French music..

Yashiza

Cadet
Does anybody likes Alizee, Helene Sigara or some french music? I just love Alizee, Helene Sigara and In-Grid. In finland isn't so much frenchmusic, but we love Alizee's Moi Lolita. Nice song. :smiley:) Anybody else, fan of Frecnh music?

Yashiza said:
Does anybody likes Alizee, Helene Sigara or some french music? I just love Alizee, Helene Sigara and In-Grid. In finland isn't so much frenchmusic, but we love Alizee's Moi Lolita. Nice song. :smiley:) Anybody else, fan of Frecnh music?
I think In-Grid is Italian ... she just sings in french

I really love Carla Bruni her song "Quelqu'un m'a dit" (someone told me) really rulez !!

and we have a belgian band (they're flemish but the "sing" in french) named Vive La Fête they're music is euhm electro/kitch-pop :D i love listening to them but it's not my "regular" taste of music ... i mostly listen to female singer/songwriters

you can listen to some VLF songs on Vive la Fête | Official website

hope you like it ;)

I'm french and I hate Alizée and Hélène Ségara !
I don't know In-Grid !
I just like some french music : the French Touch << link to the thread (Modjo, Daft Punk...), Yannick Noah (but just a bit).

i'm in French 1 this year, and whenever we come into the classroom, the teacher plays some french music. it usually changes everyday, but it sounds nice...if i only knew what they were saying...lol

Ok, here:

M.Pokora
Diam's
Vitaa
Shy'm
Magic System
Fatal Bazooka (some songs)
Milene Framer
Soffia Essaidi (with all Cléopatra cast :love: )

Can't stand Shareefa Luna & Kenza Farah.

what about the biggest french singers?
Gainsbourg? Piaf? Halliday? (yeah, it hurts to say that, but he is!) Jacques Brel? (ok he's from belgium) Jean-Louis Aubert? You might even know the band "Telephone", they were supporting act for the Rolling Stones a long time ago.

I'm curious to know which french singer, you people from another country than France, know ?

I heard Charles Aznavour (okay he's not really french but anyway lol) made some shows in New York, then that Lara Fabian and Patricia Kaas are famous in Russia, so do you know any of them or someone else ?

Ooh right now I'm listening to Coeur De Pirate, also I don't think this really counts, but I've been listening to the french versions of disney songs to practice. The lyrics are so much prettier than the english versions!

I've liked the Prototypes ever since I heard their song Who's Gonna Sing? used on an iPod Shuffle ad. Their album, even though completely French, won me over as the melodies and bouncing pop hooks were just as catchy as English songs. Worth checking out.

I don't know much French music (I really should considering I lived there) but rock wise I like the band Tagada Jones, anyone heard of them? I also like the President's wife, Carla Bruni. Especially her song Quelqu'un m'a dit which features in the film 500 days of summer.

I can't really understand any French unless I get it translated but I still like French music none the less as it generally sounds beautiful and I LOVE the French accent. Saying that, I do rarely come across French music to play.

Back