Friends Forever!

yes here you go! would you like chocolate or white or ice cream cake?(i brought three bc you never know plus with all the members it might get alittle hectic with the cake!lol) im having the ice cream, YUM!*passes siri her choice of cake!*

and okay i know alias quote but this could be used in friend situations!"im your ally, never question that."LOL

here ya go!*slides jo a piece of cake!*
and i love these friends qoutes!

Forsake not an old friend; for the new is not comparable to him: a new friend is as new wine; when it is old, thou shalt drink it with pleasure.
---Bible, Ecclesiasticus 9:10

Keep a fair-sized cemetery in your back yard, in which to bury the faults of your friends.
---Henry Ward Beecher

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.
---Unknown

Never Explain--your Friends do not need it and your Enemies will not believe you anyway.
---Elbert Hubbard

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.
---Unknown

there are more, but thats good for now! Enjoy the cake guys!

"the journey to a friends house is never long"

"a friend will laugh at ur jokes when they arent so good and will sympathize with your problems when they arent soo bad"

yummy cake!!!

ooo, I've heard those quotes before, I love 'em all! Espe (ew, I just ate a ribbon) cially the one where you should have a fair sized graveyard to bury the faults of your friends, and never explain--your Friends do not need it and your Enemies will not believe you anyway. Oh oh, and a friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words. Okay, I just like 'em all! LMAO!

i luv my friends to death but the sad thing is that since i go to a private school well some of us are splitting up and i have this poem for my Best Friend thats not goin to the high school i am so here it goes. .(i got it off a website so its not mine but i did change some stuff)

when i met you were so quiet but we became friends after one little joke, After that we got closer, and you weren't so quiet anymore
Then all of the sudden we became BEST FRIENDS!!
We started out small then grew to somehting BIG and GREAT!!
We have never taken the easy road always had to see how far we could push it
Now we have this friendship goin on, and we are movin to two different lives
And leaving you is going to be WEIRD, im gunna miss you like crazy, I have grown to call on you for everything
You say "we won't change" truth is know one knows, But i hope we DON't
Without our friendship I would have been nothing this year, i would have been lost and wondering why? Why, my life sucked they way it did.
But with you in my life to make things rite, its indescribable
Sometimes i wonder "When you leave, will you remember me, or will you close our chapter??"
Cuz babe i know i couldn't forget our crazy memories, i couldn't forget the tears we cried,
I will always remember *US*, us being a team, us being together,
For the past two years it was us fighting down walls and buliding new ones,
It was you and me, me and you!!
When people would look for me they knew who they had to find, they knew it was you "Lauren", we were always together practically, if we weren't side by side we were on the phone 12-midnight, 1 a.m., 3 a.m., they would find us talking bout guys, life, funny things, and our crazy adventures, Regardless who was tired we sat there and talked,
Bottom line im gunna miss you
I learned this from my mom "Don't say goodbye, say i'll see you later"

i cry every time i read this :(

"If we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give." -George MacDonald
"The most painful way to lose a friend is not a separation of death or of distance, but a separation created by yourselves." -anonymous

Those are some great things that you wrote, A56! :smiley:

I have made some great friends here, too and they know who they are. ^_^ ^_^ :D

And I found this quote:

"A memory lasts forever, never does it die. True friends stay together and never say goodbye."

I like that last quote flames, hope it's true, coz I'm going 2 uni soon and I'm really hoping that I'm not gonna lose touch with my friends, we'll prob meet up during holidays and stuff but its soooo upsetting leaving them all, so I'll remember these quotes and hopefully I wont b soo upset! Thanks u guys :angelic:

So, I prepared a ton of stuff to write in yearbooks at the end of this year. So I'll post some stuff here, even though some stuff you'll be like "What does that have to do with friends?" we're graduating this year FYI. Oh and all Copyright 2003 by ME. No taking people, all my stuff

Have you ever wondered
How the world could be so vast
How everything we've come to love
Can fly by and away so fast

Have you ever wondered
Why we were meant to leave
Why all this time we were waiting
And now we've gone to find grass more green

Have you ever wondered
Who's lives we were meant to change
Who's world will be so different
When we are in their days

Have you ever wondered
What improvements we will make
What changes we will influence
To make our world so great

Have you ever wondered
Where the lives we lead will take us
Where we will be heading
When into the world we are thrust

Have you ever wondered
When our paths shall cross again
When it is that we will meet
I'll be waiting until then

Here's another one:

Sometimes, as I look back
On all that I have done
As I rememebr sitting here
Sitting under the warming sun

I wish I had taken the time
As I remember my past
To say I luved you just one extra time
Showed how I'll miss all of... that

Which would be whatever you're thinking
As I imagine you would think
To fill the space I was making
As I write with pen and ink

For I realize soon we'll be moving on
And I don't want to forget
So I'll remember always, every day
The days we've smiled and wept

For the world can be confusing
For those as young as us
So I'm so glad to have a friend,
And someone I can trust

"Never mourn the end of something, a sunset is just as amazing as a sunrise, only you don't have to get up at five in the morning to see it"- me

"If you find yourself at the bottom, and you don't think you have the strength to climb, you can always use the elevator called your friends."- me, again

That's it. Or all the good ones.

