Friends

hello a.k.a julia thorne, don't feel too badly about your friend. i'm sorry but it sounds like she sucks. :angry: you don't just dash your best friends for new friends. i think that she feels that it's a new era in her life yadda, yadda , yadda. tell it to the judge. you don't need her. i'm sure you'll make other friends and when she comes running back tell her you don't need sucky friends like her. ;) and if she's mean to you i'll sort her out.:stick: also enjoy your new girls school. you learn a lot better. it's been proven. and ignore whichever b***h was harsh to you. she needs a slap.i'll be your friend. :console:

thanks garnergarnish.... you dont know how ur much ur posts means to me! And shes already trying to "become my friend" again. lol I told her she f***ed herself over... in nicer words of course..... not that she deserved nicer words but i hate being a b****.lol
~Jules

P.s. thanks for being my friend hehe^_^

I have lots of different types of friends.
There's school friends. The people who I basically hang out with at school, but not much more.
Then there's my good friends, who I hang out with outside of school.
And then there's what some people would consider my best friends. I live next to my best friend. We've been friends for 4 years. She's one grade older than me, but we do everything together. I also consider my cousin my best friend. I've known her since I was born, and we've played together forever. Now she's a senior, and I'm in 8th grade, and we still are always together.

I've had the same group of friends since about kindergarden. Some new people added here, and there, and some growing apart, but still basically the same group. Next year when we go to high school, I think we're all going to have different friends. Spilting up between different schools, and just never getting any classes together, really makes you loose touch. I guess friendships do change between time.

yeah thats what happened to me.. in sixth grade we all went to different schools. Now im in 8th and besides b-day parties we've almost all lost touch... I dont have too many friends at school 4 to be exact and were all going to the same HS! YIPEE! YEah and my other friend who "moved on" will be there too. oh well she has her new posse... ^_^

My friends arent in my classes and arent the same race as me! My school teaches English as a second langauge so there are a lot of ppl from other countries. My best mate and I have been friends since I moved to this school, we pretty much just hit it off straight away. This is my second last year at high school so I dont know whats gonna happen when we leave school, hopefully we'll stay in touch.

hey jules, hope ur feeling a bit better today. i read ur fic and thought that it was a really interesting concept, to take the mother-daughter relationship and put syd in the other role. i liked it. are you thinking of developing the idea further?

on saturday i am forcing my good friends to watch the pilot of alias cos britain needs more viewers and i'mconvinced that all they need is to see the first ep. stupid friends, love them to bits but for not watching alias they suck.
:poke:

Offline, I have two people that I truly consider friends. I know a lot of other people, and am friendly with them, but they're not really friends, just acquaintances.

Demon is the one I've known the longest- we've known each other for seven years now. For the first year and a half, we weren't friends... quite the opposite actually. My best friend at that time was a girl named Christine, and she and Demon didn't always get along. I was stupid, so I sided with Christine. Somehow, Demon and I moved past that; I don't talk to Chris anymore {she's a drug addict now} but Demon, I talk to all the time, and she's at my house almost every weekend or vice versa. {yes, Demon is female. ;) }

My best friend is Harley {also female} and I've known her for 5 years now. Again, it hasn't always been this way; again, Christine was a big part of the problem. But Harley and I have only seen each other twice since October. I used to be able to go over to her house any time, day or night, and walk in without knocking or calling or anything, but she had a big family shake up, and she lives almost an hour away now as compared to the 15 minutes she lived before.

Online, there are more people I'd consider friends, but very few that I'd truly trust with anything deep or personal. One of them, I often feel closer to than I do with either Harley or Demon. Even though she and I have never met, and because of distance aren't likely to, at least anytime soon, I still consider her one of my closest friends.

As for interests, I share things in common with all 3 of them; Demon and I are so similar it's scary. We've been known to say the exact same thing, same time, same tone of voice. :lol:

I always thought you and Demon were sisters. :lol: ;)

At school, I have one true friend I can talk about anything with and I've been best friends with her since the 3rd grade. Another friend, who I'm not so close with, I've known since kindergarten. It's been 10 years. :blink:

And online, all my close friends are from AllAlias... Jo, Kate, Siri, bobo the whole bunch. ;) Although only siri posts here. :ermm:

hotpot said:
Being away at college has made me realize - that there are some friends that are only with you for a certain time in your life and when that time is over, so is the friendship. It's sad, but it's the truth.

I also have found it is very hard to be friends with girls around my age. In person at least, most girls I know won't hesitate to talk about you behind your back the minute it's turned.

Also, a lot of girls my age tend to be all about 'the drama.' I cannot stand that. I could care less about your name dropping, boy you got on, what this girl said to you at a party, how drunk you were, this and that funny thing that happened when so and so did this - GAH!! I think that is a huge sign it's time for me to graduate and move on from college - I am over all of that!
I read this and thought *story of my life*. When I left for college, a lot of friendships from High School got left behind. I still talk with them sometimes, but it's never the same. And that's really fine.

