Foodies Freezing Food

What containers do you use in the Freezer?

• Freezer Paper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Store packaging - really? are you serious?

• Something else...I'm curious so please comment.

• Total voters

Tom

An Old Friend
I use freezer bags for just about all my freezer foods that I repack.
I used to use freezer paper and masking tape but I haven't been hunting in a long time so I kinda got out of that.
I have seen people buy freezer containers made out of plastic but I just don't trust them.

I label all my freezer stuff with what it is and the date I put it in there. I have a chart on the inner lid that tracks the recommeded life of freezer goods. On grocery day I pull it up and put the new stuff on the bottom. Its more work but assures me that the oldest stuff gets used first.
(Found a rabbit I had in there that was 4 years old once, so I started rotating)

I have never defrosted my freezer either. I keep everything off the lid so my seal stays good. I also coat the seal from time to time with mineral oil. Since the seal is good the frost doesn't get out of hand.

Been thinking of getting the kids frezzers this year for Christmas. I can get them for about a BUCK & a Half and I gotta get two. Well, before I spend $300 on them I figured I would ask others about their freezer methods.

What's the strangest thing you have found in your freezer?
LOL - Being a mechanic for most of my life, I painted up a set of 350 valve covers, Not only did I bake them in the oven, I froze them. I have also put a vibration dampner in there so it would slip right on a crankshaft. So, auto parts is the strangest for me.

Most of the time it's plastic freezer bags but will use plastic containers sometimes.

Not too many strange things in there; we try to keep the grocery budget in check so we'll go through the freezer to make sure we don't have anything in there we're not using. But now I'm considering if I were to stick anything weird in there if Mrs. Kevin would ever notice. :whistle:

Might make for an entertaining exercise. Try a rubber duck. LOL - Just thinking about her reaction makes me laugh.

Back