Oh goodness...where do I start? I love my friends so much! But I gave my best friend, a quote book for her birthday with all of my favorites (it was a huge book!) but two of my favorites were:
~If the World Could Give Me Only One Special Person . . .
I would want that person to be someone I could share a real understanding with; someone I could be completely open and honest with; someone who had qualities I admired; someone whose interests and outlooks were interwoven with mine.
I would want that special person to bring the gift of laughter to my heart and to have no fear of crying on my shoulder. I would want that person to be the joy in many of my best memories, and the thankful thought that tomorrow will always be happy, too.
If the world could give me only one special person . . .
I would want that person to be you.

And the one my friend gave me, after I found out my dad was deployed:
Cherished Friends
God must have known there would be times we'd need a word of cheer someone to praise a triumph or brush away a tear. He must have known we'd need to share the joy of "little things" In order to appreciate the happiness life brings. I think he knew our troubled hearts would sometimes throb with pain at trials and misfortunes or some goals we can't attain. He knew we'd need the comfort of an understanding heart to give us strength and courage to make a fresh, new start. He knew we'd need companionship unselfish...lasting...true, and so God answered the heart's great need with CHERISHED FRIENDS... like you.

AWW! Guess what? My BF Melissa said that I was her only really true friend! I have lots of buddies but only a few are close are really sweety like JO!

I found these on a website!!
"True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost."
- Charles Caleb Colton

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin

"My friends are my estate."
- Emily Dickinson

"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."

"A friend is one who walks in when others walk out"
-Walter Winchell

"A friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be anywhere else."
- Len Wein -

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself."

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend."
- Albert Camus (also attributed to Maimonidies).

"A hug is worth a thousand words. A friend is worth more."
-

"Everyone is a friend, until they prove otherwise."
"Your friend is the man who knows all about you, and still likes you."
- Elbert Hubard

"I get by with a little help from my friends."
- John Lennon

"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up."
- Bible: Ecclesiastes

"Two may talk together under the same roof for many years, yet never really meet; and two others at first speech are old friends."
- Mary Catherwood

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival."
- C. S. Lewis

"I might give my life for my friend, but he had better not ask me to do up a parcel."
- Logan Pearsall Smith

"Friends are the most important ingredient in this recipe of life."
- (sent by Dior Yamasaki)

"The better part of one's life consists of his friendships."
- Abraham Lincoln, (sent by Heather Myers)

"The love of my life is the love between friends."
- (sent by Jess)

"One's best friend is oneself."
- (sent by Jess)

"A Friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway!!!"
- (sent by Heather Tallent)

"To be depressed is to be lonely; to have a friend is to be happy..."
- Guido

The following Girl Scouts Motto has been submitted by many people in varying forms, so I've just placed the three most popular versions on:

1) "Make new friends and keep the old, one is silver and the other gold"

2) "Make new friends, both young and old, one in Silver, the other Gold."

3) "Make new friends but keep the old, some are silver and others are Gold"

4}"I have a hand, and you have another; put them together and we have each other."

"Strangers are just friends waiting to happen."
- (sent by Steve Klaka)

"Sometimes you pick your friends, sometimes they pick you."
- (sent by Steve Klaka)

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him, his own."
-Benjamin Disraeli

"Though our communication wanes at times of absence, I'm aware of a strength that emanates in the background."
-Claudette Renner

"I can trust my friends. These people force me to examine, encourage me to grow."
-Cher

"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being."
-Goethe

"Friendship is a pretty full-time occupation if you really are friendly with somebody. You canít have too many friends because then youíre just not really friends."

"No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever."
- Francois Mocuriac - Sent in by spiff

"Give others freedom to be themselves. Appreciate the differences between their ways an yours."
- (sent by Jennifer Chen)

"Friends are the Bacon Bits in the Salad Bowl of Life."
- "Pizza Place Sign", (sent by Rory Bristol)

The following 5 quotes were sent by Danielle N. Redfield - Thanks!! :smiley: :smiley:

"Friendship is one mind in two bodies."
- Mencius

"Truth and tears clear the way to a deep and lasting friendship."

"True friendship is never serene."
- Mariede Svign

"Friendship: a building contract you sign with laughter and break with tears."

"Friends are God's way of taking care of us."

"It's the friends you can call up at 4am that matter."
- Marlene Dietrick

"A friend is a gift you give yourself."
- Robert Louis Stevenson, (sent by Julio Fung)

"Friend - a person known well to another and regarded with liking, affection and loyalty."
- Collins English Dictionary

"A new friendship is like an unripened fruit - it may become either an orange or a lemon"
- Emma Stacey

"Anybody can sympathise with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathise with a friend's success."
- Oscar Wilde

"Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,
Grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel;
But do not dull thy palm with entertainment
Of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade."
- William Shakespeare

"Friendship with oneself is all-important because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world."
- Eleanor Roosevelt

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them."
- Mother Teresa

"I will speak ill of no man, and speak all the good I know of everybody."
- Benjamin Franklin

"Misfortune shows those who are not really friends."
- Aristotle

"Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of joy you must have somebody to divide it with."
- Mark Twain

"Thus nature has no love for solitude, and always leans, as it were, on some support; and the sweetest support is found in the most intimate friendship."
- Cicero

"Advice is like snow; the softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon, and the deeper it sinks into the mind."
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge

"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert

Back