racist responses in reply. In a fantasy world, I don't "want to look white so I know what it's like to 'pass' " and it's not because "caucasian people can afford to play the games and black people can't" (and yes, I have heard the latter before, off Vanguard forums actually which made me drop that game like a hot potato). Just would like to see something truly diverse when it comes to playing human, or even a race that doesn't look like the same old extremely pale Tolkienesque elves or Asian-look skinny with bug-eyes elves; yes I know that's the trend now, but trends are MADE. Maybe next year Indian culture will be in (again) and your characters can add bindhis.

Make something truly unique - if it's a desert planet, then I expect people would be darker, yeah? That's not pc, that's just that "realistic immersion" thing folks often go on about. Horizons managed it (I found no end of amusement for all the kids saying Morgan Freeman should sue because the black wizard looked just like him - yeah, all black men look the same so obviously the guy was a dead ringer *snort*), WoW female humans got pretty close (I was impressed!), but that was it really.

My rant done.

Okay Nav..that was hilarious. *Dies* Hahah!

Thaos thats one very pretty enchantress...but yeah way busty. I have this image for the character (Seleni) in mind. Shes going to be all about having fun, very charming, flashy, and sweet. It'll be perfect if bard/wiz or wiz/bard would come out to something like that.

And yes...a very girly, girlish sig/character is what I'm aiming for. Blonde, Blue eyes, pink, purple, sunshine, bunnies and the like! :D

And not -all- the men in fantasy games are buff. Theres hobbits and elves are rather slim too.

I don't think tuned bodies is really a bad thing.. If you are going to set out for a huge adventure, you would naturally be somewhat fit. Not sure if it was mentioned here, or somewhere else, but no. Visual appearence should not effect skills. (IE bigger muscles = more Strength.)

French Kiss said:
And yes...a very girly, girlish sig/character is what I'm aiming for. Blonde, Blue eyes, pink, purple, sunshine, bunnies and the like! :D

I love all you thread hijackers.

You know French.. it was your avatar that sort of misled/confused me. I mean... when you contrast your avatar against the two pics you posted they kinda seem the opposite of each other. One innocent and cute; the other cute and umm... well...

Anyways :eek: Maybe I assumed too much?

ACK!! I'm conditioned :( I don't know if I can interpret what would qualify as 'girly girl'.

*bawls*

Its interesting that given the chance, and HJ will offer that chance like no other game before, to create your ideal character; it will be fascinating to see what people will create in game. That is what we've tried to do isn't it? Create the idealized version of ourselves or something that we'd like to see given the options that we've heretofore had?

Trillian said:
Actually, give me a fantasy character that isn't Caucasian - and I don't mean just dark with a tan. I mean DARK skin, natural hair that isn't straightened, full lips, and so on. Go and try and find a Afro-Carribean fantasy character - I dare you. But if I even go there on most gaming/fantasy sites, I get shouted down for being "too pc". The fact I'm interracial myself and would like a character to even remotely look like myself (curly hair, darker skin and non Euro features) only earns me ridiculous/racist responses in reply. In a fantasy world, I don't "want to look white so I know what it's like to 'pass' " and it's not because "caucasian people can afford to play the games and black people can't" (and yes, I have heard the latter before, off Vanguard forums actually which made me drop that game like a hot potato). Just would like to see something truly diverse when it comes to playing human, or even a race that doesn't look like the same old extremely pale Tolkienesque elves or Asian-look skinny with bug-eyes elves; yes I know that's the trend now, but trends are MADE. Maybe next year Indian culture will be in (again) and your characters can add bindhis.

Make something truly unique - if it's a desert planet, then I expect people would be darker, yeah? That's not pc, that's just that "realistic immersion" thing folks often go on about. Horizons managed it (I found no end of amusement for all the kids saying Morgan Freeman should sue because the black wizard looked just like him - yeah, all black men look the same so obviously the guy was a dead ringer *snort*), WoW female humans got pretty close (I was impressed!), but that was it really.

My rant done.
Have you seen the E3 demo on character creation Trillian? There's a demonstration of the character generater that allows facial structures based on racial characteristics. And it allows you to mix and blend them using the slider bars. There's a few screenshots that show the options in clearer detail kicking around as well... I think we have them all on our main site.

Back