I have 2 very close friends who I've known for a while. My best friend, Allison, I've known since 6th grade (I'm graduating college this year). We're basically sisters. We talk about everything and have been known to be thinking the exact same thing at the same time. It's the best friendship I've ever had. Even though we hardly see each other, we share pretty much everything. My other good friend is Carrie, who I've know since 9th grade. We don't talk very often, but when we do it's always amazing. No matter how much time passes, we'll always be friends.

In college I have many acquaintances and just a couple of real friends. Most of the people I know and hang out with are guys. My closest friend at school is a girl who's name is Aimee (we bonded over having the same name) and we've had our rough times, but we've been friends since freshman year of college. Most of the other girls I know are drama queens and can be so petty it's disgusting...plus they're usually girlfriends of the guys I know, and sometimes hold the fact that I'm friends with their boyfriends against me...their problem, not mine!

I live with my sister, who is older than me. We're really close and when I hang out with her friends it's great. The older crowd can be much more real than college I've found. I'm off to graduate school in September in a completely new city, practiacally across the country and am looking forward to meeting people in the same frame of mind as me!

VaughnFan13 said:
Alias Anna said:
I'm often stuck in friend-politics. For example, I can't invite this friend on Sunday because I already have So-and-So coming. But I love my friends. It's just hard because some of them loathe each other for reasons beyond me. The worst part is when one friend rants about the other... to me. It's as if they want me to stand there and agree with their every word. One time, taht girl actually wrote an angry poem about my other friend (who is sort of short). It said something like, "I'm not going to let... that little girl walk all over me." I was really mad, and she was ticked off at me for a day or two. She's very controlling. On the other hand, my other friend has a very different approach: she ignores the problem. She avoids both the person herself and discussion of her. If I start talking to the other girl, she'll walk away so as to not have to share the same square yard with her. It's tough... And there is no way I'm going to choose sides. Arg! :mellow:
Argh, good to know I'm not the only one who goes through this. This is why, for birthdays and stuff, I can't have all of my friends in one place. Certain friends of mine don't like the others, and at times, they will trash talk each other. I just try to polietely remind them that the other person is also my friend, and that she/he's really not that bad.
yes. the trash-talking gets very stressful at some times. i hate it when one friend expects me to agree with their harsh comments about another friend. i don't want to lose one, but being neutral is hella hard.

me and making friends. It really just depends what I feel like. If i don't feel like being friendly then i won't be, if i am then i will be. i'm usually nice to everyone unless they're mean to me.most of my friends i've known for awhile, others not as long. :smiley:

hey, just wondering, but where do you meet your friends? school, or some place else? do your parents disapprove of any of them? are they the same age/grade?

I met the majority of my friends in school, and while the majority are my age/grade, I do have some that are a year younger, and some that are 2 years older. I'm friendly with people in all the grade levels at my school (and here i am, just a freshman :P But the seniors will be graduating soon! :(), but they wouldnt be counted as friends. ANd my parents would disapprove of some of them, if she knew what they were really like...

mine are most always same grade when they are from school. at other places (i do LOTS of theater, i make friends there) many of them are one grade above me.

VaughnFan13 said:
where do you meet your friends? school, or some place else? do your parents disapprove of any of them? are they the same age/grade?
I've met all my friends in school. I've got friends pretty much from every grade but my closest friends are my age..
My mom disapproves some of my friends. I can't understand why she disapproves them, they've never done anything bad.

Just a thread to talk about friends, and friendship. What does it mean to you?

Friendship is probably one of the most important things in my life. I have many acquaintances but only the best of them are true friends. Friends are loyal, honest, and someone you can talk to no matter what.

How long have you had your longest friend for?

My current best friend I've known for 2 years. I can tell her anything.

And, I'm just wondering, because I've noticed this at my school, but are your friends usually the same wealth class as you?

I don't really pay attention to wealth. Everyone around where I live seem to be around average in wealth like me.

The same race?

There is only really one race in my school. We're not a mix, but there are a few people of other races.

The same gender?

No, I have a lot of male friends. Guys are more reliable than girls at my age. Girls like to gossip and share secrets. But my gal friends are very reliable.

Just wondering. Are you friends with people with similar interests to yours, or are you completely different?

Similar I suppose. Some of my friends we bond because of our religion and others we bond because of like conversations. For example not many people my age like to talk about serious stuff and the future past thursday, so that's why I have a lot of my Friends.

My best friend and i have known each other for almost 8 years and we are like sister, we share the same interests and sometimes we have our differences :smiley: but we get over them. We are always there for eavh other, and can talk about anythink with out feeling uncomfortable.

But we have learnt one thing IT IS OK TO GET INTO FIGHTS, i swear it helps we have little argument all the time but it is natural to have a fight ( and by fight i dont mean cat fight phsycal fight i mean like not talking angry fight)every so often

👋 me and my mates are like the mini osbournes, the guys are sick, completely teenage and the girls are like "ewwwwwww" bu we still habg with them even though there minds only on kne thing, LOL were the loudest in the class. theres NO WAY you could get us to shut uo and we often have to be bribed and/or threated to get seperated lmao or to shut the fu** up by teachers..... hmm i like my freinds :D

Back